Bat company secret

Lucky34

Putting on the foil
Did you guys know that most mattress companies won't honor the warranty if you don't buy the matching boxspring? It's true.

here is a little tidbit for you, Did you know bat companies are on record saying a composite bat is only supposed to last 1 year.

This statement means nothing....saying a bat "is supposed to last 1 year" could mean 100 different things to a 100 different people depending on who is swinging the bat and how much it is used.

If a guy uses a bat once per week from march 2010 to august 2010 and then puts it away, is it going to suddenly explode in march of 2011?

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
Correct, You have always been one of the smart ones here:D

So if they're going to argue that, then why do they have warranties for a whole year, or 400 days in Easton's case? If they truly felt that way, shouldn't the warranty only be good for 4-6 months? If they truly feel bats should only last a year, why not slap a "one time replacement" sticker on there?

MahdMan

Addicted to Softballfans
So if they're going to argue that, then why do they have warranties for a whole year, or 400 days in Easton's case? If they truly felt that way, shouldn't the warranty only be good for 4-6 months? If they truly feel bats should only last a year, why not slap a "one time replacement" sticker on there?

Soon, when you see bat companies offering no warranty on bats then you will know why he made the post today...

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
Soon, when you see bat companies offering no warranty on bats then you will know why he made the post today...

Nah, that's not really why he posted this. He's just giving hints to what I posted in post #8. The companies/associations are bracing and preparing for backlash from the softball community.

I would love if they went to no warranties. That is, if the retail price was cut in half

x25

Addicted to Softballfans

Combat already has a few lines of no warranty bats (Derby Boys and the Scott Brown 98 are the current ones) - and they retail for about $100 less as a result.

Warranty vs. No Warranty is a natural choice to offer the consumer, especially when a.) there's a significant price difference and b.) there's a ****load of warranty fraud going on.

Also, the "1-yr" thing is advertised - it's on the "BAT TIPS" thing at Scheel's and other big-box stores, and it's the natural conclusion you can draw from a 1-yr warranty. The conspiratorial will always be, even with evidence to the contrary. Jesus guys.

Smokies26

Manager
With everything said I think that everyone is looking way to deep into the warranties and the replacements. It is simply going to be their statement that "Bats are only made to last 1 year" and that is it. The fact that bats are still around is simply amazing is what the companies could say. Anyone could argue that.

MaverickAH

Time on my hands??, Im IN this industry. Judging from your post you seem to have more time than I

I probably do have more time since I'm convalescing from surgery.

Gee, NEWS FLASH! Composite bats have a finite lifespan! What would we do without you? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You're "IN the industry" & you've already had to correct yourself about the balls. Still waiting for you to have a truly enlightening prediction or thought! :p

backspin

Softball Fanatic
i've been using the same mayhem for like 3 years now. course i only play one max two games a week and occasional bp on weekends. no tournies no that i has wife and 2 year old.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
I probably do have more time since I'm convalescing from surgery.

Gee, NEWS FLASH! Composite bats have a finite lifespan! What would we do without you? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You're "IN the industry" & you've already had to correct yourself about the balls. Still waiting for you to have a truly enlightening prediction or thought! :p
Go back to bed and continue convalescing then. As far as correcting my self, I simply told the people here, yes all the ones that are far more informed than I, that a 300 compression is much closer to 265 than it is to 300. Its really the 275 ball but its marked 300.
Glad to see you taking the time to read all my posts again:rolleyes:

Smokies26

Manager
how does this guy sell anything?

Well when your product is as good, if not better, as anyone's its pretty easy. And not to mention the fact that he is on here is pretty cool. Dont remember every seeing Dudley or Worth ball makers on here ijs

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
Well when your product is as good, if not better, as anyone's its pretty easy. And not to mention the fact that he is on here is pretty cool. Dont remember every seeing Dudley or Worth ball makers on here ijs
Ok brown noser. I have nothing against Bobby Buggs at all EXCEPT when he starts false rumors and treats other members like complete garbage. Thats not good business. His whole rumor of "asa is gonna change the ball to 52/200 (or whatever) and allow 1.20 bats" etc. That **** really irks me. There is no point to it whatsoever.

Smokies26

Manager
Ok brown noser. I have nothing against Bobby Buggs at all EXCEPT when he starts false rumors and treats other members like complete garbage. Thats not good business. His whole rumor of "asa is gonna change the ball to 52/200 (or whatever) and allow 1.20 bats" etc. That **** really irks me. There is no point to it whatsoever.

Im not brown noising, you just asked how he sold anything and i answered it. And maybe its not good business practice, but a ton of people come on here and just say ridiculous stuff everyday. It gives us something to talk about.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor

NOT a false rumor at all Einstein, 52-300 minus 25;) was approved, the bats Will be next. As far As members here go remember my simple rule, Act like and ass expect to be treated like one. Thats not just in the world of message boards.

MaverickAH

An excellent rule to live by! Just realize that it's not exclusive.

Most of the vitriol you receive is reflective of your own.