500+ foot shots

Ballisttic

Star Player
Hello todd i was wondering if you were always able to hit mammoth shots or did you have to work on your swing and workout to get to say 300' than work to 400' than even more work to get to those 500'+++ shots.
what kind of BBS do you have hitting 550' also your bat speeds.

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
Hello todd i was wondering if you were always able to hit mammoth shots or did you have to work on your swing and workout to get to say 300' than work to 400' than even more work to get to those 500'+++ shots.
what kind of BBS do you have hitting 550' also your bat speeds.

I was pretty much able to get 400' since I started. Had to work to get to 500' though. As far as the BBS and bat speed I never measured that out. But would be pretty curious!

Ballisttic

Star Player
Thanks for responding todd. I kinda figured you would say you started out at 400 footers. Myself on the other hand just can barely put 44/375s over a 300' fence. I hope im able to move from 300' to hitting 400' one day even with a jacked up back lol.

I have a swing speed radar and a pocket coach for bbs the pocket coach is awesome.

Ballisttic

Star Player
I hit a new dudly stadium 47/450 377' according to google earth with my 400 swing 27.5 blackout. I could prolly get 400' with a worth 50/650 launch. I normally swing 28s or 30s so i just picked up a new 28.5 blackout off the ebay for $91 and i think ill do better with it.

I know this distance is a swinging bunt for most guys on sbf but im cool with that.

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
600' yet??? we need some more vids imo so quit slacking todd :bigok:

Haha! Not yet! But 600' is a pretty good ways. Everything would have to be perfect. Wind (nothing over 20 mph, too wind aided.) the bat has to be at its best, balls are gonna have to be Ultimate Evils or 650's... Maybe the old Distance stamped ZN's if I can find them. THOSE things flew! I doubt I'm reaching 600' with Stadiums. That 537 shot is about as well as I can hit those things. And that was with a DC41 that was WELL broken in. Plenty of hits on it.

This years DC41 though... lol nasty! It will be interesting hitting some rocks with that thing. Definitely not gonna be a BP bat. Gonna break it out at Boones in a couple days :D

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
So some more vids inc, i hope. :D How many swings do you get out of the dc 41s with stadiums.

Yeah for sure! Next one with a broken in 2015 DC41 or 3000 hit Blackout and 650's. Lol If I don't go over 550 with that combo somethings wrong! Lol

I break in the DC's by hitting off a tee with ZN's at about 70%. That has been a safe route and I get a good 2-300 on them before eventually hitting pitching. Then after just a little pitching BP it's ripe. With this new DC41 though, it seems like MUCH less break in time.

Ballisttic

Star Player
I cant wait to see those shots and as hard as you hit the ball i figured you would get 100 ish swings with a dc 41. I hope you dont have roller coaster ride of hitting like i do. I will go hit one week and feel like im 100% and hit like ****e then next week i feel im under the weather but do very well.

Im glad i cant hit 500'++ because you have to have a team of people to video the feat so that sbf csi keep quiet lol. Shoot you really need it for 400' around here.

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
I cant wait to see those shots and as hard as you hit the ball i figured you would get 100 ish swings with a dc 41. I hope you dont have roller coaster ride of hitting like i do. I will go hit one week and feel like im 100% and hit like ****e then next week i feel im under the weather but do very well.

Im glad i cant hit 500'++ because you have to have a team of people to video the feat so that sbf csi keep quiet lol. Shoot you really need it for 400' around here.

Haha! Yeah I figure if I make a video claiming 537 feet, then I better have video proof and more importantly, record where it lands. i also like the fact that it was a pretty calm day, maybe 7-8 mph wind going out. So nothing wind aided. I don't try and boast about being the main powerhouse in softball or anything. I'd be willing to bet guys like Connell and Kirby could do what I did in that video. It's just something I have fun doing. I know softball isnt a long drive distance contest. But hitting creatures that have insane hang time and disappear into the night is a lot of fun :D

On a side note, I put a $2000 bet on the table to a guy that doesn't believe I use unaltered bats. Told him we'll both drive to Resmondo Sports, buy any Miken or Worth USSSA bat of his choice, yank it out of the wrapper, and I get three 24 ball buckets to go over 5 hundo. (Gotta have a little break in time) He didn't respond. Lol!

