ASA Patriot

jasonhud

Addicted to Softballfans
Patriot Review. This one is better than watching someone swing the bat for 10 minutes to only hear them say at the end "this is hottest bat out there" while wearing a miken tee and hat.

Former high school teammate here ^^^^^

He could always hit. Nice vid Christian.

Space_cadet

Star Player
He does really good reviews. Wheeler's videos are good if you want to see how far a ball will go with new bats but I like a break down like Christian does. (Wheeler does have a good video of how he changed his hitting mechanics throughout the year and how it improved his performance.)

RustyShakleford

He does really good reviews. Wheeler's videos are good if you want to see how far a ball will go with new bats but I like a break down like Christian does. (Wheeler does have a good video of how he changed his hitting mechanics throughout the year and how it improved his performance.)
no wheelers videos are just some guy hitting the ball. whoop-de-****ing-do

Ballisttic

Star Player
Miken must be happy with the performance there getting out of this bat because the new asa dc 41 has the same tech.

RustyShakleford

ASA patriot (.5oz endload) = ASA platinum XL (.5oz endload) = ASA platinum balanced = ASA DC41 (1oz endload)
ASA liberty (balanced) = ASA EST balanced = ASA EST XL (.5oz endload) = ASA EST XXL (1oz endload)

all the same bats, just different endloads

nothing special to think that miken/worth would use a tech in a limited edition bat then use it in their main line bats

Dan411

Star Player
I am going to get to hit mine again tomorrow night. Bat's sitting at around 200 hits now. Such a responsive barrel; trampoline feel in full effect. I am very excited to be able to hit it again. Bummer it has to be inside.

Dan411

Star Player
So mine has about 400 hits on it now. The sound has improved and it's getting louder. Barrel's sweet spot has enlarged as well. I hit it along with my Plague Team Edition and my friends' Cluggy. My only criticism is I wish it had more end load. I remember swinging my ASA Freak Black and the red knob DC back to back (both 28's), and really enjoying the feel of the supermax better. I realize it's a matter of personal preference, but the Patriot does feel a touch on the lighter side of the Miken maxload bats I have swung. Just need to get outside with it sometime. It's 17 degrees in Missouri right now o_O

sleepin4matty

Management Material
So mine has about 400 hits on it now. The sound has improved and it's getting louder. Barrel's sweet spot has enlarged as well. I hit it along with my Plague Team Edition and my friends' Cluggy. My only criticism is I wish it had more end load. I remember swinging my ASA Freak Black and the red knob DC back to back (both 28's), and really enjoying the feel of the supermax better. I realize it's a matter of personal preference, but the Patriot does feel a touch on the lighter side of the Miken maxload bats I have swung. Just need to get outside with it sometime. It's 17 degrees in Missouri right now o_O
wish I had gotten a 28 Patriot :( it doesn't feel endloaded at all

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
the price is too high right now. i assume the EST/Platinums are the same construction and will make them a little more reasonable.

RustyShakleford

A 28 would likely swing a little better for me for sure.

I picked up the Patriot shortly before Miken announced the same tech for the ASA DC or I would have sprung for that. Anyway, it's good to have options.
i grabbed a liberty for the same reason. if they didn't take this tech to the main line bats, i had what i wanted. if they did, i could deal it for something else. not like i'll be playing for another 2 months. i plan on getting an EST XL cause its an EST and cause its purple/green

Im Gloving It

Next on hitlist.
Anyone have a patriot rattling? Havent had a bat rattle this bad in a while. Guess we shouldn't have hit ZNs. Lol.
I wonder how much longer this will last? Yeah yeah, made for 52s...save it.

Dan411

Star Player
Anyone have a patriot rattling? Havent had a bat rattle this bad in a while. Guess we shouldn't have hit ZNs. Lol.
I wonder how much longer this will last? Yeah yeah, made for 52s...save it.

No rattling yet (knock on wood). Mine is setting on around 400 with Tattoo NX3 BP balls and Rockets. Out of curiosity, are you seeing any webbing? I am wondering if these will parallel web like other Mikens.

Im Gloving It

Next on hitlist.
No rattling yet (knock on wood). Mine is setting on around 400 with Tattoo NX3 BP balls and Rockets. Out of curiosity, are you seeing any webbing? I am wondering if these will parallel web like other Mikens.

I kinda gave it the once over...didnt see anything.