Another BP thread, please advise

klu

on the mound
Put in some more work this morning. Took a lot of your advice from the last video n put it together here. Was hitting much better this time around. A lot more line drives n felt like better pop.

Keys in this one was hands back, quieter hands, and to stop lunging. Lmk your thoughts and if u think this is heading in the right direction

http://youtu.be/2Gmfwa26lrg

Thanks again in advance!

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere
Your biggest problem is that you still live in Wisconsin... :) (From a fellow Sconnie who got smart)

But honestly, Swing looks pretty good... I understand you prolly got lots of advice last time and changed things. Some for the better, some maybe for the worse. As long as you like how it feels and you are getting results, stick with it. I have quite a bit of movement with my hands before the pitch, but I dont think it hurts me. All personal preference.

Good swings.

tap2284

Absolutely... Though I will be up that way for softball in the beginning of May... UGH! Hope there still isnt snow on the ground

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like a big improvement not floating forward as much,hands look better but still could keep them back a little longer with the back elbow attached to to back hip,let the hips start the swing dont jump out on the front foot.

tap2284

Looks like a big improvement not floating forward as much,hands look better but still could keep them back a little longer with the back elbow attached to to back hip,let the hips start the swing dont jump out on the front foot.

Why you say keep the back elbow to the back hip??? Reasoning?

VandyMan21

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice swings there, took BP at stiks yesterday and completely forgot to have someone video it, ive been wanting to put up a video of my swing to get some feedback, guess ill have to remember next time

klu

on the mound
It's a huge help, a lot more eyes watching the same swing helps eliminate bad habits

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Why you say keep the back elbow to the back hip??? Reasoning?

Just think it helps create a better swing plane and helps with rotational power,keeping the elbow in close also makes it far harder to cast the bat.

tap2284

Just think it helps create a better swing plane and helps with rotational power,keeping the elbow in close also makes it far harder to cast the bat.

IC... but if he is comfortable and hits it well, where his elbow is dont matter.... I just watched a video of mine and my elbow is up... never really knew.... something Id have a hard time changing.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
IC... but if he is comfortable and hits it well, where his elbow is dont matter.... I just watched a video of mine and my elbow is up... never really knew.... something Id have a hard time changing.

Lot of hitters hit with the elbow up and out they are comfartable and it works for a lot.If you watch videos of the top notch guys major players etc you will see that back elbow is tucked in pretty good once they are in the swing not out forming v. Just a suggestion he could try.

Last edited:

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks good man. Your weight transfer and timing of it looks a lot better. I've got some catching up to do now :p

tap2284

Lot of hitters hit with the elbow up and out they are comfartable and it works for a lot.If you watch videos of the top notch guys major players etc you will see that back elbow is tucked in pretty good once they are in the swing not out forming v. Just a suggestion he could try.

Agreed but dont think its necessarily a given his elbow needs to be tucked. Agreed he should try it out