6'2" 175

durtyshotz

Extra Hitter
im 6'2" 175 and want to know should a guy my size go end loaded for more distance or will i get more power from balanced.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
Your size doesn't matter so much as your swing. Even then, it usually comes down to feel. I'm 6'5" and use a balanced bat, but I know guys my size who swear by endloaded bats.

durtyshotz

Extra Hitter
ok i hear ya on the ?. and yea i feel like i have good bat speed and i didnt want to trade a bunch of bats to find a decent one for me i have this freak max load and dont feel like its the one for me but its my first big purchase on a bat and dont know where to go from here. Its not that its to heavy for this skinny guy i just wondered if the balanced would fit the skinny dudes better. also its lame that my springsteel hits just as far as my maxload freak

House00

Slingin' lead!
you need to swing what feels right for you... unfortunately, we cannot tell you this, you will have to try different bats...

durtyshotz

Extra Hitter
you need to swing what feels right for you... unfortunately, we cannot tell you this, you will have to try different bats...

yea i figured this i was just hoping that a guy my size has already tried every bat and could give me a good ideal what worked best for him.

Benched02

Addicted to Softballfans
Im 6'2 225lbs. Pretty much everything I swing is end loaded. But honestly I don't think it matters.

Last edited:

Benched02

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol..i just read that miss typed the 6. And I have no idea how, it's not even in the same area.

hursong34

Addicted to Softballfans
I am 6'5 245 and I have loved both end loaded and balanced bats....Try swinging a few of each in different weights to see what you like before you purchase anything....It is really going to depend on your swing style and what feels right to you. Eric Davis or Darryl Strawberry both were tall and skinny but had incredible bat speed and I am sure used different weighted bats with different balance points....

Steve Butler

Addicted to Softballfans
im 6'2" 175 and want to know should a guy my size go end loaded for more distance or will i get more power from balanced.

Obagain has preached this on here. Get your lightest bat and add some lead tape to the end cap or use some duct tape or what ever and try adding .5oz and c how you hit the ball.

easy way to tell if you will hit a endloaded bat better:)

House00

Slingin' lead!
yea i figured this i was just hoping that a guy my size has already tried every bat and could give me a good ideal what worked best for him.

i hear ya... its hard to say too, with each bat brand's EL and balance point varying from the other... good luck

durtyshotz

Extra Hitter
Obagain has preached this on here. Get your lightest bat and add some lead tape to the end cap or use some duct tape or what ever and try adding .5oz and c how you hit the ball.

easy way to tell if you will hit a endloaded bat better:)

thats the first time ive heard this but its not a bad ideal