2020 Johnny Bailey vs 2021 Johnny Bailey

C-DAWG25

4rd of BP with the JB 21, I must say this BP was one of the worst I have had in a long time just in a bad slump :( could not hit pass 275 all. Just could not get going today. So know the JB 21 has over 365 hits on it and to be honest I am NOT feeling it I know other feel different and love their 21 but for myself its seems like my swing is fighting the bat. I guess the extra handle weight they put in the 21 throws me off when used to swinging the JB 20. Either way last ball during BP used the JB 20 and went 365.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
This thread is really hard to read. I'll try not to allow it to influence my bat selection though.

ABLXTRA

veteran
There is a difference in the way they swing . The only way I can explain is the 20 has a true EL on the end, and the 21 is like the whole barrel is weighted making it seem more balanced

dunkky

had my 1st hr with jb last sat. not a masher. but i crushed that one, probably the longest one i ever hit.

dunkky

wait ........ with the JB 2021 or 2020 ?

I only have gold one. but i don't think it would have mattered though. that thing was totally crushed. u really don't like 21 uh? hmm.. maybe if someone has that bat, i'll try to swing it and see. i am thinking it can't be that much different in terms of performance.

C-DAWG25

Melee flexes more than both JB’s if you like flex the melee and suncoast will be perfect .
Some say the 2020 JB flexes a lot which I don't think so but if the Melee flexes more then I don't know if that would hurt or help my swing.

C-DAWG25

I only have gold one. but i don't think it would have mattered though. that thing was totally crushed. u really don't like 21 uh? hmm.. maybe if someone has that bat, i'll try to swing it and see. i am thinking it can't be that much different in terms of performance.
I have both the gold and the new 2021 the gold one right off the bat was dropping bombs !!! love it again the 2021 is not the same bat it takes a lot longer to break in and has more handle weight which seems to lose some of its whip with my swing so at 400 hits on the 2021 its still cant match the 2020 in performance on my end/swing.

ABLXTRA

veteran
I swing the miken KP for USSSA
same frame , I don’t think the JB’s flex that much . you want the bat to flex , but if you have to slow you swing down to get the bat to perform then it flexing too much

dunkky

more handle weight

that's dumb. i probably would not like it then. i like endloaded barrel with less weight on the handle. reason why i like a thin handle. but then again, i liked wicked, black green one. i liked empire... I haven't hit senior bat that i dislike so far. lol.

Hawkeye92

OG Midget Mafia
I

I may try to trade my 2021 JB 27oz for a 2019 Adidas Melee 12
Last Summer I fell in love with the 2020 JB……until I bought the 2019 Adidas 12” 2 piece at Senior Worlds in AZ. After 100 hits, it became my gamer.
I hadn’t swung the JB much this year yet so I took it out for BP last weekend and it felt amazing. Dropping bombs!!
Today I took BP with both the JB and Adidas 12” and the Adidas out hit the JB by 10-15’.
Both bats felt great, but the Adidas just felt better for my swing

C-DAWG25

Last Summer I fell in love with the 2020 JB……until I bought the 2019 Adidas 12” 2 piece at Senior Worlds in AZ. After 100 hits, it became my gamer.
I hadn’t swung the JB much this year yet so I took it out for BP last weekend and it felt amazing. Dropping bombs!!
Today I took BP with both the JB and Adidas 12” and the Adidas out hit the JB by 10-15’.
Both bats felt great, but the Adidas just felt better for my swing
Nice Hawk