All about the long ball

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm glad I'm not the only one so old as to have hit their first HR with a singlewall.

Same here, but there aren't many of us. What really surprised me is the lack of people that swung an OG Ultra to hit their longest HR

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
First- m7598
Longest- first batch scx2. Legit 400 ft wind aided.
Most- 5000 swing OG Psycho. My favorite bat ever.
Last- j3a

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
how do you guys remember this stuff?

Easy for me, C-Core was first bat I owned, OG Ultra first batch was only ball I hit where it was still going up when it cleared the lights, OG Freak first batch and SCN8 are the only bats that lasted more than 3 seasons, and SCN8 is only bat I swing now

LoveyPSU

Sorry, wrong trajectory
First HR: whatever that no-graphics, 38oz thing is below (left of the metal Easton)
MetalGroup.jpg

Longest HR: OG Ultra...easily

Most HRs: OG Extended

Last HR: 27oz VFP

MN03

Addicted to Softballfans
Here it is guys:

Bat hit first HR with?

Bat hit longest HR with?

Bat you hit most HR's with?

Bat you hit last HR with?

Go!

First - OG May98 27 oz

Longest - Demarini Juice 26 oz

Most - Blackout FSE Red and Black 27.5 oz

Last HR - Blackout FSE Red and Black 27.5 oz

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
how do you guys remember this stuff?

I guessed on the most and longest, but those were when I was less fat and hitting 44/525s in KY with the benefit of actual cool weather so it's a pretty safe bet.

My actual longest in bp was down down here, but there was about a 30 mph tail wind and it was around 40 degrees out.

huzzdog

retired
i really don't have a clue.. if i had to guess i probably hit one with a carl rose or a worth supercell. the longest... how the hell anybody would know that is beyond me.. i did hit one in the stadium in disney last year that was a good one. the most.. cmon really? last is easy.. 2014 utrip helmer ( i don't know model numbers)

Jroby9

The Kid
Bat hit first HR with? Miken MXB Maxload

Bat hit longest HR with? Jeff Hall Legit

Bat you hit most HR's with? OG Bal Z2000

Bat you hit last HR with? Jeff Hall Legit

j-bomber55

Addicted to Softballfans
First homerun in softball: demarini evo
longest shot with: Og miken psycho supermax/ demarini senior the one
Most homeruns: Og miken psycho supermax
Last homer: miken ultra 750x maxload

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
Here it is guys:

Bat hit first HR with?

Bat hit longest HR with?

Go!

Bat hit first HR with? OG Miken Ultra II

Bat hit longest HR with? OG Miken Ultra I

Bat you hit most HR's with? OG Miken Psycho

Bat you hit last HR with? OG Miken Recoil

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
i really don't have a clue.. if i had to guess i probably hit one with a carl rose or a worth supercell. the longest... how the hell anybody would know that is beyond me.. i did hit one in the stadium in disney last year that was a good one. the most.. cmon really? last is easy.. 2014 utrip helmer ( i don't know model numbers)

Honestly the most comes at a guess for most everyone. Most everyone can remember there longest and where they hit it at.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly the most comes at a guess for most everyone. Most everyone can remember there longest and where they hit it at.

That's easy for you to say since your first and longest and last are all the same one. :D

PPC#12

Manager
Same here, but there aren't many of us. What really surprised me is the lack of people that swung an OG Ultra to hit their longest HR

I was thinking the same thing for minute. But, the majority of people probably aren't old enough to be swinging the ultras in games... I'm not even close.

Funny though cause you can probably ball park peoples ages based on what bats they've listed for what in here.

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
first...Easton Black Magic
longest...Tennessee Thumper
most...Tennessee Thumper
last...OG Flipper
Yes, I'm old.

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
I was thinking the same thing for minute. But, the majority of people probably aren't old enough to be swinging the ultras in games... I'm not even close.

Funny though cause you can probably ball park peoples ages based on what bats they've listed for what in here.

i swung one my first season but we would just hit pop ups to get them out. i didn't learn to really hit until after they were gone.

baldgriff

Lead Oompah Loompah....
Here it is guys:

Bat hit first HR with?

Bat hit longest HR with?

Go!

1 - Easton Smoke back in the mid 80's
2 - Mizuno Frenzy II Extreme (red/white)
3 - Not sure
4 - Miken NRG 600