All BBJ wants for Christmas is his two front teeth...

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
C team losing to a C team lol

So the teams that won it can play again next year correct?
I'm glad you caught that Tip. :)

As for teams winning it, I'd guess that based upon last year the teams that won the tournament will be D+ therefore allowed to play D again.

Unless 618 won D South again then they would be bumped to C.
D+++++++++++++
Doubt it. They won't have anyone rated unless they tie for state and win by a coin flip. :D

doublebagel

Manager

As for teams winning it, I'd guess that based upon last year the teams that won the tournament will be D+ therefore allowed to play D again.

Doubt it. They won't have anyone rated unless they tie for state and win by a coin flip. :D

Nope, they got 4th.

I asked about them because they beat my team in 2013 at ASA E and then won ASA D in 2014.........apparently their roster was and I quote "not quite the same but approved"

AmishFusion

Addicted to Softballfans
Try being up 10 going to the bottom of the 7 and losing by 1... Lol... And losing the second game because of a couple bad calls and the umpire not knowing the rules.. Lol

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
If I forgot how bad ASA umpires were before last weekend.. I surely was reminded of that fact this past weekend.

doublebagel

Manager
If I forgot how bad ASA umpires were before last weekend.. I surely was reminded of that fact this past weekend.

I didn't think the umps in cape were bad but they clearly didn't know the height limit, Tripp kept getting his high pitches called illegal. I was sitting there thinking "thats a strike in my ASA league", it seems everyone likes to call utrip. I even called the ump out on it in our last game.

The most irritating thing was that the umps would not stand directly behind the plate, they were so far off to the side that they would call strikes on balls that almost hit the toes of the right handed batter........from a right handed pitcher there is almost no way it could have crossed.

Almost forgot, the first game we were watching the ump said it was a 0-0 count in ASA D........... lol I didn't want to make a fuss bc we had him next but it was corrected after that game got to the 3rd inning. Those first 2 took FOREVER lol.

beernbombs

Abby's dad

As I read it- Teams do not get classified as a whole. D+ players on a team that finishes in the top 10% of D would be reclassified as C. D players on that team move to D+.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
What I want to know is how there were a bunch of C+ players at the park this weekend and tip gets told he can't play

beernbombs

Abby's dad
I umped at Rainbow tonight. 4 games of men's D. 10-5, 8-7, 10-7 and 5-4. All games went at least 7 innings and lasted less than an hour. 4th game went 8 innings and was 50 minutes. I love it when players come up to the plate swinging, but they could at least try to get a hit. Top of the 8th in the last game was a 4 pitch inning.

beernbombs

Abby's dad
Now if I could only get some games with no close plays. Like all fly balls and out by 3 steps groundballs. Get myself a folding chair and a lemonade and ump from a nice shady spot.

Schwarzy

On Wisconsin!
Any of you guys on Facebook? I'm going to start a Missouri softball message board (group). Message me if you'd like to be added or possibly made an admin. Thanks

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Any of you guys on Facebook? I'm going to start a Missouri softball message board (group). Message me if you'd like to be added or possibly made an admin. Thanks

I'm in. And yes, I'll be an admin.

My first order of business is to invite #ClassicJustin to be my co-admin.