Any updates on anything new coming out

TCzLEGACY

Manager
I heard the Sonic + is fire and was talking to one of my rep buddies and he says it out hits the Backman and UTrip SuperZ then he said the Solo Z is going to be even better but the problem is that no one wants to take the time to fully break them in so we shall see....

Z1k05

Star Player
Have a 1k hit sonic and it's a true legit bat, gets no attention because it requires a break in and it's a 1 piece

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
Absolutely love my Sonic+. It does require some break in but will last forever, conference players were getting 3000+ hits out of them so I doubt most players will break one. I think people are either scared or not use to the endload, but if you learn to use it...it absolutely smashes!

WillW3

Starting Player
Absolutely love my Sonic+. It does require some break in but will last forever, conference players were getting 3000+ hits out of them so I doubt most players will break one. I think people are either scared or not use to the endload, but if you learn to use it...it absolutely smashes!

I said forever that I was gonna pick one up, but I never did. I will one day. I hear good things about them. LS just drove me away too much from wanting to try one.

TCzLEGACY

Manager

So if it takes so long to actually break in why wouldn't anyone just have it rolled to speed that process? Or is that considered cheating we got into this convo over the weekend but never came to a conclusion of its cheating or not I heard it is frowned upon....

WillW3

Starting Player
So if it takes so long to actually break in why wouldn't anyone just have it rolled to speed that process? Or is that considered cheating we got into this convo over the weekend but never came to a conclusion of its cheating or not I heard it is frowned upon....

Frowned upon at the very least. Why not take the time to put in the work? You can only get better from it anyway. It's cheating as far as my $.02 goes.

TCzLEGACY

Manager
Frowned upon at the very least. Why not take the time to put in the work? You can only get better from it anyway. It's cheating as far as my $.02 goes.

Thanks just looking for opinions really hear a lot of people talking bad on LS but they never take the time to really open up the sticks.... I really can't wait for the Solo Z though I heard it's only a repaint idk how true but idc honestly....

WillW3

Starting Player
Thanks just looking for opinions really hear a lot of people talking bad on LS but they never take the time to really open up the sticks.... I really can't wait for the Solo Z though I heard it's only a repaint idk how true but idc honestly....

I hated everything I swung LS after the OG Z2000. I'd like to get a Sonic+. I definitely don't mind taking time to open up sticks

single wally

Professional Amateur
I have about 2500 swings on my Sonic +, almost exclusively with stadium balls, and it's a firestick now, which coincided with a change in sound. For the longest time it reminded me of the sound of old ceramic baseball bats, but it now makes a nice crack on contact.

If this bat came out during the old stamp era, I believe it would have been very popular, but in the current world of instant gratification and 2 and 3 piece bats, the Sonic + has flown completely under the radar.

Jbird-21

Manager
if u guys love that sonic+, the new 16 line is a improved version with the superz and z4 barrels with same composite that sonic + is.. and solo z is not near as a log as the sonic+..

if u get a sonic + just bp it will hard balls she should open up around 200 swings depending on the hitter u are... bout 500 it feels great..

Last edited:

zr27

Addicted to Softballfans
I have about 2500 swings on my Sonic +, almost exclusively with stadium balls, and it's a firestick now, which coincided with a change in sound. For the longest time it reminded me of the sound of old ceramic baseball bats, but it now makes a nice crack on contact.

If this bat came out during the old stamp era, I believe it would have been very popular, but in the current world of instant gratification and 2 and 3 piece bats, the Sonic + has flown completely under the radar.

13,000+ swings and counting on mine :)
(bought in July 2014)
hitting every ball under the sun... lots of bp, team bat, and a personal gamer.. its sweet.. i agree, sleeper bat.

Looking forward to the new Solo Z Powerload

Last edited:

THESHOE

Starting Player
I can vouch for just how nasty this bat is.

hitting every ball under the sun... lots of bp, team bat, and a personal gamer.. its sweet.. i agree, sleeper bat.

single wally

Professional Amateur
if u guys love that sonic+, the new 16 line is a improved version with the superz and z4 barrels with same composite that sonic + is.. and solo z is not near as a log as the sonic+..

Are you just saying that the Solo Z just has a new make up (layering, resin, or thickness) of the original Sonic + composite, or is a new composite all together? Also, isn't the Sonic + 360 composite?

Rallycap

Star Player

if u get a sonic + just bp it will hard balls she should open up around 200 swings depending on the hitter u are... bout 500 it feels great..

(bought in July 2014)

all that sounds good about the Sonic / Solo Z, but the biggest question regarding the new line is....does the Z4 still "twist"?

WillW3

Starting Player
And then someone just posted today that it still twists. That's the reason I asked.

I got you. Didn't mean to come off as a d bag. As soon as my Z4 started that twisting, it hit the road. I could feel it every time I hit the ball. Awful.

dbantz

Manager
Anyone have any idea what the endload is gonna be on the Solo z? Anxiously waiting on release if it's less than the Sonic+ which I'm guessing is 1.5oz plus.

Jbird-21

Manager
end load: the solo z is perfect this year.. i swing a 26.5 sonic + and the solo z i have been swinging is a 27.5 feels a tad heavier than my 26.5 but not in the el... yes its a 1.5 oz but doesn't feel like a log like the 27.5 28.5 sonic+ felt like...

cky19k

Starting Player
And then someone just posted today that it still twists. That's the reason I asked.

Not wanting to be that guy, but the 4 (z4's) that I picked up had some small twist in them when 0 impacts on them...:( Looking like a Super Z and Solo Z for me this year

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

It's not an opinion. It's expressly forbidden by all associations so it is cheating. It doesn't matter if people feel it's not, it is. It doesn't matter if people feel it's the same as things that aren't cheating, it's not. They took the time to research it and make a rule, it's cheating pure and simple.

I don't think it's cheating for a really slow guy to leave early on a tag up. He's only catching up to the really fast guys, right? It's not his fault he's slow, so it's okay for him to break the rules. See how dumb that sounds?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

It doesn't matter what people's opinions are. It's against the rules, so doing it is cheating. Cheating has never been and never will be about opinion, no matter how much cheaters try and muddy the water and convince people there are grey areas. There are not.

Rallycap

Star Player
Not wanting to be that guy, but the 4 (z4's) that I picked up had some small twist in them when 0 impacts on them...:( Looking like a Super Z and Solo Z for me this year

You're not being "that guy". People deserve honest reviews. If it's happening, we should know. Appreciate the feedback. Will look to a Super Z as well...

WillW3

Starting Player
It's not an opinion. It's expressly forbidden by all associations so it is cheating. It doesn't matter if people feel it's not, it is. It doesn't matter if people feel it's the same as things that aren't cheating, it's not. They took the time to research it and make a rule, it's cheating pure and simple.

I don't think it's cheating for a really slow guy to leave early on a tag up. He's only catching up to the really fast guys, right? It's not his fault he's slow, so it's okay for him to break the rules. See how dumb that sounds?

Couldn't have said it better. I guess I need to stop worrying about people getting butt hurt. I think the idea of a "derby bat" is stupid too. Man up and let the best man win with a LEGAL bat.