Buyer Beware Bad Deal With MJOONES

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
it dont matter how they sent money if they transfer everything out of the account.

scats16

<font color="GoldenRod">GDC PLATINUM STATUS MEMBER
^^ is true...when I had a bad deal going, all paypal said they could refund is < $1 ...the rest was already withdrawn/spent...that was pre-gift option

fonnzy8

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry to hear about this dude but I'm afraid those of you who send as a gift are setting yourselves up to get screwed. If it say's gift the law won't do anything about it as you have stated it was a gift. Argue it enough and paypal may try charging you with internet fraud for trying to sircumvent thier fee's!!!:eek:

Mark1980

Manager
Dude you don't know what the **** you're talking about why don't you go EAD and GTFO, if you don't have anything positive to add to this thread beat it.

I don't know you nor do I care to. Don't come here flaming me when you have no idea why I did what I did. No one's crying about Paypal fees here. FYI, most of are on here to provide each other with deals and not make money off them. We don't "run an online business and over 1/2 of my income comes in thru paypal."

Get a clue *******.

Geez someone's on the rag. I didnt mean it as a flame, just some knowledge I would pass along, being that I have done 1000's and 1000's of dollars of business thru paypal over the years.

Like I said not flaming you, but yes, I do know exactly why you did it, you tried to get out of paypal fees for this dude who screwed you and now you have no possible course of action, and not only did he screw you over now you have no possible way to file a claim against him. When one of my clients pays me thru paypal I dont send an invoice as fee+3%, I send them an invoice and they pay me, if someone is getting their panties in a bunch over 3% of what at most maybe 200$ for a bat, then they should shouldnt do business using paypal, use money orders, money grams, western union, wire transfers, ect, but most of those options cost a hell of a lot more than 3%. If you want the luxury of using paypal and getting your money instantly then just pay the fee and accept it as a cost of doing business.

I'm not even talking about trying to make money of people, and this board is great for deals and helping each other out, but at what point do you say to hell with your own personal security and if a deal goes bad why would you leave yourself with no possible action? Like was said above, paypal wont like this one bit, infact I highly suggest you do not go to paypal, because over the years of dealing with paypal and knowing possibly 100's of other people dealing with paypal over the years, they will likely freeze your account (along with any monies in that account) and probably slap you with a lifetime ban for fraud. At this point your are better of just eating your what? 65$ and chalk it up as a lesson learned.

AJ22

Super Moderator
Geez someone's on the rag. I didnt mean it as a flame, just some knowledge I would pass along, being that I have done 1000's and 1000's of dollars of business thru paypal over the years.

Like I said not flaming you, but yes, I do know exactly why you did it, you tried to get out of paypal fees for this dude who screwed you and now you have no possible course of action, and not only did he screw you over now you have no possible way to file a claim against him. When one of my clients pays me thru paypal I dont send an invoice as fee+3%, I send them an invoice and they pay me, if someone is getting their panties in a bunch over 3% of what at most maybe 200$ for a bat, then they should shouldnt do business using paypal, use money orders, money grams, western union, wire transfers, ect, but most of those options cost a hell of a lot more than 3%. If you want the luxury of using paypal and getting your money instantly then just pay the fee and accept it as a cost of doing business.

I'm not even talking about trying to make money of people, and this board is great for deals and helping each other out, but at what point do you say to hell with your own personal security and if a deal goes bad why would you leave yourself with no possible action? Like was said above, paypal wont like this one bit, infact I highly suggest you do not go to paypal, because over the years of dealing with paypal and knowing possibly 100's of other people dealing with paypal over the years, they will likely freeze your account (along with any monies in that account) and probably slap you with a lifetime ban for fraud. At this point your are better of just eating your what? 65$ and chalk it up as a lesson learned.

For a guy who has done 1000's and 100's of deals, do know anything about INTERNET FRAUD ? How about MAIL FRAUD ?

Let me help you guys out here a little with paypal and action that can be taking :

- I agree that people do use the gift option to try and save a few bucks with paypal. It is what it is ... we can agree on that.

