Alabama roll call

zaner1010

Addicted to Softballfans
Just wanted to let you guys know that I am now an Elite dealer. Check out our Facebook page in the link below. I have posted an album of all in-stock items and I am awaiting another shipment. We are also doing custom uniforms for all childrens and adult sports. If there is anything I don't have that you want let me know and I will get it for you.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/AlabamaEliteSportswear

ktkline

Star Player
What's goin on guys? I can't find any Alabama threads other than this one and it seems pretty inactive but f it.. My name is Todd Kline. I am from the Mobile area. I've only been around for a few years but I played with Basic and The Wood for 2 1/2 years. The second half of last year I played with a few different teams to finish the year. Now I run New Era. We will be a C/D team next year and should be pretty solid. I noticed earlier in the thread that people were complaining about teams playing D and E but unless you want to travel 4 hours every weekend you play that's what you have to do in this area. We will be plenty good enough to pay C but don't want to travel like that. It's a shame how down softball is in our area..

ktkline

Star Player
Not a whole lot man. Is this the only forum Alabama guys use these days? I know of SS but even it is dead now. I hate to say it but I think softball is on its way out. We have faaar less teams down here now than when I started playing about 5 years ago. It is unbelievable. The sad thing is I know a lot of guys that want to play but there just aren't any teams out there. I think tourney directors got greedy and started charging too much and people just can't afford it anymore. How is it where you are?

zaner1010

Addicted to Softballfans
What's goin on guys? I can't find any Alabama threads other than this one and it seems pretty inactive but f it.. My name is Todd Kline. I am from the Mobile area. I've only been around for a few years but I played with Basic and The Wood for 2 1/2 years. The second half of last year I played with a few different teams to finish the year. Now I run New Era. We will be a C/D team next year and should be pretty solid. I noticed earlier in the thread that people were complaining about teams playing D and E but unless you want to travel 4 hours every weekend you play that's what you have to do in this area. We will be plenty good enough to pay C but don't want to travel like that. It's a shame how down softball is in our area..

I agree with everything you have said. But I do also believe that if teams would sanction where they are suppose to be then some of these local tournies could actually have a C class. Then we wouldn't have to travel as far to find a tournament with a C class.

2kap

Addicted to Softballfans
Lagoon Park has put out the new guidelines for the 2013 year. They're changing the balls from .44/375 to .52/300.

DRock88

What's the problem here?
You guys should post in the Louisiana thread that we have. We can make it more of a Southeast thread. Or, we can make a thread like that.

I'm not sure if ya'll are familiar with these teams but me and another guy from Nola Elite are on there, we have a few from Kajun Cartel, and a few other guys from various teams. We (Nola Elite) have traveled across the coast quite a bit the last few years so I'm sure we've run into a few of you before.

What up, Todd?

Darrin
Nola Elite 88

condor515

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys, I see some of you are close to where I'm at. I just moved down from upstate NY and I'm looking for a modified/fast pitch league. You guys know of any around?? That's all I played in NY. Played in a U-trip tournament down here but I'm not a fan lol. Any info you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

rejones28

Phat Daddy!
Hey guys, I see some of you are close to where I'm at. I just moved down from upstate NY and I'm looking for a modified/fast pitch league. You guys know of any around?? That's all I played in NY. Played in a U-trip tournament down here but I'm not a fan lol. Any info you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

I don't know of any modified/fastpitch leagues around here but almost everybody around these parts play slowpitch. You played with me (Eric) in that u-trip tourney on the big field and almost all the other tournaments will be on the fields that we took bp on that morning. You need to give it another try when the new season starts back up in a couple of months.

condor515

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd probably give it another shot but not that u-trip stuff lol. And as you could probably tell, I haven't played outfield since high school haha.

Holland_Boy15

Addicted to Softballfans
Finding a team around here is near impossible.

Bham area. Looking for a team right now. Use to play a lot down in mobile/daphne area.

