2018 USSSA DeMarini Line

DynamicD

Addicted to Softballfans
Did it have the same feeling as the Divergence Barrel or the Paraflex?

I have a feeling the TM is an upgraded Divergence Barrel... or least thats what I am hoping!

Didn't feel like the Paraflex, not sure about being Divergence.

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
What are the differences in USA am handle. I have a 15 and a 16. Let me know, thanx.

15= Sc4 alloy handle
16=znx alloy handle

The 16 felt stiffer and different to me. I’m still gaming a 15 my second one and love the thing to death. Interested to see the specs on the 18. I’m grabbing a KP23 cause I’ve been waiting for miken/worth to put out a 12” barrel bat with their new technology.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
15= Sc4 alloy handle
16=znx alloy handle

The 16 felt stiffer and different to me. I’m still gaming a 15 my second one and love the thing to death. Interested to see the specs on the 18. I’m grabbing a KP23 cause I’ve been waiting for miken/worth to put out a 12” barrel bat with their new technology.

To me, the 15 feels stiffer than the 16. Im considering the KP23 as well

Nelly_13

Manager
The Twisted is more of an midload because of the 13in barrel. It’s a hot bat with little break in! It’s going to be a game changer! Also if you like longer Demarini Barrels the 13.5in Malice is fire trust me pick one up and you won’t be disappointed! That **** is fire!!!

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Wonder how much durability is sacrificed with these new bats? Anyone have a hit count with compression numbers on these bats? Or any feedback to seams/cracks?

Party mafia

Wondering if the TM is the replacement of their 2017 dinger slinger, since the DS wasn't a hot seller bat from demarini in 2017.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Wondering if the TM is the replacement of their 2017 dinger slinger, since the DS wasn't a hot seller bat from demarini in 2017.

Possibly, but swung them both side by side in a bat provided tourney and can say the the TM has more of a slight endload and the DS was more balanced/midload. I can also say that the new breed was the bat of choice for many as they were hot and lasted all day. All of the TMs were broke by midday (3 at our fields and 5 at another location) and the new breed seemed to be a good combo of hot and durable. Most guys were all saying the same thing about the TM, that it was hot but nothing mind blowing especially when considering the lack of durability. The DS were all going strong at the end of the day but nobody was wowed by the performance.

Party mafia

Possibly, but swung them both side by side in a bat provided tourney and can say the the TM has more of a slight endload and the DS was more balanced/midload. I can also say that the new breed was the bat of choice for many as they were hot and lasted all day. All of the TMs were broke by midday (3 at our fields and 5 at another location) and the new breed seemed to be a good combo of hot and durable. Most guys were all saying the same thing about the TM, that it was hot but nothing mind blowing especially when considering the lack of durability. The DS were all going strong at the end of the day but nobody was wowed by the performance.
Thanks. I will wait for a sale on the 2108 newbreed, since the TM bat has durability issues.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Wonder how much durability is sacrificed with these new bats? Anyone have a hit count with compression numbers on these bats? Or any feedback to seams/cracks?
We played a USSSA Civil War tournament this weekend at a BLD in Southern California (so the weather was actually nice, not freezing). We were using Classic M's. Some of the Demarinis cracked before the end of the day. Enough of them that they ended up putting Louisvilles on a few of the fields as the second bats. We had Twisted Mistress, new DB44 Juggy and New Breeds. I can ask and see if they know which ones broke and how many if you want.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
We played a USSSA Civil War tournament this weekend at a BLD in Southern California (so the weather was actually nice, not freezing). We were using Classic M's. Some of the Demarinis cracked before the end of the day. Enough of them that they ended up putting Louisvilles on a few of the fields as the second bats. We had Twisted Mistress, new DB44 Juggy and New Breeds. I can ask and see if they know which ones broke and how many if you want.

This is the tournament that I was speaking of. All of the TMs were broken by midday and those were the only ones I heard of that were breaking. The DS, NB, Insanes and Juggys were all still going that I was aware of. They went through 8 TMs last I saw and that was with my own eyes as they were sitting behind the directors table inside the bar all cracked.

Last edited:

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
Sounds like I should but a tm and get a new breed if it breaks. Lol.

that sir is a good plan, broke one tm quick and now I only swing the other in games it seems to be holding up so far, but I suck at hitting and fielding too, really I suck at this game altogether.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I seeing hard enough to break a new breed is just buy that but I rarely use my warranty even with all those combats I've had.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
This is the tournament that I was speaking of. All of the TMs were broken by midday and those were the only ones I heard of that were breaking. The DS, NB, Insanes and Juggys were all still going that I was aware of. They went through 8 TMs last I saw and that was with my own eyes as they were sitting behind the directors table inside the bar all cracked.
I verified with the guy running the tournament, it was all Twisted Mistress bats breaking. He didn't have an exact number because they were provided by a vendor. He said none of the other bats broke. The TM almost felt balanced to me. If it's supposed to have an endload, it's very slight. The New Breed on the other hand had more of an endload and definitely seemed more durable. I got to swing the DB44 Juggy on one of the fields and liked it ok too.

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
I verified with the guy running the tournament, it was all Twisted Mistress bats breaking. He didn't have an exact number because they were provided by a vendor. He said none of the other bats broke. The TM almost felt balanced to me. If it's supposed to have an endload, it's very slight. The New Breed on the other hand had more of an endload and definitely seemed more durable. I got to swing the DB44 Juggy on one of the fields and liked it ok too.

well the db44 is good so far for me we have one with about 300 swings on it and it's webbed up but still going good. if they made a bat like the tm that had a little better durability that would be my pick for the year. as of now im going with the db44 myself. everybody wants fire out of the wrapper though so they sure did that, I myself like to hit a little more bp and watch it open up. honestly though I will stick with demarini this year because I like the feel of every bat they have made.

chile

Bad Ape
well the db44 is good so far for me we have one with about 300 swings on it and it's webbed up but still going good. if they made a bat like the tm that had a little better durability that would be my pick for the year. as of now im going with the db44 myself. everybody wants fire out of the wrapper though so they sure did that, I myself like to hit a little more bp and watch it open up. honestly though I will stick with demarini this year because I like the feel of every bat they have made.

i am liking the TM the most out of my 18 lineup (psycho, Harvey) for utrip...too bad i don't play more utrip :/ but yeah, i like to bp and it's not gonna get anymore bp on it. trying to keep myself from ordering another....

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
i am liking the TM the most out of my 18 lineup (psycho, Harvey) for utrip...too bad i don't play more utrip :/ but yeah, i like to bp and it's not gonna get anymore bp on it. trying to keep myself from ordering another....

Better than the Harvey? Dammit!!!

chile

Bad Ape
Better than the Harvey? Dammit!!!

Utrip, yeah... but I haven't taken any real time with the utrip Harvey yet...the 70ish cuts I put on the TM have been pretty good for what I was expecting...love the Psycho but the TM is replacing it as my fave 18 bat so far for utrip...

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
What do y'all hit in utrip? We mostly play gsl and wsl so that's the hardest classic ms on the planet and 44/400 for wsl. It sounds like the tm wouldn't last long around here.

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer

I say this but will buy 4 and say **** the durability.