All BBJ wants for Christmas is his two front teeth...

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Need an OF? I'll start driving now. ;)

ND finally went to mandatory bumps this year. So the teams will start filtering upwards where they should be. ND has been underclassed as a whole compared to surrounding states for awhile now.
Yeah, hell we can add as many C players as we want. Last I heard Jones Law had 3 C+ players that are magically allowed to play D now.

You've been underclassed because the last 10 state tournaments have been snowed out :D
For those who might have missed it....

First, let me sincerely thank you for choosing to participate in the Missouri ASA 2015 men’s state tournament. The brackets are all posted on our web site, go to this link: http://www.asasoftballmissouri.org/adult-state-tournaments.html to get your bracket.

Second, most basic tournament information is on the HOME PAGE, so be sure to take a look there. www.asasoftballmissouri.org The list of Tournament Directors and their contact information is also there.

Finally, I wanted to address the changes to our classification system which have caused some ill feelings among the players. Effective this year, top teams in D will not be reclassified to C as a team, but rather as individual players. D players will be reclassed to D+ and D+ players will be reclassed to C. The number of teams will be determined by the number of teams in the tournament, input from the tournament director, and input from me. Our Board of Directors felt it unfair to move an entire D team to C, when it could be a number of those players were legitimate D players, even lower D players. Additionally, we are working to place ALL players on all rosters in the classification system. Over the last 20 days, more than 500 players have been added to the state classification list.

To invoke our prior reclass rules in 2015 with the newer rules approved would have been confusing and unfair. To keep last year’s reclass rule for this year and then add so many new players would prove to be unfair to some. Therefore my decision was to reclass no one in 2015 (as to move up classification rules of the past) which allows some top teams in 2014 to play again in their same classification. HOWEVER, remember that those teams have altered their roster in most cases to meet the requirements of class D. Some do not like this decision on my part, but I am convinced in the long run it will make the C/D program fairer and more closely related to what happens at the national level (national tournaments). I have talked to probably 1/3 of the managers about this, but I wanted to restate the FACTS here.

I do have one request for each of you. If you have players that want to complain and whine about this situation, PLEASE talk to them. Be upset with ME, but do not let it carry over into the weekend. The decision have been made. It is unfair for unsportsmanship behavior to occur over this while at state. The state tournament directors are working HARD for you and did not make this decision. PLEASE put this issue behind you prior to Saturday morning.

Again, I understand some of you do not agree with this decision for this year, but I ask that you respect my decisions, MAN UP, and go have a great tournament.

Thank you for your time and have a great weekend.

Joey Rich

Missouri ASA State Commissioner
Blah blah blah, I made a terrible mistake and everyone is mad at me. So let me aimlessly babble to make myself sound better and tell these guys it's gonna be okay. I just hope they don't argue with me tomorrow while I pass all of these senior bats because they "pass compression"
LOL, Missouri.

You guys must have a lot of talent scouts out evaluating everyone if you're able to rate players individually.

When teams win, it's generally because they're better than their competition. Whether they are all "C players" or not, is irrelevant. The TEAM is a sum of all their parts, not a byproduct of individual talent. It's a team game there fella.

Just auto bump the top 10-15% of State finishers, then use the teams' placement in the 2-3 biggest tournaments to decide the borderline teams. Bam, done. You're welcome.
I have never had a complaint until this year. I do remember there was this one team a few years ago playing E that had some team name that referred to busting a slump or something like that. They ended up taking 2nd though. They didn't tie their sandbags tight enough and they started leaking. :D
I've always found that telling players to MAN UP on a softball board is the most effective way for a commissioner to inspire players to play the game. Good job
He's a true professional. It inspired me to not say something to him the first time I see him tomorrow.

Not......... :D
I also thought this was rather elementary of him.... Made me lol tho, so there's that.
Elementary is a compliment for what I think of that.

Whoo whee! Jesse, you're getting me all fired up with your feistiness! Almost wish we could have bagged down to E to be at Rolla tomorrow instead of Cape. ;)

13 posts and you're already stirring ****. Real smooth.

58129448.jpg

Speaking of ASA... I was supposed to be sent a rulebook (Couldn't find a complete one online) but I have yet to receive it. Any special rules I need to know about it?

Obviously there's the stealing thing.
Can only bat 11, I believe.
What's the HR Rule for D?

Tip8

Hits BOMBS in League
Well I just got my appeal denied lol. Never won state but can't drop t o D. But Garage can win it and all the guys can play D Again. Diff makes sense

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
That was an email sent by him to the coaches this weekend.. I am not him. Just to clear up any possible confusion. lol

Lies.

Yeah, hell we can add as many C players as we want. Last I heard Jones Law had 3 C+ players that are magically allowed to play D now.

It's not magic, it's softball.

You've been underclassed because the last 10 state tournaments have been snowed out :D

You hush up! :cool:

13 posts and you're already stirring ****. Real smooth.

Introduce him to the OSPB.

2 and outs

Lame. D should be 4.

Well I just got my appeal denied lol. Never won state but can't drop t o D. But Garage can win it and all the guys can play D Again. Diff makes sense

LOL. Missouri sucks.

Randolph31

Addicted to Softballfans
I had this argument with a few players on an opposing coed team several years ago. Pretty aggressive base runners, they would round every bag hard waiting for the throw in to me(pitcher) to be misplayed or overthrown. I would often throw behind them. If you don't want a ball thrown towards you, get your ass on the bag.

It more annoys me when people throw at you when you're like 2 steps off the bag. Unless you have some sorta Inspector Gadget rocket launcher up your sleeve there's no way you're throwing someone out 2 steps off of the bag when you're still in the grass. That's how people get hurt.
Remember that time I threw out Tony at third and then he got tossed from that coed game Jason?
D++++++++

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Speaking of ASA... I was supposed to be sent a rulebook (Couldn't find a complete one online) but I have yet to receive it. Any special rules I need to know about it?

