A few questions about the upcoming April Pro504-6.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
This PRORV23 is the 1st run of Horween from DM. The SBF Horween is tops in my opinion versus the Small Batch and other offerings.

Man I love the Horween leather on both my SBF KB17 and my new 504, but I definitely like the leather more on my 2013-14 DM Pro12TC!

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
The horween list for me from what I’ve seen is
1) 2013 dms Rawlings/Pro Flare
2) Small Batch
3) Current Sbf run
4) Current Dms run
Way down the list is Jap tan.

MaverickAH

This PRORV23 is the 1st run of Horween from DM. The SBF Horween is tops in my opinion versus the Small Batch and other offerings.

Do you have a Small Batch? More importantly, do you have a horween Small Batch? Not all Small Batch gloves are made from horween………

Committed

I have almost all of the Horween Easton Small Batch gloves. The only ones I didn’t get were the 12” and smaller versions.

MaverickAH

Interesting...….

From what I've read & can gather, most opinions run more towards huntaholic21's.

I don't own any of the Rawlings variety & can offer no comparison opinion. Maybe I'll take steps to correct that...…...

NYC

Swag on 100.
Does the 504 have a padded thumb loop? Because the PRO6HF does not, and I love it.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I’m going to go out on a limb here, if I would have listened to Rous 5 years ago and bought a Pro504.......I would have saved myself a ton of cash! I finally used it tonight!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
is the horween 504 and dm pro1000 horween leather have similar feel?
I don’t want to answer you wrong, it could just be my imagination but I think the Pro1000 felt just slightly drier. It also has a paler tan color than the Pro504.

But overall, they’re pretty close, hope that answered your question?

NYC

Swag on 100.
I don’t want to answer you wrong, it could just be my imagination but I think the Pro1000 felt just slightly drier. It also has a paler tan color than the Pro504.

But overall, they’re pretty close, hope that answered your question?
Probably just differs from batch to batch.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I prefer Wilson's. The Rawlings one feels like pleather.
I do prefer Wilson's design. I'm not sure about all the Rawlings models, but my recent custom still has a leather thumb loop under the padded thumb loop. I suppose if it really bothered you, you could potentially cut it out. I'd never do that personally, but to each his/her own.

If I was to pick a favorite thumb loop design overall, I'd go with the Japanese style thumb loop that goes under the palm lining. You don't feel the loop at all with that design.