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit a new dudly stadium 47/450 377' according to google earth with my 400 swing 27.5 blackout. I could prolly get 400' with a worth 50/650 launch. I normally swing 28s or 30s so i just picked up a new 28.5 blackout off the ebay for $91 and i think ill do better with it.

I know this distance is a swinging bunt for most guys on sbf but im cool with that.

You would definitely get 400' with a Launch 650. 377' is good man. Keep swingin! I notice about a 20-25 foot difference between 650's and Stadium ZN's. But certain bats hit the Stadiums damn near as far as 650's... It varies really. Like last years Ressy Legit I didn't notice that much difference in distance. Maybe hit Launch's 10-15 feet farther. Now the Blackout, I notice a good 20-25 feet. I guess it's the heaviness of the 650's that make that Blackout barrel flex just right.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
My blackout is now webbed up pretty decent. I am hitting about 400 maybe 410' on my best shots. The balls are pretty hard though, thunder zn's and such. I wonder what I would get with launch 650's.

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
My blackout is now webbed up pretty decent. I am hitting about 400 maybe 410' on my best shots. The balls are pretty hard though, thunder zn's and such. I wonder what I would get with launch 650's.

With 650's I'd bet 430' or maybe 440' if your ZN's are going 410'. Webbed up Blackouts and 650's are too much fun. Lol

I haven't hit the Long Haul Bomber Ultimate Evils but I'm sure they'd go good too.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
I know Todds not into it cause I tried to convince him in another thread LOL!!

But for you overlap veterans how much further would he hit going full overlap for a guy hitting 500'...of course given it fit his swing?? I bring up cause he's interested in world record stuff Im not talkin game cuts where he has more then enough power....plus Ive been trying to work it in cause Ive noticed more distance then my 1 finger overlap.

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
I know Todds not into it cause I tried to convince him in another thread LOL!!

But for you overlap veterans how much further would he hit going full overlap for a guy hitting 500'...of course given it fit his swing?? I bring up cause he's interested in world record stuff Im not talkin game cuts where he has more then enough power....plus Ive been trying to work it in cause Ive noticed more distance then my 1 finger overlap.

Yeah man I've had no choice but to go to the one finger overlap. When I did that 537' video, I didn't something to a ligament between the knuckles of my right middle and ring finger. I think maybe the force of the bat lag damaged something in there because ever since that video when I try and use my two finger overlap, it HURTS LIKE HELL. But when I use one finger, I don't feel any pain at all. Strange

During that newspaper thing at Spacecoast stadium, I was hitting with the one finger for the first time. I'm starting to get used to it better now. A lot of wear and tear on that one finger though. Lol Blisters left and right

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
Overlap can be tough. Use full overlap or none at all. Dropping one or two fingers is painful. Full overlap isn't.

Frankly, if you can go 500' with a standard grip I'm not sure I'd worry much about it.

Agreed. One finger seems to put a lot of wear and tear on the thumb and pointer. But maybe my hand just needs to get used to it. I had been using two fingers for 7-8 years up until this weird injury after the 537' video. We'll see... might have to get used to full overlap.

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
On a side note, that L1 I was using in that video has turned into a firestick. Holy sh*t! Thousands of swings on that thing. Not bad for $123.00 on the bay.

Mordo613

Starting Player
On a side note, that L1 I was using in that video has turned into a firestick. Holy sh*t! Thousands of swings on that thing. Not bad for $123.00 on the bay.

Todd! so cool that you chat with us mortals!

Have you ever tried an OG ultra plus an ultimate evil?

You could probably get that ridiculous 600'!

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
Jose Canseco getting reckless on twitter right now after watching these videos....

Haha! Did he see them?! Lol

I can see him calling me out. That would be hilarious. But we would swing only stock and take piss test afterwards. Lol

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
Todd! so cool that you chat with us mortals!

Have you ever tried an OG ultra plus an ultimate evil?

You could probably get that ridiculous 600'!

Of course! I just play the game like everyone else. Lol

I have heard the Evils are about the same. The 650's have about 20-25 feet on the ZN stadiums from what I can tell. But the ZN's are way more durable. Those 650's get tore up quick. Especially when they bounce off concrete.