Bad League Directors

fitzpats

AKA - The Anti Ringer
One league director just set up a summer league and took 10 teams for an 8-game schedule. Then set up playoffs for the league, and games for first round are 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10. Not sure what's up with that one. Anyone else have anything like this?

EdFred

every day I'm shovelin'
Looking at the 'umpires' they hire, it's no surprise they set the playoffs up that way.

Who gets the eventual "bye" that will happen when they get down to an odd number of teams?

And why do you guys still play out there?

RustyShakleford

Our dumbass director ****ed up the Summer league this year and decided that only Friday nights were going to get 10 games instead of 12 like all the other nights, but we did pay $100 less than the other leagues. Now we are waiting 5 weeks until Fall starts. You know because there never any rainouts in Fall. So instead of having the opportunity to give the league a few extra weeks in case of rainouts, the league will get pushed back into November like it does every year.

Also there were multiple 6pm/9pm doubleheaders across all leagues. Morons

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Someone go to them, tell how screwed up they are and offer to run it correctly. Dont forget, you still need your fay job cause they wont pay you ****

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I started a game in lightning a few weeks back, and then had it called halfway through the 2nd inning because the field was in too bad shape to keep playing because of the rain. Does that count?

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
we had a doozy of an LD in our local league for a good number of years. he only managed 4 leagues in the summer and he would put the wrong teams on the wrong nights and stuff. I picked up our packet for mens tues church and we were in coed monday nights. All schedules and stuff were done. i call him and he goes "well can you put together a coed team then?" i was like what? so he got all pissy at me and then redid everything. he refused to do double headers. for 8 years we literally had 14 game seasons where we started middle of april and rarely finished by the end of september. it was brutal. the first year he finally agreed to double headers, you never had another game right after your first one. it was always an hour or 2 hour wait until your next game. when this church league started (everyone says this but this is legit church league but is still rec....i saw a good majority of the guys that play in this league at c state a week ago), there were almost 20 teams. he botched it so bad that its now down to 7. a few years back, i took 2 other coaches and sat down with the LD's boss (i know her personally) and basically said we are about to go to another city and they said we can organize it ourselves and blah blah blah. She fired him 2 weeks later because basically even the kids leagues he managed had been stripped away from him for being so poorly run.

EdFred

every day I'm shovelin'
One of the leagues I am/was in there was 8 teams, 4 game slots a night, and 10 weeks. Should be a pretty easy schedule to set up right? Nope. One of the teams had 12 games, 2 or 3 of them had 9, 1 had 8 and another 1 or 2 had 11.One of the teams that had 10 games had 7 games as the home team and 3 as the away team. Our team was one of the 11 game teams, and I emailed the guy saying "We appreciate the extra game, but I think you're going to have some complaints - here's a schedule that gives every team 10 games, with 5 home and away games."

He sent the schedule I made back out the same day to all the teams. 10-12 weeks later I get an email from the guy, "Hey, can you make the schedule for the next session?"

He's no longer employed in that capacity.