- What you are failing to understand is that if you use regular paypal (fees included) paypal can and will help you return funds if they find in your favor. The problem though can be what if the member you sent the paypal to has taking out ALL his funds out of paypal ? What if the account hooked to paypal (if there is an account) has been closed or has no money in it ? PAYPAL will not refund any money that does not exist. The will close said account until money is recovered. Which, if ones paypal account is closed, not active, or froze why would someone put money in said account ? THINK ABOUT THIS .

- Any deal that is made on the INTERNET and paypal is the course of payment (sent as regular paypal with fees or sent as a gift) has the same protection from deadbeats. INTERNET FRAUD and MAIL FRAUD are federal crimes.

Paypal fees can add up ... but are you really that protected by paying said fees ? You are no less protected than paying as a gift and no more protected by using regular paypal and paying those fees.

Mark1980

Manager
For a guy who has done 1000's and 100's of deals, do know anything about INTERNET FRAUD ? How about MAIL FRAUD ?

Let me help you guys out here a little with paypal and action that can be taking :

- I agree that people do use the gift option to try and save a few bucks with paypal. It is what it is ... we can agree on that.

- What you are failing to understand is that if you use regular paypal (fees included) paypal can and will help you return funds if they find in your favor. The problem though can be what if the member you sent the paypal to has taking out ALL his funds out of paypal ? What if the account hooked to paypal (if there is an account) has been closed or has no money in it ? PAYPAL will not refund any money that does not exist. The will close said account until money is recovered. Which, if ones paypal account is closed, not active, or froze why would someone put money in said account ? THINK ABOUT THIS .

- Any deal that is made on the INTERNET and paypal is the course of payment (sent as regular paypal with fees or sent as a gift) has the same protection from deadbeats. INTERNET FRAUD and MAIL FRAUD are federal crimes.

Paypal fees can add up ... but are you really that protected by paying said fees ? You are no less protected than paying as a gift and no more protected by using regular paypal and paying those fees.

Are you advocating getting around paypal fees? If you use "gift" thru the form of payment, and that is the official record of this transaction you have no leg to stand on. What are you going to do? Say such and such ripped me off. The authorities go check out this said person, this person says look, they sent me the money thru paypal as a gift. They go back to the person who is claiming to be ripped off, well I sent it as a gift, but we had the intention of deal? Authorities: They why did you money as gift? Because I was trying to get around paypal fees?

No doubt you have little to no protection when you pay the fees, if the person is an outright fraud then you are just screwed. Of course there will be no money in the account for a refund. At least when you dont use the gift option, you have some kind of course of action to take?

It just seems you at least give yourself a chance. I've been running an online business since I graduated from high school and have been dealing with paypal since something like 2000 or 2001. I just cannot believe how everyone accepts this form of fraud and thinks its ok. And now a moderator is defending this kind of "cheating the system" and telling me I know nothing of internet fraud. I was once screwed over 3400$ online thru e-banking. I do know a thing or 2 about this stuff. I guess to people not feeding their children with their paypal account this crap is acceptable, its just a little white lie to save a few bucks, but to me this is outright cheating the system, and you are at serious risk of having your paypal account and the monies therein put into serious risk.

olderplayer007

GDC SILVER STATUS MEMBER
hey ronn, can you post his info. i am sure after this incident, he is going to change user id. I just want to stay clear of him.

Ronn050

5¢ Swing
Still nothing from this jerkoff. Here's his info:

Michael Konyalian
[email protected]
[email protected]

Found this post, http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=234996, used to go by BUBBA KUSH on here. Of course he's an OBD as BUBBA KUSH, http://forums.softballfans.com/member.php?u=12177 and he's on SOnic's OBD list, http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=73715&highlight=bubba+kush.

Michael Konyalian
1218 banning blvd
wilmington, CA 90744

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=234996

He's on twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&s...ogle+Search&aq=f&aqi=&oq=&fp=79a46ede2c2a175d

If I would have know about his past I would have never dealt with him.

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
sucks!!!! i'm gonna commit a federal crime over a couple bucks. what a **** head!!!

mjoones

Outstanding Bad Dealer
i just shipped the glove today... sorry for the problems guys...

sorry ronnie... bad case of bad timing...

enjoy your glove

Ronn050

5¢ Swing
Well, after two months of emails, pms, and waiting I finally received the glove. It must have been the threat of small claims court that forced his hand.

Thank you guys that kept this thread up and for the encouraging words.

0317001811.jpg

Thank God it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.