Arm and Knee surgery!!!!!

blev27

Manager
I im going in to have surgery on my shoulder to repair a torn labruim, and come to find out this past weekend i tore the patella tendon in my left knee. Has anybody had this surgery done on there knee before and what can i expect after for performance wise? the doc said that this is a very uncommon injury, thats why im asking:D

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
damn man sorry to hear. U might as well take up crossstitching now.... sell your SB stuff

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
I haven't torn the patella tendon, but I did have patellar tendonitis (aka "jumper's knee") ... which is microtears of the patella tendon. I got it from doing too much stairmaster and exercise bike with the resistance set too high ... plus playing ball. It was sore and ached whenever I sat for more than half an hour. In my case, I just had to stop overdoing it and it felt better in a couple of weeks.

The patellar tendon takes all of the shock and strain when you run or jump ... a whale of a load all focused on that tendon. Come to think of it, I've never heard of somebody tearing it. Did you do it in an accident or incident?

If you have surgical repair to it, it's going to be several weeks or a few months before you're playing again with an extended gradual rehab. Don't short-cut it ... you need that tendon to walk. I'm going to guess that you'll be throwing before you'll be running. Good luck, bro.

blev27

Manager
at first they thought it was my menicus, i felt like a quick shock in my knee and finished the trny. next day if felt like c hit and has progressively gotten worse.I have had jumpers knee in my right knee from basketball and has calmed down over the years. the doc thats going to do the surgery as worked with the twins,vikings and timberwolves so hopefully he can get me back asap

kkoenig1

Addicted to Softballfans
hey man! I had surgery on my left knee and my right shouder labruim! I blew my knee out and had it totally re done! ACL, MCL, menicuses, and tendons. I had mine cut on april of 2009 and played 3 1/2 / 4 months later! And you didn't do all that, yet it is stil a knee surgery, so word of advise, actually listen to the dr for the most part right after surgery, then rehab long and hard! And ima be 100% honest the larium surgery sucks, it's after the numing goes away, it's deff not gunna feel great, but again with that do the rehab all the time and bro honestly be careful as hel for like the first month or 2! Then when you getta play catch with the theropist, it's deff gunna be very uncomfortable! But once they relaease you and say ur good everything will come back and it'll be fine! Good Luck with surgery and everything bro!

Last edited:

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
Just don't rush back after the knee surgery. Knee injuries have this terrible tendency to get re-injured, especially if you don't rehab properly. Make sure you do exactly what they tell you to and for how long they tell you to in rehabbing it.

BoxerGT2.5

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm going to assume you didn't rupture the patella tendon? You won't be allowed to bear all of your weight on that leg and with should surgery that makes it difficult to use crutches.

blev27

Manager
my arthogram(mri with dye) showed a small tear and they are also going to clean up the cartilage around the meniscus. the arthogram also reveiled what they call a S.L.A.P injury to my shoulder which is basically the labruim. as for my knee right now, i have a hard time bending and putting weight on it

leadoff32

Addicted to Softballfans
i had acl reconstruction junior year in high school and bounced right back 3.5 months later and never have had one issue with it. had the labrum surgery 2 years later and i would take 100 knee surgeries before another shoulder.

2ms2ls

Manager
Hey bro I have had 3 knee surgeries, i have tore my acl and mcl and pcl. I still play 4-5 days a week. I love ball and there is nothing going to stop you. you will not be as fast as you once were but you will still be able to play! Do your time in PT and don't come back to soon!

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
make sure you have the knee done first, walking on crutches not long after shoulder surgery would suck.

blev27

Manager
think i need to get one of those "amigo's " for awhile..lol because they are getting cut at the same time

ElementIce20

The Silent Dude
i had rotor cuff, and 7 months later, im back to playing...

you'll be fine and you will back to play after 6 months later-