Bat help.......

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Looking to find an AD Starr Nightmare Senior...... Can't track one down. Any help will be appreciated and you may just get a hug you'll never forget out of it.

Ken07

DeMarini/Wilson Sports Senior Pro
his name is kevin schullstrom and he works for ADstarr...goes by tattoball...if you go to the ssusa message board and post this, or in the senior section, Kevin might be able to help you out. One of the most durable senior bats made short barrell big endload. I fyou like that configuration, and dont mind the breakin time, it had a loyal following.

westtexas

"Godfather"
I own one but, it is with a buddy up in Borger Texas. It was a 28 ounce and I could never get the feel for it....I will try to track it back down...lol

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Kevin will be the first to tell you that the AD Starr Nightmare senior bat is the BEST available senior bat out there today.
I play 50 Major plus and have never seen someone use that bat against us. I owned one - I rank it somewhere in the middle of all the sr sticks I have hit. The Nightmare doesn't compete at all with the Dudleys, Adidas , worth WKD - in my opinion.

marcster13

Addicted to Softballfans
This bat is a log. Will last forever though. On a side note it can't be used in all senior associations so be sure to check. It can't be used in ssusa as an example.

Fennellwg

I have a 26oz nightmare that is 2 years old.
Endload appears to be nominal 1/2 oz.
Balance point and bat speed compare with swing of 27 oz Dudley, balanced.
The durability is hard to beat. I’ve got over 6000 swings on mine and used it all winter for BP.
The12 “ barrel has a lot of visible spider cracking but no audible rattles. The performance is still getting better.
It’s first year, performance was a step below a well broken-in Dudley 12”
At present, I would give the nightmare the nod over the Dudley for performance.
I don’t know how long either bat is going to last, but neither bat owes me anything.
I ve starting breaking in a new 27oz Dudley 12.
After 500 swings on the new Dudley, the nightmare is still better.
No way to tell, but I won’t be surprised if the nightmare lasts another year

-bill

Last edited:

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
So........Is the consensus that it's not as good as the Dudley Lightning? I have one that I swing in senior and it's nuts. I also play SSUSA tournament ball and the AD Starr is not allowed in it?

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
It's all a matter of preference.
I don't like the Dudley Lightning at all. Even the endloaded version is more of a balanced bat once you actually measure the balance point. The Nightmare has a short barrel and a nice endload, just like the old short shell PST, and until you get used to it, you will hit some off the taper ... at least I have (remember the taper dings on PSTs?)
The Nightmare will last forever. I use mine in BP to make me concentrate on getting the barrel of the bat around and when I get dialed in, the ball goes just as far or further than my Adidas. I'm just not a good enough hitter to have the confidence to swing it in games ... which was the same with me and short shell PSTs back in the day.

ETDave

Old School
So........Is the consensus that it's not as good as the Dudley Lightning? I have one that I swing in senior and it's nuts. I also play SSUSA tournament ball and the AD Starr is not allowed in it?

I do not see it on the SSUSA approved bat list.

Dogue

Evil Genius
It was on the approved list in the past but they don't keep paying SSUSA because they no longer make it...but it's also not on their banned list.

Speaking of that list; what is the Sportsmanshop Enterprises Monarch bat that is banned?