Any updates on anything new coming out

cmb34

Star Player
Screenshot_2016-01-15-14-18-091_zpssxs2lsaf.png

BigDawgz

Extra Hitter
Saw on FB new Z4000s (asa, utrip, backman), hyper z, and something called the Solo Z (Z2000?, MSRP was 199).

I was listening to a podcast where they interviewed Ryan Harvey and he said the sonic plus is getting replaced by the solo z, the new 1 piece endloaded bat he will now swing. Harv said that this bat fits his swing better than any other Z and is his choice.

Rallycap

Star Player
LS didn't even bother changing the name to Z5 ha. I kinda like that. It's like they know that we know we are getting the same **** why bother re-labeling it

WillW3

Starting Player
Slugger has really fallen off the past few years IMO. I was hoping for something a little better than the same exact line from last year.....

BigDawgz

Extra Hitter
Slugger has really fallen off the past few years IMO. I was hoping for something a little better than the same exact line from last year.....

Honestly I think it's the same with all the bats this year other than the helmer bat from Easton and the fulk bat from worth. Most of the other bats appear to be repaints. Mizuno is also coming out with the new Robo nighthawk bat. Don't see anything different other than that.

single wally

Professional Amateur
Honestly I think it's the same with all the bats this year other than the helmer bat from Easton and the fulk bat from worth. Most of the other bats appear to be repaints. Mizuno is also coming out with the new Robo nighthawk bat. Don't see anything different other than that.

Year to year, you're probably going to see mostly repaints since bat lines don't get overhauled that frequently. I think what's hurt the LS Z line is that the Utrip Z1K was so damn good, but old stamp and would probably fail new testing, so for those of us who swung the Z1K it's an unfair measuring stick for the Z models that have come out since then.

Rallycap

Star Player
Here's to hoping they fixed that awful connection piece this time around. Had to sell 2 Z4+s because of the "twist"

THESHOE

Starting Player
A little difficult to push new technology when you're tapped out with what you can do in terms of performance. In adhering to the governing organization they are stamped for that is.

Getting to be like golf drivers.

Can't make them any hotter or more forgiving, or they won't pass the test needed to get the stamp. And with bats, it's either g2g outta wrapper but failing comp test early (Mike/Worth), or some break in required and better durability which LS and Easton seem to still cling to.

As for pushing "new" bats it leaves you either with paint to change, dimensions and weight, or like Demarini add gadgets to a bat to fiddle with in terms or removable weights.

I am hoping Solo Z is the rumoured new sonic with less EL. I would love the sonic if the EL was more like the Z lines at 1/2oz. The 1.5oz load I am not so good with.

The Super Z Utrip is a really good bat. But it won't get into the same heat the Freak 12 can push until you are past 400-500 cuts with it. But then the Super Z is likely to continue passing comp test a lot longer.

roaddrew

Addicted to Softballfans
Just remake the 2011 or 2012 USSSA z1000. By far the best USSSA bat they ever made and it's great with both hard and soft balls. I just sold a niw wr z4000 on fb for $85 shipped so I net $73. LS has to pull their head out.

Z1k05

Star Player
Just remake the 2011 or 2012 USSSA z1000. By far the best USSSA bat they ever made and it's great with both hard and soft balls. I just sold a niw wr z4000 on fb for $85 shipped so I net $73. LS has to pull their head out.

If only they would , would be the best bat on the market

Playr4

Coach
Would be nice if Dennis Turner would chime in and assure the loyal LS customer if they have fixed the handle problems.

cky19k

Starting Player
Just came into the local store yesterday...felt pretty good!. Look better in person haha

chubbs

Team Sporting Goods
Suppose to be getting the demos mid February here. Excited for those and the Demarini demos coming tomorrow. Just wish we weren't in 10" of snow and 20 degree weather. Also suppose to be an ASA version of the Solo around the corner as well. Would be nice to see a solid 1 piece again from them.

Playr4

Coach
No news. New stuff comes out 3/15/16. No change in technology. New paint design. From previous post, looks like they fixed the handle twist. Wilson bought LS

gmelt#24

Addicted to Softballfans
I swung the new solo Z yesterday and it felt pretty much just like the sonic. The only big difference is the whole barrel has the sandpaper grip on it and it is a lot of grip.