Bad deal in progress with Coach25

JUSTME25

<font color="#EE0000">Bat'ho once again</font>
Well, I've been lucky up until now and not had anything bad happen in the 100 deals I've done on the board but this could be my first one. Of course I checked Coach25's feedback and saw he had four pages but I didn't notice the negative one posted on page 2 which sound very similar to mine. Here are my details:

- bought a 33/25 Combat Lisa Fernandez on 7 Jul 09. Paid via Paypal. Since I inquired about the bat weeks earlier, I asked if he "still had the bat" and he said yes. I also asked if I could possibly get it by the weekend and he said he wasn't sure because he'd have to pay extra to ship it. No where did he tell me he would actually have to order the bat.
- no communication at all regarding shipping so I contact him on 15 Jul asking if he shipped my bat. He said he hasn't gotten it and will check on where it is.
- Later on 15 Jul, I said no problem, just refund my money and I'll get it else where
- 16 Jul, I get an e-mail from Coach25 saying: "Right now I' m on the phone trying to find out where your bat is. They are telling me it had been shipped out. So If I don't have tracking for you by Friday Night will w refund you your money ok. I have to run a charge back on my card so I can get you your money back"
- 17 Jul - no shipping information provided
- 18, 19, 20 Jul - I've sent him various PMs/telephone calls and e-mails. No response at all

I've filed a dispute against him via Paypal since I have no idea if and when I am going to get my refund or the bat.

If anyone has any ideas, please pass them my way, thanks.

Brenda

JUSTME25

Still no communication after sending him a PM and calling this morning (left a voice message).....then I filed the dispute on Paypal.

coach25

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Well, I've been lucky up until now and not had anything bad happen in the 100 deals I've done on the board but this could be my first one. Of course I checked Coach25's feedback and saw he had four pages but I didn't notice the negative one posted on page 2 which sound very similar to mine. Here are my details:

- bought a 33/25 Combat Lisa Fernandez on 7 Jul 09. Paid via Paypal. Since I inquired about the bat weeks earlier, I asked if he "still had the bat" and he said yes. I also asked if I could possibly get it by the weekend and he said he wasn't sure because he'd have to pay extra to ship it. No where did he tell me he would actually have to order the bat.
- no communication at all regarding shipping so I contact him on 15 Jul asking if he shipped my bat. He said he hasn't gotten it and will check on where it is.
- Later on 15 Jul, I said no problem, just refund my money and I'll get it else where
- 16 Jul, I get an e-mail from Coach25 saying: "Right now I' m on the phone trying to find out where your bat is. They are telling me it had been shipped out. So If I don't have tracking for you by Friday Night will w refund you your money ok. I have to run a charge back on my card so I can get you your money back"
- 17 Jul - no shipping information provided
- 18, 19, 20 Jul - I've sent him various PMs/telephone calls and e-mails. No response at all

I've filed a dispute against him via Paypal since I have no idea if and when I am going to get my refund or the bat.

If anyone has any ideas, please pass them my way, thanks.

Brenda

You need to check your email

TEAM STING 27

2006 WORLD CHAMP
Brenda is very GTG, and I believe I had a deal w/Coach25 also, He was just very slow if I remember right. Hope it works out for you Brenda. Thanks again for the purchase and let me know if you need anymore.

JUSTME25

Resolution?

Coach25 contacted me and said a money order is being mailed to me. I'll let everyone know ASAP if this is resolved.

Communication is the key in any deal, if there's a problem then let the buyer know. If this had been done, I would've never posted this.

Thanks for the concern and assistance everyone, I appreciate it. I'll keep you posted.

JUSTME25

i'd like to find out where this goes

I'll let you know Skew....saying something is going to happen is one thing but doing is another. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say things should be resolved in 3-4 days.

skew12

I'll let you know Skew....saying something is going to happen is one thing but doing is another. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say things should be resolved in 3-4 days.

that would be Coach's problem right there.

leoingle

GDC BRONZE STATUS MEMBER
why is he sending a money order when he coulda much easier done a chargeback??? I can do a refund thru PP in bout 15 seconds.

and he shoulda said he didnt physically have the bat and it had to be ordered.

CHOOLY_#14

Addicted to Softballfans
You need to check your email

you need to return her phone call. if you cant do what you said you would do, and then avoid contact (eventually sending an email when you finally felt like it dont cut it bro) for those dates she posted... then you should be instantly refunding the $$ to her paypal acct. PERIOD. end of story. if you get yourself head deep with too many deals going on and money spread out everywhere its not your customers problem. maybe you need to re-group and find a way to conduct your buisness/dealing in a way that doesnt create these types of situations. maybe you might want to consider imforming the buyer that you dont actually have the bat in your posession BEFORE accepting payment so that they can decide if they still want to send you the funds on that basis.

IN THE MEAN TIME--- bite the bullet and refund her with your own money via paypal since that is the form in which you recieved it from her.

Last edited:

BassVillan

Addicted to Softballfans
a) received paypal

b) cannot come through on your end of deal

c) issue refund in paypal

it's easy as a-b-c...

JUSTME25

Update: I was sent a confirmation number of a letter that's on it's way to me.

JUSTME25

Deal has been resolved

I received a money order yesterday reimbursing me for the bat + $11.60 extra.

Thanks Coach25 for resolving the deal and giving me my money back.

I am leaving this post up, the deal went south and I put a lot of effort into getting my money back and in the end, I got it but it never should've happened as it did.

Coach25 has good feedback and it just so happens that my deal didn't work out but I will say I won't be dealing with him again.

Thanks again board bro's for the help, I appreciate it.