Avoid fresh fruit?

bigtex

Addicted to Softballfans
I read somewhere that fruit has too much sugar. Would this hinder fat loss or are the simple sugars ok?

chacha15

rec chip
Everything in moderation. Fruit does contain sugar(fructose). Some more than others. Fresh fruits contain low levels of fructose and the risks are outweighed by the benefits. Many people most likely start the day with fruit instead of eating it later for the benefits of fueling the body and burning those calories through out the day.

xdnine

Addicted to Softballfans
And fun fact: apple ranked number 1(Im pretty sure) for worst fruit to eat because of pestiscides. They found high levels inside apples. At least here in Florida but I would imagine that goes for all or most states.

PracticeSquad7

Addicted to Softballfans
And fun fact: apple ranked number 1(Im pretty sure) for worst fruit to eat because of pestiscides. They found high levels inside apples. At least here in Florida but I would imagine that goes for all or most states.

Maybe that's why they keep the doctors away... pesticides kill the bacteria?

JPritch

Addicted to Softballfans
I start my day with a fruit smoothie with low-carb yogurt and vanilla protein powder added in. I also add cottage cheese when I have it on hand. I've been losing weight at a good clip while consuming this smoothie for breakfast.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
I would venture to say that 100% of obese people do not have a problem with too much fresh fruit. In fact, Weight Watchers has recently made fruit a zero point food. They did that not do this because fruit has no calories and/or can normally be ignored. Rather, they did it because fat asses simply don't eat it (and WW doesn't do a big overhaul like this willy-nilly - they invest a ton in research as to what/how their clients eat, etc. ).

george

Addicted to Softballfans
stay away from the compound carbohydraes
eat more fruit and veggies
the natural sugar is better and gets converted to energy faster easier for body to break down
water is also excellant.
when playin ball on these really hot and humid days hydration is the key element and i dont mean brewskies.
dr told me eat as much fresh fruit as i want and im a diebetic type 2 just watch those oranges and only eat a 1/2 bananna at a time.

coolluvr4u1976

#1 bomb dropper
I cant imagine, oranges, grapefruits, peaches and such are bad for you....

I mean bananas are good for you, as long as you are working out... I wouldnt recommend eating 6 bananas per day if your not working out, or even if you are working out!!!!

but it all depends on how much of said fruit you are eating too.... yes some fruits are probably worse than others too....

DSNuts48

Badass
The only reason people are told to cut back on them is the fact they take in enormous amounts of sugar in their diet already from processed foods, ect. Which is totally ass backward advice.

weiner75

Addicted to Softballfans
One mistake people make with fruit is thinking that canned fruit or fruit ****tail cups are the same as a fresh fruit. I laugh when a guy I used to work with said he was on a diet and would eat like five of those fruit cups a day.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
Fruit juice is the diet killer. Fresh fruit is fine because it has fiber and is nutrient rich. Apples and the like will fill you up pretty well. I would not go crazy with a "fruit diet" but there is certainly a place for fresh fruit in a balanced diet.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Fruit is fine, sure it has some sugar in it but unless you are on Atkins who cares. If its calories you are talking about fruit is not super calorie rich compared to other bad food. One apple is 75-100 calories, a slice of pizza is 250-300 calories. How many apples can you eat before you feel full, how many slices of pizza does it take for you to feel full?