20th hole

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Played 6 holes at lunch.....broke my 3 iron from the middle of the fairway. Wasnt fat, damn good shot....just lost the club head right at the tip.....awesome. 6 days old

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
i saw a kid in hs one time snap a 9 iron shaft on a shot he stuck to 3 feet. it was loud

i myself had a 4i snap just above the hosel on a shot off the tee. ball didn't go anywhere

p17

cody there are some new exotics irons in the gs section. i wouldn't get them over your cally's, but thought you might be interested

mikewohlwend

I figured this would be a good place to ask this. I already posted on WRX yesterday.

I bought a 9* Big Bertha and adjusted it to +2*, When I did launch monitor setting I was hitting the 10.5* set at standard loft. It seemed like I was getting more height on the ball hitting the 10.5 than I am with the 9 (set to 11)

How accurate are the loft adjustments on the new drivers?

p17

mostly gimmicks honestly, i saw a study on wrx from tom wishon i think showing that most of the "adjustable" drivers hardly really adjust. and keep in mind when you "raise" the loft, you're closing the clubface slightly

p17

here's the article. he didn't do callaway clubs, but you can see from the charts that the lofts hardly changed, if at all

[ame]http://wishongolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/adjustable-hosel-drivers.pdf[/ame]

mikewohlwend

mostly gimmicks honestly, i saw a study on wrx from tom wishon i think showing that most of the "adjustable" drivers hardly really adjust. and keep in mind when you "raise" the loft, you're closing the clubface slightly

Yes I knew it would close the club face.

here's the article. he didn't do callaway clubs, but you can see from the charts that the lofts hardly changed, if at all

http://wishongolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/adjustable-hosel-drivers.pdf

I will give that article a read. I may end up trading it for a 10.5 or selling it and buying one. I have thought about switching out the shaft, but would have to go somewhere for suggestions on what to use.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Are you ****ing kidding me? Got new clubs on Thursday of last week....this past Tuesday, hit my 3 iron flush and bam, snap. I get pics to warranty department yesterday and today, I hav my new 3 iron. I go play 4 holes over lunch and hit a monster off the box right down the pipe and bam.....snapped on 2nd swing. Unreal

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Because i bought them a week ago and that's the shaft they came with. I have shafts I'm putting in them, I just thought I'd play a few rounds

****ty thing is, the swing the 2nd one broke on was off the tee....I didnt even touch the ground

thomas_z71

Addicted to Softballfans
There's a 9* with 2 days left with no bids for $305 brand new..i know that will go up, but are people kinda scared of teh 9* b/c of the supposed loft up stuff?

thomas_z71

Addicted to Softballfans
Headed to Pine Dunes this weekend for 5 rounds of golf with dudes. Then TX AM qualy Monday. Was really hoping to have one to try out this weekend.