All BBJ wants for Christmas is his two front teeth...

beernbombs

Abby's dad
Sandbagging is whatever. That's a whole other deal. But the coed scene is rough everywhere. I think the frat boys and baseball washouts just make it worse. There are some players down there that have a lot of potential, but they act like idiots and you can just tell that they refuse to do otherwise.

These are the guys I hate. They get on teams with whiny ass clowns and become ass clowns themselves. Every close play should have gone their way or you screwed them and now owe them a call.

I play coed and these two observations are spot on. The college boys really don't seem to have a clue. They argue calls all the time and I have seen them take out defenders (girls/guys-doesn't matter) trying to break up plays. Lots of throwing behind the runners too. Don't get me started on the sand bagging too. That's common at all levels though.

College kids do tend to be clueless, but I've had more problems with the baseball wannabes. Ones who may have played high school ball, but weren't very good. Now, they're slowpitch rec ball gods. C league is the highest they've ever played and C league is full of chumps. They don't even realize they're playing at near basement level competition.

With regards to throwing behind the runner- if, as a runner, you're taking wide turns looking for a off line throw or missed cut off, then don't complain about a throw behind you.

mattroush22

Addicted to Softballfans
These are the guys I hate. They get on teams with whiny ass clowns and become ass clowns themselves. Every close play should have gone their way or you screwed them and now owe them a call.

College kids do tend to be clueless, but I've had more problems with the baseball wannabes. Ones who may have played high school ball, but weren't very good. Now, they're slowpitch rec ball gods. C league is the highest they've ever played and C league is full of chumps. They don't even realize they're playing at near basement level competition.

With regards to throwing behind the runner- if, as a runner, you're taking wide turns looking for a off line throw or missed cut off, then don't complain about a throw behind you.

The only thing I will say is that I hate being thrown behind. I don't like the play in general. In more cases someone is going to get hurt than you're going to make a good play.

If we're talking about a tournament with big reward and quality players, that's one thing, but rec league has no room for that kinda stuff. The potential for injury is much higher than the potential for an out. And this is the fat guy who gets to the base and stops. Nothing wide here except my @$$.

Hoodrats84

HRO Hero
Co-ed is always gonna be worse. Mens you have guys showing out for guys Co-ed there are a lot more chicks to impress with your douchbagerry

I wear cutoffs, bat flip, boo whoop, slide hard, throw at everything and dance on the bases in coed. Too bad all the women on my team were lesbians and unimpressed. :(

AmishFusion

Addicted to Softballfans
If you don't have any plans.. you need to come play the haybale in KC... Best tournament of the year girl balls and unlimited bombs... Lol

Park Hills looked at doing an unlimited tournament with 11" balls but couldn't get the insurance for it. I hope they have a pitching screen because no pitcher on this Earth is getting out of the way of an accidental middle shot in time.

joker47

Addicted to Softballfans
Park Hills looked at doing an unlimited tournament with 11" balls but couldn't get the insurance for it. I hope they have a pitching screen because no pitcher on this Earth is getting out of the way of an accidental middle shot in time.

I think they use hay bales.. Or at least they used to. Hence the name

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
hqdefault.jpg

AmishFusion

Addicted to Softballfans

yes we use haybales. Good time and a lot of the the resmondo guys fly into play. the one time we usually get all the upper guys around at one place mixed in with the rest of us average guys...lol