Anderson Huers General Discussion: The Sequel

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
My RocketFlex still has the wrapper on it, as there's still snow on the ground here. My leagues start next week, and I haven't thrown a ball or swung a bat since essentially September.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Dan, if you think this girl is that important to you then you need to be honest with each other. Figure out how your relationship is going to work, you need to be more open and it sounds like she needs to make some friends in this new area or at least keep in touch with the ones she had before. A girl always needs to talk to other girls to feel grounded. Sometimes you may just need to be a listener and let her talk and talk and talk. Just be there for her and be supportive...

BanjoDan

<font color="#8B3A3A">Finger Pickin' Good</font>
Dan, if you think this girl is that important to you then you need to be honest with each other. Figure out how your relationship is going to work, you need to be more open and it sounds like she needs to make some friends in this new area or at least keep in touch with the ones she had before. A girl always needs to talk to other girls to feel grounded. Sometimes you may just need to be a listener and let her talk and talk and talk. Just be there for her and be supportive...

I've been thinking about this all morning. I'm going to see if she has anything planned for saturday afternoon, probably not since she roommate is working. I just want to sit down and talk. I still have some things that were bothering me, and I'm sure she has a whole list for me. I feel like if we are going to keep a relationship, even if it's just friends, we need to get it all out.

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been thinking about this all morning. I'm going to see if she has anything planned for saturday afternoon, probably not since she roommate is working. I just want to sit down and talk. I still have some things that were bothering me, and I'm sure she has a whole list for me. I feel like if we are going to keep a relationship, even if it's just friends, we need to get it all out.

Good call dude. Be there and let her know regardless youre not going anywhere but you want to make it right. Good luck Dan.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Good plan. If you want to have a solid relationship just keep in mind it all starts and ends at trust. If you or she can't be trusted then there's no foundation.

BanjoDan

I was going to text tomorrow, but I broke down and did about 20 min ago. I said, "Hey are you busy tomorrow afternoon? I need to drop off your things." She said, "Not sure."

I didn't want to bring up talking. I'm guessing that was too soon.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
In our talk tuesday, she said, "I hope you can take what you've learned into the next relationship, and buy the girl some damn flowers every once in a while."

Bro.... this pretty much sums it all up right here. It's over. She's already moved on... and you should too.

You're really young. I know this hurts and you feel like the world's ending. It's not. Time heals all wounds. Learn from this and move on.

FBM357

Addicted to Softballfans
Bro.... this pretty much sums it all up right here. It's over. She's already moved on... and you should too.

You're really young. I know this hurts and you feel like the world's ending. It's not. Time heals all wounds. Learn from this and move on.

x2 ... what hurts most is the loss of something you can never get back... TIME! .. Young and it won't be the last time. Learn and keep it moving! Learn not to expect from others, but do so from YOURSELF!

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
It gets better every day. Looking forward to all the money saved. lol

LOL, there ya go.

In all seriousness, if I were you, I would not pursue a relationship with her any further. She's giving you all the signals she's not interested any more. "Hey, are you busy tomorrow?" "Not sure."

That pretty much says it all right there.

Take some time to reflect on this, but not too much, and just move forward. Everyone's had their heart broken at least once.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
I'm still slightly puzzled by her moving just to be a half-hour closer, and doing this after being together six months. I'm thinking this change is more of a factor than she's let on.

If/when you're going to talk to her again, just don't be a sad-sack *****. Even if you've done something wrong here, she's not blameless either. At some point anger will set in, and hopefully you have a way to not be destructive with it.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
I'm still slightly puzzled by her moving just to be a half-hour closer, and doing this after being together six months. I'm thinking this change is more of a factor than she's let on.

If/when you're going to talk to her again, just don't be a sad-sack *****. Even if you've done something wrong here, she's not blameless either. At some point anger will set in, and hopefully you have a way to not be destructive with it.

THIS.

This cannot be stressed enough. LOL

BanjoDan

Yeah, she isn't blameless. She has put a lot of stress on me, and moved the relationship along faster than it should have. I was taking things very slow. She pushed that she wanted it to move faster.

I'm not going to contact her anymore, I'll let her make the first move if she wants her **** back. I know there are a lot of emotions going on at both ends, just need to cool it down. Thank God we have no mutual friends.

BanjoDan

I'm thinking this change is more of a factor than she's let on.

A lot of this started when she moved. I don't know if it was the stress from the changes and moving, influence from her bitchy roommate, or if I was just done and didn't know it.

Oh, and I just got word that I'm working at another store for 8-10 weeks. My hours have been around 24 here lately, and this will be two solid months of 40+. ****in' A.

Last edited:

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Assuming she's relatively immature when it comes to relationships, I'd guess she had some lofty expectations (or delusions of grandeur) when she moved to be closer to you. If she was leaving a relatively stable situation behind the fairly sudden and drastic change was probably stressful for her. And if you weren't as eager to accelerate the relationship as she was, hurt feelings ensue which start to become resentment and finally, contempt.

Extra hours at work will do you some good in terms of getting over things. The less idle, alone time you have the less time you'll have to stew over whatever emotions you're trying to process. ****in' A.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan

I say SCREW HER. Try and get one more grudge **** out of her even if it costs you dinner. Then make her call/chase YOU. If she really wants to make it work, she will call. But right now you are following/stalking her the way she wants. Let her hit the bricks for a while and see if she comes to you. Until then, do what you need to do. Focus on something else. You will make it easier to get over her and if she DOES turn around, you will be more balanced and can look at it less hurt/emotional.

jaj23

Eye Baller
Flowers = high maintenance. She had better be gorgeous if I'm going to put up with the demands for flowers.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
Flowers = high maintenance. She had better be gorgeous if I'm going to put up with the demands for flowers.

She needs to hang out with my wifes teacher friends. While working out of town, suprised my wife with a delivery of some "Fire and Ice" roses. All of her catty co-workers said it means I was cheating on her and felt guilty. She doesn't want flowers any more.:D:D:D

BanjoDan

Haha she is pretty low maintinence. Just like one of the guys. But, I took that for granted. I thought she was gorgeous, but she's not a supermodel.

I'm done. Not going to reach out, if it is meant to be, she will contact me.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
Haha she is pretty low maintinence. Just like one of the guys. But, I took that for granted. I thought she was gorgeous, but she's not a supermodel.

I'm done. Not going to reach out, if it is meant to be, she will contact me.

Dude... you are going to go out with some bro's or be at work and some gal you would never think of is going to check you out and you will realize the chase is half the fun again. It hurts when you think you screwed up and lost someone like an idiot. I did it in California with a gal named Amber who Dear John'ed me out of the blue for the same reason. I took her for granted. She is a single cat lady now. Once you have had Grayson, all you want is Grayson.. She FBed me a year or so ago and asked how I was doing. I said "Better than the day after my Birthday when you dropped all my **** off on my doorstep with a break-up letter" and she never messaged me again.:D:D

purefilthsoft

Wildcard bitches
I hope this is general enough, but had my first chance to play on field turf today. I know some of you guys get to a bunch but it was new to me and awesome. Best part was perfect batters box.

BanjoDan

I'd rather have holes in the box than dirt covered concrete like they do here.