ASA approves 1.21 bats for seniors

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
which means what? ASA did not allow senior bats in senior tourneys?

It looks like now they will. The only question right now is if it is for ASA Tournaments only or all League Senior Divisions. Will have to see how it is actually written.

I know our league will vote to stay with the current bats and not allow the Senior Bats if they do change it for all ASA Senior Softball.

ETDave

Old School
which means what? ASA did not allow senior bats in senior tourneys?

Steve, ASA only allowed ASA bats in the state and national tournaments. From what I understand participation had gone down because the seniors wanted to use their senior bats and skipped alot of the ASA tournaments.

All their rules apply to championship play,its the ld and such who mod them for their own parks and recs.i would assume(yes i'm careful with that)that it will be for the 52 ball only.....but hey ya never know.......

ETDave

Old School
All their rules apply to championship play,its the ld and such who mod them for their own parks and recs.i would assume(yes i'm careful with that)that it will be for the 52 ball only.....but hey ya never know.......

Wonder what Tyler will do?

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
I, for one, am very glad to see this change. I know it's what you fellas have wanted for some time, and I'm hoping that it will make the umpires' job easier when checking the bats. Let's hope this will revive the senior slow pitch game.

If I'm not scheduled to be somewhere else Labor Day weekend, I hope to see y'all out in Burlington in 2012!

ETDave

Old School
talked with fox a few weeks back(just before i went to phx)and tyler is going to the 52 ball next year with any bat but senior bats....now he might change his mind,who knows with him......:rolleyes:

Like you said about Fox...he will probably change his mind several times before spring. I guess if he doesn't change his mind again I'll finally get to use my Freak +. I've had it several years and have only got to use it in three or four games. Lol

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
I, for one, am very glad to see this change. I know it's what you fellas have wanted for some time, and I'm hoping that it will make the umpires' job easier when checking the bats. Let's hope this will revive the senior slow pitch game.

If I'm not scheduled to be somewhere else Labor Day weekend, I hope to see y'all out in Burlington in 2012!

Now if burlington would only fix the outfields,like running on a roller coaster with holes LOL.

wagon487

2016 Vegas Champs 60 Major
Now if burlington would only fix the outfields,like running on a roller coaster with holes LOL.

i agree, my knees were killing me after that weekend. Don't know why they didn't put us on the other fields.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired

Get better brakes on your chair! :p

Just kidding...

I've never noticed the outfield having any real slope to it. But then again, I very rarely venture into the outfield.

Are you referring to City Park or Springwood?

wagon487

Get better brakes on your chair! :p

Just kidding...

I've never noticed the outfield having any real slope to it. But then again, I very rarely venture into the outfield.

Are you referring to City Park or Springwood?

City Park! The top two fields are the worst.

Like you said about Fox...he will probably change his mind several times before spring. I guess if he doesn't change his mind again I'll finally get to use my Freak +. I've had it several years and have only got to use it in three or four games. Lol

i take it your gonna play on the 19th,some of us are gonna hit at 330 sunday on f2.......unless ya wanna hit this coming week someplace also.......

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
City Park! The top two fields are the worst.

When you say "the top two fields," are you talking about fields 2 and 3 (they're back-to-back with a tall fence between them, with tall towers behind the backstops)? The ones that could almost share a foul line through the fence?

I don't think I've ever called on #1 before. I know I've called on 2, 3 and 4, but never noticed any slope.

It's difficult to grade that much earth, and it's even harder to keep it level.

Springwood is a great facility, though. I was just there a couple weekends ago for a fastpitch showcase, and I also stopped by Springwood for the Men's Senior Slow Pitch tourney.

Last edited:

wagon487

When you say "the top two fields," are you talking about fields 2 and 3 (they're back-to-back with a tall fence between them, with tall towers behind the backstops)? The ones that could almost share a foul line through the fence?

I don't think I've ever called on #1 before. I know I've called on 2, 3 and 4, but never noticed any slope.

It's difficult to grade that much earth, and it's even harder to keep it level.

Springwood is a great facility, though. I was just there a couple weekends ago for a fastpitch showcase, and I also stopped by Springwood for the Men's Senior Slow Pitch tourney.

Yes, 2 and 3. If you stand on the foul line you can see the hills and valleys in the outfield. 1 is a great field.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Yes, 2 and 3. If you stand on the foul line you can see the hills and valleys in the outfield. 1 is a great field.

Really? Huh... Wow... Well, I had other things on my mind (ie., the game). :)

I've only called there a couple of times. I've called at Springwood a good number of times, though.

Last edited: