Anyone else hear...

WarningTrackHR

Last Brawh Standing
while watching the major games, think it was a resmondo game, i can't remember, but did anyone hear them talking about the new bats for utrip?

I believe it was the old man ump who was on the field with the mic for the HR Derby, he said that with the new bats coming out that they are going to try and eliminate break in, and that the bats would NOT continually get better from use, but instead would break down and perform worse than when new.

I don't play Utrip, so it won't be a big deal for me, but I was just curious if anyone else had heard about this, and if they like it?

mbone12

Addicted to Softballfans
So not only will you have to buy all new bats to have the new stamp, you will also have to buy new ones after they become duds. That and lack of proper team classification are two damn good reasons not to play USSSA.

OTech

Ambisinister Pitcher
They're going to be worse than that. Getting worse the more they get used would be some bull****.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
They're going to be worse than that. Getting worse the more they get used would be some bull****.

I don't think that's accurate. The material would have to become stronger for that to be possible. I don't see them as being any different than ASA ABI bats.

Remember the U-trip mandate doesn't require "decreased performance" it just requires the bats never exceed 1.20 bpf.

riotact

don't pitch, learn to hit
Do post-ABIs get worse? I've always been told they were hot out of the wrapper and don't get much hotter.

bull. Go hit a brand new salvo, then hit one with 5000 swings and tell me its "worse". No kind of engineering is going to make a composite bat get stiffer over time, sorry, not going to happen.

WarningTrackHR

Last Brawh Standing
bull. Go hit a brand new salvo, then hit one with 5000 swings and tell me its "worse". No kind of engineering is going to make a composite bat get stiffer over time, sorry, not going to happen.

maybe it isnt stiffening the composite, maybe the composite it just designed to fail eventually.

thesteve

Addicted to Softballfans
This is what I've always heard and it definitely makes more sense given how the technology has been explained to me. That's why I was confused.

DSNuts48

Badass
Just don't play U-trip.

1248861621_dancing-guy.gif

KoolAid

Maybe they will make them like the ASA Z-1000 with thin walls and discs on the inside to make them hot out the wrapper, but stay at that level until they break. No one will really know until a few Demo's come out.

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
The bat does not have to become stiffer to lose performance, the bat can become too flexable so you get little to no trampoline effect.
Just think about what that does to the used bat market, it destroys it and the bat mfg sell more bats.

chris21

Addicted to Softballfans
from what I've read and heard, the new Utrip bats are going to be made to not exceed 1.20 at any point. it's my understanding that they are going to be made similar to the post-ABI sticks in ASA. in the ASA testing, they took bats and rolled them, shaved them and hit them a ton...the bats that exceeded the standards were to be re-worked. I believe this is what they are also doing with the new bats in Utrip.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
Maybe they will make them like the ASA Z-1000 with thin walls and discs on the inside to make them hot out the wrapper, but stay at that level until they break.
Like the USSSA Z-1000s?
in the ASA testing, they took bats and rolled them, shaved them and hit them a ton...the bats that exceeded the standards were to be re-worked.
Are you sure they shave them?

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
from what I've read and heard, the new Utrip bats are going to be made to not exceed 1.20 at any point. it's my understanding that they are going to be made similar to the post-ABI sticks in ASA. in the ASA testing, they took bats and rolled them, shaved them and hit them a ton...the bats that exceeded the standards were to be re-worked. I believe this is what they are also doing with the new bats in Utrip.

Now you are just making **** up....