32 Best Players In Baseball

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans

Starting from the top of the list, this is where I see major problems.

Roy being #2. He is a stud pitcher and proved it last year. Problem is he is only in the game once every 5 days and therefore I don't think you can put him at #2.

Adrian Gonzalez is going to have a huge year in Fenway. I saw an analysis on the MLB channel about how many more HRs he would have had if he played in any other park besides San Diego and it was disgusting. But I think to rank him #3 is a bit of a stretch. Albert's bat alone is good enough to rank #1 to me, but I don't think you can say any first baseman plays a large enough role that their defense makes up for batting numbers. Therefore, by default, I think Adrian falls out of #3. To rank Adrian above Mauer is absurd.

I think that Troy Tulowitzki is in the top 5 players in the game right now. Besides Pujols and Hanley, I think he is the only legitimate contender to win a triple crown. I give him the edge over Hanley due to defensive skills.

Chase Utley isn't even in my top 20.

Give me Cliff Lee over CC any day of the week.

The fact that Crawford is behind Choo completely discredits the entire list.

Where the hell is Ichiro? Why is Greinke on this list? I hate the Red Sox but I think Pedroia should be mentioned. And last but not least (this is biased), but I would put David Price in the top 32 in baseball right now.

BoxerGT2.5

Addicted to Softballfans
Utley on that list is a ****in' disgrace, that just discredits the whole damn thing. "Top 7 player"??? Really?

OnlySolo

You mad?
Buster Posey is the top catcher in the League. He could be considered the best young hitter in the league as well. He indeed does belong on the list. I don't see how a rod is so low on the list.

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
Am i the only 1 that saw where it said his PREDICTIONS for the upcoming year?

KannonsDad

**** you
For the most part I agree with the guys on there (Votto needs to have a few more consistent years to be one of the best, imo), but not necessarily the order. If Longoria was a Yankee or Red Sox, he'd be the second coming of Christ. Playing for TB hurts him unfortunately.

MBG1977

Banned User
I dont think pitchers can be on the list. You can have top 32 position players and top 32 pitchers but the list is all jacked up. Posey shopuld be on any list at this point he is talented but let him have a year in the league first.

zonk55

Addicted to Softballfans
Glaring omission is Ichiro. Has banged > 200 hits for 10 straight years. Also, he is a stellar outfielder. Very close to a 5 tool player, just not a HR hitter.

Peacock

DBOTY 2011
#1 Albert Pujols: Not sure if he actually is the best, but I wouldn't bet against it.
#2 Roy Halladay: Best pitcher in the NL. Top 5 material.
#3 Adrian Gonzalez: Never ever.
#4 Joe Mauer: If he weren't a catcher, he's not make the Top 20.
#5 Joey Votto: Nope. Top 15
#6 Felix Hernandez: Best pitcher in the Bigs. Should be #1 or #2.
#7 Hanley Ramirez: Yup.
#8 Evan Longoria: A bit overrated.
#9 Robinson Cano: Yankee bias. Good player, just not #9
#10 Ryan Braun: Not quite sold on him being this good.
#11 Troy Tulowitzki: Not for long, he's going up.
#12 Chase Utley: In 2007...
#13 Tim Lincecum: Most certainly Top Ten
#14 Miguel Cabrera: If total one dimensionality puts you in the Top 15, then he is placed right.
#15 CC Sabathia: Sounds good.
#16 Cliff Lee: 11-13 is more like it.
#17 Josh Hamilton: Too bad he's so fragile.
#18 Ryan Zimmerman: Agreed.
#19 Kevin Youkilis: Sounds about right.
#20 Matt Holliday: WTF?!!
#21 David Wright: WTF?!
#22 Jon Lester: Maybe low teens.
#23 Justin Verlander: If more durable, Top Ten material.
#24 Brain McCann: Maybe four, five years ago.
#25 Shin-Soo Choo: No lower than 15th, imho.
#26 Carl Crawford: If A-Rod is #27, Crawford should be in the Top Ten.
#27 A-Rod: Nope. But gotta cram as many Yanks as possible in there somehow...
#28 Matt Cain: Underrated. High 20s.
#29: Zack Greinke: If not so fragile, he should be higher.
#30: Ubaldo Jimenez: Seriously? Behind McCann and a lot of others on this list?
#31: Buster Posey: Based on potential only.
#32 Mark Teixeira: Teix is a good defensive 1B. His offense has not been very impressive lately. Sounds about right overall.

How can Teix, Posey, A-Rod, McCann (!!!), Wright (!!!) and Holliday be in this list and no CarGo, no Josh Johnson, no Nelson Cruz, no Ichiro...

Oso

Banned User
Ubaldo and Tulo but no CarGo :confused: he is a top 5 OF in the League... dude won the NL batting title last year. that list is bull****.

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
I must be missing the point. I don't understand why this guys predictions for this coming year have anything to do with what a player did last year.

Glaring omission is Ichiro. Has banged > 200 hits for 10 straight years. Also, he is a stellar outfielder. Very close to a 5 tool player, just not a HR hitter.

Ichiro has a ton of power. I've watched him take BP before and he was hitting some bombs. His main focus is getting on base though and thats why you don't see him hit a lot of homers. People have said if he focused on hitting for power he'd hit 30+ homers.

Peacock

DBOTY 2011
I must be missing the point. I don't understand why this guys predictions for this coming year have anything to do with what a player did last year.

Ichiro has a ton of power. I've watched him take BP before and he was hitting some bombs. His main focus is getting on base though and thats why you don't see him hit a lot of homers. People have said if he focused on hitting for power he'd hit 30+ homers.

Well, this guy obviously has a hardon for New York and catchers.
There is no sense at all in most of this.
I have brought up a lot of names already, but just to add a few:
Ryan Howard > Brian McCann
Dan Uggla > Chase Utley
Prince Fielder > David Wright
and on and on and on.

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
Is he going just offense or defense too? Utley has been over-rated the past few years. Not saying he's not good, but he hasn't played up to par lately. McCann IMO is probably the best all around catcher in the NL. ( I haven't seen buster posey play)

Peacock

DBOTY 2011
Is he going just offense or defense too? Utley has been over-rated the past few years. Not saying he's not good, but he hasn't played up to par lately. McCann IMO is probably the best all around catcher in the NL. ( I haven't seen buster posey play)

Hmmm, I would debate that, just because I think that Yadier Molina is so muc better defensively than any other catcher in the MLB, that his offensive shortcomings are outweighed by that, but this would make for a great argument. :D

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
Hmmm, I would debate that, just because I think that Yadier Molina is so muc better defensively than any other catcher in the MLB, that his offensive shortcomings are outweighed by that, but this would make for a great argument. :D

Yadier is on the Cards right? I think McCann is gonna bounch back from a down year and lead the braves to the NL east title. :D

Peacock

DBOTY 2011
Yadier is on the Cards right? I think McCann is gonna bounch back from a down year and lead the braves to the NL east title. :D

Yeah. He has the best arm out of all catchers. His release is so fast, it's amazing.

zonk55

Addicted to Softballfans
Did not say Ichiro had no power. Stated that he has not hit HRs. He is the leadoff batter, job is to get on base. I am sure he could handle batting 3rd very well, with at least 25HR.