Obviously there's the stealing thing.
Can only bat 11, I believe.
What's the HR Rule for D?
No pinch runners to my knowledge. They have to be a substitution into the game in order to run for someone.
You registered as C+?
Lies.

It's not magic, it's softball.

You hush up! :cool:

Introduce him to the OSPB.

Lame. D should be 4.

LOL. Missouri sucks.
All I read here was blah blah blah.
Remember that time I threw out Tony at third and then he got tossed from that coed game Jason?

Do tell.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
No pinch runners to my knowledge. They have to be a substitution into the game in order to run for someone.

We use a pinch runner in ND ASA, but I don't remember if that's a national, or a state rule. At Nationals there is stealing (which is an ASA rule), but I can't remember if we were allowed the 1 courtesy runner per inning, or not.

beernbombs

Abby's dad
We use a pinch runner in ND ASA, but I don't remember if that's a national, or a state rule. At Nationals there is stealing (which is an ASA rule), but I can't remember if we were allowed the 1 courtesy runner per inning, or not.

That is a state rule exception. It doesn't make sense to me why state directors are allowed to change rules for a championship event. Missouri's director uses that special bat list which lets you use just about any bat. I think there are like 15 bats you can't use. Teams get to nationals and have to play by different rules or with different bats. I wouldn't be surprised if some states still use the 44 cor ball.

And the player ratings are a joke in MO. Idk if they're getting better at it, but 2 years ago the D champ got a call from nationals director telling them that if they show up, they'll be DQed for illegal roster. This was 4 days before the tourney started. State director had approved each player on the roster.

Last time I played in a state tourney the team that won D had over half their guys from the team that won B just two years earlier.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
That is a state rule exception. It doesn't make sense to me why state directors are allowed to change rules for a championship event. Missouri's director uses that special bat list which lets you use just about any bat. I think there are like 15 bats you can't use. Teams get to nationals and have to play by different rules or with different bats. I wouldn't be surprised if some states still use the 44 cor ball.

Ah, thanks. I couldn't remember. And yes, that's one of my biggest gripes. I wish all leagues/tournaments/etc would just follow the tried and true ASA rules. No need to be changing things. The rules are already there.

Last time I played in a state tourney the team that won D had over half their guys from the team that won B just two years earlier.

Wow. That's insane.

Randolph31

Addicted to Softballfans

We had a throw come in from the outfield. I was pitching so I cut it off. Tony rounded the bag and was about 3 hard steps off of third base. I threw it to Tyler(our third basemen) and he slapped the tag on. Umpire called him out. Tony wasn't happy. He chirped all the way to the dugout. Once he got in he kept going. Umpire said "you're gone." First time I ever saw someone get tossed in a coed game. It was something.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans

And the player ratings are a joke in MO. Idk if they're getting better at it, but 2 years ago the D champ got a call from nationals director telling them that if they show up, they'll be DQed for illegal roster. This was 4 days before the tourney started. State director had approved each player on the roster.

Harman said when he went to nationals last year that they still used a 44 COR ball. I like the any bat rule, personally. Player ratings are a joke as well. There was more than a few C+ players at the park this weekend. Figure that one out.
We had a throw come in from the outfield. I was pitching so I cut it off. Tony rounded the bag and was about 3 hard steps off of third base. I threw it to Tyler(our third basemen) and he slapped the tag on. Umpire called him out. Tony wasn't happy. He chirped all the way to the dugout. Once he got in he kept going. Umpire said "you're gone." First time I ever saw someone get tossed in a coed game. It was something.

Haha!!! Epic!

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
There was a guy yesterday that was following the umpire around after the game eating his ass for making ONE bad call. One. He followed him from the field to the concession stand yelling the whole time. I'm not sure what that accomplishes. I'm glad I don't have any players that act like that.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I had someone else test mine. I don't know if anyone had anything fail or not. I know my asa legit and Tony's usssa both were on the line of failing. They didn't test your old one. I got it from Damian and took it up there and the director looked it over, asked me if it was "hot", and the slapped a sticker on it.

Randolph31

Addicted to Softballfans
I didn't see anyone have one tossed. The constant theme was that the Demarini's were all on the line. Aftermath, J3. Didn't matter.

Schwarzy

On Wisconsin!
Should close on the new house the end of August (west side of Columbia). If anyone needs a sub in September, message me.

beernbombs

Abby's dad
Harman said when he went to nationals last year that they still used a 44 COR ball. I like the any bat rule, personally. Player ratings are a joke as well. There was more than a few C+ players at the park this weekend. Figure that one out.

Haha!!! Epic!

I'm certain that the 52 is in it's third or fourth year at nationals.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I didn't see anyone have one tossed. The constant theme was that the Demarini's were all on the line. Aftermath, J3. Didn't matter.
Because they're the hottest bats ever bro!
Should close on the new house the end of August (west side of Columbia). If anyone needs a sub in September, message me.
For sure!
I'm certain that the 52 is in it's third or fourth year at nationals.

That's what I figured too. But of all people I'd take Chris Harman's information to be reliable.

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
Garage sucks... Told you we don't sandbag... And we had 6 bats fail...

Losing to 2 C teams isn't nothing to be upset about.

I watched the guy in front of me have 2 DC41's that didn't pass compression.

He tested my Legit twice before it passed compression.

Tip8

Hits BOMBS in League
Losing to 2 C teams isn't nothing to be upset about.

I watched the guy in front of me have 2 DC41's that didn't pass compression.

He tested my Legit twice before it passed compression.

C team losing to a C team lol

So the teams that won it can play again next year correct?