Anyone else hear...

chris21

Addicted to Softballfans
Now you are just making **** up....

I'm just relaying what was told to me by a person AT the equipment testing....I have no reason to make this **** up....bat standards will change from time to time for one simple reason: to make the bat companies and sanctions money.

Last edited by a moderator:

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
I'm just relaying what was told to me by a person AT the equipment testing....I have no reason to make this *&%^ up....bat standards will change from time to time for one simple reason: to make the bat companies and sanctions money.

ASA was not shaving bats and testing them. Every bat would fail the test if they did that. The point of post-abi bats is to not let them break in past 98mph, that is all.

And and nice job breaking forum rules while talking to a mod

WarningTrackHR

Last Brawh Standing
ASA was not shaving bats and testing them. Every bat would fail the test if they did that. The point of post-abi bats is to not let them break in past 98mph, that is all.

Which forum rule did he break?

iowa_kid

Manager
Supposed to be just that the bat won't break in past the 1.20bpf standard whether it be breaking by that time or I've heard worth/miken are using there spiral something crap.. Where your supposed to leave it to the umps decision and banking on him actually checking them...

I'm guessing each manufacturer will have different ways to figure out how to get into the standards w/o letting it pass the standards.. But I heard the same as u.. Initially our state director told me they were tryig to get a bat that started out at it's peak 1.20 performance and slowly get worse the more you swing it.. Don't know how that would be possible at all... But its all pretty much just for money IMO... Either way you look at it, they're makin big bucks off it, whatever there reasoning and approach at it is... Pockets are gettin full either way

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
I'm just relaying what was told to me by a person AT the equipment testing....I have no reason to make this **** up....bat standards will change from time to time for one simple reason: to make the bat companies and sanctions money.

Exactly, right P17. There is no way ASA was shaving bats during testing and nobody who was actually at the bat testing told you that Chris21. You are just making **** up, no shaved bat would pass the ABI testing. And yes we all know that bat testing standards change to make people more money that is no secret there...

Dogue

Evil Genius
That's no swear filter violation, if that's what you're getting at. He didn't substitute a letter or two...he did the whole word (like a cartoon swear).

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
That's no swear filter violation, if that's what you're getting at. He didn't substitute a letter or two...he did the whole word (like a cartoon swear).

Cartoon swear = bypassing the filter