Asa bat choice for tourney

Bubaloo

Manager
Playing in an Asa bat tourney in a month.
Balls are Dudley Sb 12. I'm not sure how these perform.

We can use any bat, except and ultra if it has the Asa stamps.
What would
U use with that ball and bat rule? I was thinking of getting a new Asa
But thought I would see if anyone would rock something older.
Last year we used and L6 seems decent. I noticed a lot of old Asa 2004 type sticks that didn't seem
To hit this ball aswell as new Asa stuff but looking for some thoughts.
Tourney is high end, not worried about bat price

Calli4120

ASA Free Since 05
If you can use any bat with an ASA stamp go grab an Original Miken Freak or a well borken in Synergy2

Calli4120

ASA Free Since 05
I was thinking synergy 2 wasn't sure if it was Asa or not though
But yes I could swing that.

The synergy2 has the old ASA2000 stamp on it. It was legal for a long time, but got moved to the unaproved list eventually like most of the 100mph bats that were grandfathered.

You should be able to get one of these dirt cheap since any league or tournament that strictly follows the new stamp rules wont allow these anymore.

Bubaloo

Manager
The synergy2 has the old ASA2000 stamp on it. It was legal for a long time, but got moved to the unaproved list eventually like most of the 100mph bats that were grandfathered.

You should be able to get one of these dirt cheap since any league or tournament that strictly follows the new stamp rules wont allow these anymore.

Excellent. I saw I guy last year swinging it in the home run derby portion and it was sick.
Never saw that team in the game though.
I've had a few around here tell me lady virus, but we actually have a guy swing one in our outlaw league here and it never impressed me. Guys a good hitter too
Just doesn't seem to do anything more then a good u trip

Calli4120

ASA Free Since 05
If you pick up a synergy2 the more wear on it the better. They last forever and if the paint by the end cap is all worn down that thing should be crazy hot.

sjury

The Old Man
I'll try to make it easy for you....
1. What are you currently swinging for ASA? __________
2. Are you hitting the ball with it? Yes=use it. No=BP more

People think they need to do something different for tourneys. Guys are asked for tourneys because of how they play in leagues, or otHer tourneys, the tourney team wants the same guy, same glove, same bat that they witnessed... You'll never here someone say, I'd ask you to play on my tourney team, if you had a different bat. Just go do your thing.

Bubaloo

Manager
I'll try to make it easy for you....
1. What are you currently swinging for ASA? __________
2. Are you hitting the ball with it? Yes=use it. No=BP more

People think they need to do something different for tourneys. Guys are asked for tourneys because of how they play in leagues, or otHer tourneys, the tourney team wants the same guy, same glove, same bat that they witnessed... You'll never here someone say, I'd ask you to play on my tourney team, if you had a different bat. Just go do your thing.

Currently swing an L6 it's on it's last legs. Hit some crusher ball in our one ortho league that ruins these bats pretty good.

I hear yah. But if u can swing some crazy old bats and add some pop why not right. Not to often u can swing basically whatever from Asa

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes it is. better then any Z1/2/3 if ever hit. Lady Virus and Syn2 will out distance the voltage I think but the voltage is a great bat!

sjury

The Old Man
You need to double check your tourney rules. We went to a tourney that said "Any ASA bat" my buddy pulled out his Ultra II and the umpire told him he couldn't use it. They had the Non Approved but stamped bat list with them, and any ASA meant any ASA bat currently on the approved list. Otherwise get an Ultra II

Bubaloo

Manager
You need to double check your tourney rules. We went to a tourney that said "Any ASA bat" my buddy pulled out his Ultra II and the umpire told him he couldn't use it. They had the Non Approved but stamped bat list with them, and any ASA meant any ASA bat currently on the approved list. Otherwise get an Ultra II

Ultra was banned last year yes. That's it though.
And only because some one called out someone with one. The umps didn't seem to care, but eventually they bitched so much the umps said fine no ultras.

I saw a lady virus, and synergy 2 last year.