A guy at the field told me that ALL Virus lines are illegal in all leagues...

LSU_MJL

WHO DAT!!!
My bro in law went to swing his Virus Enhanced and the third baseman started saying that it was illegal. He went on to say ALL Virus bats are illegal in every league save Senior and Outlaw. I have never heard this before and didn't think this could be right.

So ARE all Virus' illegal and if so, since when?

Kurs76

Livin' the Dream
Somebody should have punched him in the face....IJS when dumb people talk we all get a little closer to becoming Alan from The Hangover... I have used OGGV, OG virus and BBGV in a World tourney last year! I bet this guy is literally to stupid to insult!

LSU_MJL

WHO DAT!!!
I would have asked him for proof.... cuz there is none....

I told him he was incorrect and that I'd look it up when I got home b/c I'd never heard of such a thing.

I also threw in how none of our Virus' were any hotter than the shaved bats 90% of the people in that park swing.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I have heard of some leagues out in Cali only allowing the Virus Plague but never anything about every virus being banned. I don't understand how they let the Virus Plague in but nothing else, one of the hottest Combats they make.

WolfPack52

Addicted to Softballfans
That tool was probably thinking the ban on the lady virus was for all viruses. He's an idiot.

LSU_MJL

WHO DAT!!!
That tool was probably thinking the ban on the lady virus was for all viruses. He's an idiot.

I even mentioned that. I said "The Lady Virus is banned in all leagues but there's nothing wrong with the others."

He swore up and down all Virus' are illegal. I asked since when he said for 4-5 years LMAO. I said that I knew for a fact that wasn't right but I'd double-check just to prove him wrong.

I was thinking maybe he was just referring to our leauge until he said ALL LEAGUES. At any rate, we will continue to swing our Virus'

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
I even mentioned that. I said "The Lady Virus is banned in all leagues but there's nothing wrong with the others."

He swore up and down all Virus' are illegal. I asked since when he said for 4-5 years LMAO. I said that I knew for a fact that wasn't right but I'd double-check just to prove him wrong.

I was thinking maybe he was just referring to our leauge until he said ALL LEAGUES. At any rate, we will continue to swing our Virus'

Tell him to put his money where his mouth is. Bet him one of his bats vs 3 of yours that you can name 3 versions of the Virus line that are legal in all utrip leagues that go by the current utrip approved list. Should be easy enough....AV, Morphed, Virus, Enhanced, PM Virus, BBGV, OGGV, OGSB, SBRI...

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
JMac
VFP
Morphed FP

and the list goes on and on...

well not really but it felt like the right thing to say :D

n8ss03

I have no problem asking someone if he wanted to be proved stupid or just thought that way in instances like this. call him out. :D

Homey12

facemask
I told him he was incorrect and that I'd look it up when I got home b/c I'd never heard of such a thing.

I also threw in how none of our Virus' were any hotter than the shaved bats 90% of the people in that park swing.

you must be at johnson park.

cb420

Addicted to Softballfans
I hear dumb things about combat all the time.Half the people I run into think they only make 11 inch barrels and the other half think they only make no returns.Once they find out the truth and swing one they never look back

ehudmh

Left-Handed Assassin
I've got two converts around here. A Worth guy who I let swing my broken in Spike, and a guy who swung my Combatant one round of BP and then promptly bought my backup off of me. The crusade continues...

Bat guy in league is usually speaking from ignorance anyway, and this is no exception.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a friend that says "I can't swing Combats they're too soft and I swing too hard. I feel like I'd break it in 100 swings"

Problems with this;
- I bought the first Combat I ever owned.... From HIM!
- He will openly say the OGGV he had is the hottest bat he's ever owned.
- The furthest ball he has ever hit was with an OGGS.

But he continually bashes them.. I don't get it.

LSU_MJL

WHO DAT!!!
Better send it to me then :D

:p

Beat all to hell but it doesn't appear to be on the way out any time soon! I just get so excited when I see a pitch coming that I my eyes get big and I uppercut swing way too early :eek: I have to tell myself "just let this beast do the work...nice level swing". OOPS!

I'd say it's the hottest bat I own.

whogotz

dilligaf?
this is hysterical. i've had someone yell out that my og av was not ASA legal. I asked for time and ask the ump if the guy was serious or just trying to mess with me.

why do people open their mouths without thinking?!?!?! or even have proof that they're right?

LSU_MJL

WHO DAT!!!
UPDATE:

FYI - we play ASA rules but are allowed UTRIP bats. .40 cor balls.

Anyway, approached guy that told me Virus' were illegal and told him he was in fact wrong. He said they are all banned on the ASA list. I told him we don't use the ASA list. He agreed:confused:

Anyway, he went on to say the only ASA bat he has is a Synergy 2 LMAO

I told him a Synergy 2 hasn't been ASA legal for at least 4 years lol.

Long story short, he's not going to actually call us out for out bats b/c he knows his squad swings nothing but shaved sticks. He just wanted to make us aware they were illegal LMAO LMAO LMAO.

Man I love softball