For Sale 2018 Horween Small Batch Easton Program - End of Thread Has Current Model

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
Being an Easton fan for a long time and like most, I have been following the Glove Cowboy for a bit. Have been looking forward to this and the 12.75".
DM sent and thank you.

Last edited:

ilikegloves

Part Time Player
Just pre ordered mine. The new eastons that I have tried do play a bit small. Hopefully this 12.25 plays true to size. I have the 12.75 model and it feels like a small 12.5.
I was also lucky enough to go to the Easton HQ about six months ago and got to see Eric's personal horween gloves before anyone knew they existed. Great leather! Too bad the 12.25 isn't Tan but I'm excited for the caramel color.
If anyone is interested in seeing pics of the 12.75 Easton, I have pictures in my Instagram @ilikegloves

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
How small is the batch? i.e. Are they only actually producing 12 of each, or are you only getting 12?

If its the former, are they numbered?

MaverickAH

These will not be so stiff you cannot game them. They are being tanned by Horween and are made in the Philippines. The 12.25 looks very close to the horween 12.25 we made up a few months ago. Pic attached.View attachment 40656

Close???!!!!

I see a world of difference between the two! Enough to instinctively know that that I would much more prefer the Easton!

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I haven't received the 12.25 sample yet (I'm expecting it to arrive either tomorrow or Saturday), but I heard preorders are going fast. So those waiting for my review (which will most likely get posted Sunday or Monday) to pull the trigger may be too late.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
How small is the batch? i.e. Are they only actually producing 12 of each, or are you only getting 12?

If its the former, are they numbered?
Look at the 5th post in this thread. There will be 12 Caramel and 12 Tan for January. Looks like there will be a total of 24 gloves per month for the full year so 288 gloves total

Party mafia

Just pre ordered mine. The new eastons that I have tried do play a bit small. Hopefully this 12.25 plays true to size. I have the 12.75 model and it feels like a small 12.5.
I was also lucky enough to go to the Easton HQ about six months ago and got to see Eric's personal horween gloves before anyone knew they existed. Great leather! Too bad the 12.25 isn't Tan but I'm excited for the caramel color.
If anyone is interested in seeing pics of the 12.75 Easton, I have pictures in my Instagram @ilikegloves
could you post the pictures in here, since I don't use instagram.

Did you own the Easton Mako LE 12.75" glove by any chance?

southpaw8

I am chatting with Eric now about lefty models. Caramel is called that from Horween. The Tan is C55.
Thanks for checking on us leftys. I'd definitely be interested in a 12.75 model and maybe even a first base mitt depending on how it turns out.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
At this time the 12.25" are all spoken for. Please do not send money or inquiries for the 12.25" thanks. If I messaged you payment info and you have not paid by now please do not they are all gone.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
These look promising. I too will be waiting to hear reviews. Are these gonna be such tanks that they are mainly collectors pieces, or will they be functional? Also, kinda hard to know when to order if we only know a glove or two ahead of time. I want a 11.75 or 12 mod-trap, but maybe I get anxious waiting to see if one will come out and I "settle" for an 11.5 I-web, only to see the one I really wanted come out a month or two later.
honest question, do you consider the pre-japtan DMS 'non functional'? if not, what 'tanks' are you referring to? Also, I'm sure if you DM Eric he can address this for you. Unless he is bound to silence, I'm sure he'll do anything he can to help or point you in the wrong direction as to when to buy. Since this all came from his brain, its not like he wouldnt know :)

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Note sure.... 12.75" trap!
Gotcha. There is a LS TPX 12.75 Giambi RV23 style glove up. I saw it last week, but didn't pay attention to the end date. It still has 2+ days left so it can't be that anyway. Cool glove though! It's identical to my Pete rose Jr one, but has Jason Giambi on the thumb instead. For anyone interested, check it out bc its a great glove. Im a big fan of the one I own and this is only the 2nd one I've ever seen. That said, I can't justify buying a 2nd just bc of the diff name. HOWEVER, at 12.75 I urge anyone who likes the rv23 but finds it too small for softball to give it a look!

Jchap

honest question, do you consider the pre-japtan DMS 'non functional'? if not, what 'tanks' are you referring to? Also, I'm sure if you DM Eric he can address this for you. Unless he is bound to silence, I'm sure he'll do anything he can to help or point you in the wrong direction as to when to buy. Since this all came from his brain, its not like he wouldnt know :)
DMS LS Pro Flare C55

GloveCowboy

Thanks Milocoman, looking forward for SB's reviews betweent the 1781 and the Easton Horween. Do you know what kind of horween is the Easton glove uses?

Thanks

I like to refer to the two leather options as Horween Caramel and Horween Harvest Tan. They are as stiff as C55, but have slightly more drag. Also this Horween leather that we developed specifically for this program, has great shape memory, which is probably my favorite aspect of both the Caramel and Harvest Tan.

Think of it this way, have you ever put on someone else's Rainbow sandals? Right away you can feel all the differences caused by the constant molding to a foot that is different than yours - arch height, heel width, pressure points etc.. and you can tell the sandals were molded to fit someone else. Leather sandals have incredible leather memory due to the constant weight and pressure exerted by walking around, creating a unique/custom leather imprint that is specific to that person's foot.

This is how I like to describe this Horween Small Batch leather. During your first day of catch or mallet work, you will start to feel the leather seep into your hand grooves and develop a precise cast that is specific to only your hand.

GC

Party mafia

I like to refer to the two leather options as Horween Caramel and Horween Harvest Tan. They are as stiff as C55, but have slightly more drag. Also this Horween leather that we developed specifically for this program, has great shape memory, which is probably my favorite aspect of both the Caramel and Harvest Tan.

Think of it this way, have you ever put on someone else's Rainbow sandals? Right away you can feel all the differences caused by the constant molding to a foot that is different than yours - arch height, heel width, pressure points etc.. and you can tell the sandals were molded to fit someone else. Leather sandals have incredible leather memory due to the constant weight and pressure exerted by walking around, creating a unique/custom leather imprint that is specific to that person's foot.

This is how I like to describe this Horween Small Batch leather. During your first day of catch or mallet work, you will start to feel the leather seep into your hand grooves and develop a precise cast that is specific to only your hand.

GC
Thanks for explanation GloveCowboy; will the future small batch use the Horween Caramel and Horween Harvest Tan as well? will there be a 12.5,12.75, 13, and 13.5 sizes of the Easton Small batch? So i can start saving for one now.

Party mafia

Completely lost on rainbow sandals analogy. Anyone care to translate for me?
The rainbow sandals analogy is that when you wear a brand new pair of rainbow leather sandal, the leather of the sandal will mold to your feet as you're walking.. So the Easton small batch Horween leather will mold to your hand as the more you use it to play catch and game it, so it will be part of your hand, similar as wearing the rainbow sandal.

Jchap

The rainbow sandals analogy is that when you wear a brand new pair of rainbow leather sandal, the leather of the sandal will mold to your feet as you're walking.. So the Easton small batch Horween leather will mold to your hand as the more you use it to play catch and game it, so it will be part of your hand, similar as wearing the rainbow sandal.
What is rainbow leather? I have horween gloves, pro preffereds, pro issue Wilson's, etc. they all mold to my hand the more I use them. What are the characteristics of rainbow leather sandals that make them unique?

I have literally never worn a sandal in my life.

Last edited: