50 swings easton ghost

Laser15

Ok I got a easton ghost took bp today 86 degrees outside we hit all 52/300's 50 swings later this happened

Attachments

• 20180413_191916-compressed.jpg
    20180413_191916-compressed.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 255

Laser15

That sucks! How was it performing?
We had the easton brigade thing that tells you ball speed it was consistent at 101 it was the hottest easton I've ever hit didn't feel anything on the barrel from swing one the feel really light to me didn't put it on a scale yet to check that out. .I'm just totally bummed due to the fact I loved everything about the bat except the obvious..

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
We had the easton brigade thing that tells you ball speed it was consistent at 101 it was the hottest easton I've ever hit didn't feel anything on the barrel from swing one the feel really light to me didn't put it on a scale yet to check that out. .I'm just totally bummed due to the fact I loved everything about the bat except the obvious..

Nice! I’m gonna try one eventually...i’ll be surprised if it makes me drop my ASA Gamer tho

ShortYellowBus

The Ghost is better with more swings. The sound is loud at first, but as soon as you get used to it, it changes, then it changes again.

Right now it’s hot and a bit quieter than before. I wish I picked up something heavier though.

Zpete1

Extra Hitter
I'm agreeing with everyone else here. I have an older easton that this happened to, performance didn't decline. More of an ascetic thing.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I'm agreeing with everyone else here. I have an older easton that this happened to, performance didn't decline. More of an ascetic thing.

More than aesthetic when an ump checks it and then tosses it. Either way, this shouldn't be happening with .52's.

I think Easton had a good balance of performance, durability, and break-in time with last year's models. This year it seems like they've gone too far to the "hot out of the wrapper" side and abandoned durability altogether.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
More than aesthetic when an ump checks it and then tosses it. Either way, this shouldn't be happening with .52's.

I think Easton had a good balance of performance, durability, and break-in time with last year's models. This year it seems like they've gone too far to the "hot out of the wrapper" side and abandoned durability altogether.
^^^ agreed^^^

Party mafia

You must not be on FB. I have seen this exact crack 2 other times on there. Buddy of mine had that same crack in 20 swings on his ghost. Easton is sending him back a returnable bat for his.
i will getting a ghost from Easton soon, but easton remove one of the barcode on the barrel; it's a warranty return bat; so if my ghost cracks, i am out of luck; It see like the ghost has durability issues like the mike ASA KP23 bat.

Laser15

i will getting a ghost from Easton soon, but easton remove one of the barcode on the barrel; it's a warranty return bat; so if my ghost cracks, i am out of luck; It see like the ghost has durability issues like the mike ASA KP23 bat.
I called easton tomorrow they are sending me back a returnable bat due to the amount of swings they didnt even give me a hard time...

Zpete1

Extra Hitter
My bad, most of the leagues around me just make sure they have an ASA stamp which is an issue in itself. But yes, that would be an issue with tossing it out.

Hope you can get this back in a timely manner.

I called easton tomorrow they are sending me back a returnable bat due to the amount of swings they didnt even give me a hard time...

slacker1

Addicted to Softballfans
I had the small exact thing happen to my Ghost within 50 swings on both sides of the barrel (there is a thread on it with pics I posted on here about 2 months ago) however, neither one has increased in size since then and it has over 500 more swings on it. The bat is webbed up like crazy and the sound has changed a little, but It murders any 300/52 or 275/52 ball we hit in league. I say swing away until it dies

ShortYellowBus

I had the small exact thing happen to my Ghost within 50 swings on both sides of the barrel (there is a thread on it with pics I posted on here about 2 months ago) however, neither one has increased in size since then and it has over 500 more swings on it. The bat is webbed up like crazy and the sound has changed a little, but It murders any 300/52 or 275/52 ball we hit in league. I say swing away until it dies
That’s what I’ve been trying to say.

If you have a receipt, resist any temptation to send it in until the very end!