Guess people don't get on serious softball right now. I'm new to bham area and want to join a tournament team in the area. Play mostly outfield but can play anywhere. Have good speed, strong arm, and good bat. Use to playing three man outfield. I can play pretty much any weekend. Won't flake out. Prefer D class. Ready to play ASAP. Trying to get on a team before people start ordering jerseys

Text (205) 876-4640

Rega17

'MERICA
I know what you mean.. I'm still looking for a local tourney team. Only luck I've had is a team down near the Dothan area.
I play plenty of league ball in alabaster and Hoover so let me know if you wanna jump in and play.

Roundin3rd

@ISPSO
Bham area. Looking for a team right now. Use to play a lot down in mobile/daphne area.

Guess people don't get on serious softball right now. I'm new to bham area and want to join a tournament team in the area. Play mostly outfield but can play anywhere. Have good speed, strong arm, and good bat. Use to playing three man outfield. I can play pretty much any weekend. Won't flake out. Prefer D class. Ready to play ASAP. Trying to get on a team before people start ordering jerseys

Text (205) 876-4640

I know what you mean.. I'm still looking for a local tourney team. Only luck I've had is a team down near the Dothan area.
I play plenty of league ball in alabaster and Hoover so let me know if you wanna jump in and play.

Guys if you need some help finding a team, let ISPS help you!

Visit our website and register as a new Free Agent. We a have Tournament Free Agent Package for just $30 that will help you get on a Tournament team for one event to "test the waters".

And we also have a league Free Agent package for $75 which will help you find a league team.

Both packages are money-back guaranteed and the majority of the free agent fee goes to the team that picks you up....so it's a win-win for both parties.

We will be starting in Alabama in May so hurry and get picked up now!

Go to our website for more info..... www.internationalslowpitchsoftball.com

And have a Happy New Year!!!

Dirtbags79

Addicted to Softballfans
You guys should post in the Louisiana thread that we have. We can make it more of a Southeast thread. Or, we can make a thread like that.

I'm not sure if ya'll are familiar with these teams but me and another guy from Nola Elite are on there, we have a few from Kajun Cartel, and a few other guys from various teams. We (Nola Elite) have traveled across the coast quite a bit the last few years so I'm sure we've run into a few of you before.

What up, Todd?

Darrin
Nola Elite 88

I think that wld work DROCK88, lets make a southeast thread...

ehudmh

Left-Handed Assassin
Is there any info on rules for ISPS anywhere? I looked on the website and couldn't find anything. I may be interested in getting a team into the tourney at the Sportsplex here in Hsv.

just me

Addicted to Softballfans
toxey, bout time to get out of them woods buddy. I told trent that you would be in on the 2nd because hunting season would be over,lol. then you posted on the board that you you would play! lol

dorsete

Addicted to Softballfans
toxey, bout time to get out of them woods buddy. I told trent that you would be in on the 2nd because hunting season would be over,lol. then you posted on the board that you you would play! lol

haha.. yeah I'm down for every weekend once hunting season finishes!

Roundin3rd

@ISPSO
From the front porch of our ISPS Alabama State Director Joey Schulte's home.....
Not yet Softball Weather in Alabama! #itscold #slowpitch #wewantsoftball @ISPSO

537127_311451335641209_226477219_n.jpg

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
lol, ain't nothing but a little dusting yall got, shut the state down. betcha you can't find a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread at winn dixie/piggly wiggly/publix, or whichever grocery store you shop at

Roundin3rd

@ISPSO
ISPS Alabama - Opening Day Tournament
Saturday, Feb 9, 2013 • Heritage Park
Tournament (Event)
Description
PLEASE MAKE NOTE!!!

THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CHANGED TO HERITAGE PARK CULLMAN, ALABAMA on FEB 9TH!!!!!

FOR MORE INFO CONTACT OUR MAIN OFFICE @ 786-245-3243

2013ALABAMA_OPENINGDAY.jpg