Need Help Bat I bought from seller not as described

Status
Not open for further replies.

moty0901

Starting Player
Im at work and received a bat today that I bought on here about a week ago. The seller stated in the listing "no issues at all". I have contacted the seller earlier today about the crack and waiting for a response.

After looking it over there was a noticeable but small paint crack on the barrel with glue over it. I really don't want to keep a broken bat. Do I ask for a refund then ship the bat back?

What should I do? I've never had this happen on here and not sure what others normally would do in my situation. :confused:

I paid with F&F paypal.

Thanks

Last edited:

bobber_1077

You tell the buyer to refund you what you paid PLUS your shipping costs to send back to him.
You shouldn't be out anything.

trip

stfu
post the link and post pics of what you received.

i'd screenshot the website saying what time it was delivered so he can't say yeah you took BP with it or some crap.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
Stand with your feet spread nice and wide and have a co-worker punt kick you in the nuts for not shipping as Goods/Services.

Then. Put some ice on them and take detailed pics of the bat received and post them. Do not post detailed pictures of your bozack on ice. Also, document when you contacted seller about buying and put a link in here to the sales thread.

We need details. What kind of bat. Exactly how it was described... Price. All of it.

Joker

yes he needs to refund you + your cost to ship the bat back to him and once you get the refund ship the bat back. kinda figured it was him, only guy i know on here that's in chico

moty0901

Starting Player
yes he needs to refund you + your cost to ship the bat back to him and once you get the refund ship the bat back. kinda figured it was him, only guy i know on here that's in chico

Got it, thank you.

If he does not agree to this do I file an "unauthorized claim" in PayPal?

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
PP won't do **** if you sent the funds as a gift. If you try, and explain that you used gift for a purchase to bypass the fees they may lock your PP account and audit it.

The other question is this. Do you know what the cost of the individual bats was or are you shipping the whole pair back to him. That is a $25 bill all day long +confirmation/insurance to be safe.

moty0901

Starting Player
PP won't do **** if you sent the funds as a gift. If you try, and explain that you used gift for a purchase to bypass the fees they may lock your PP account and audit it.

The other question is this. Do you know what the cost of the individual bats was or are you shipping the whole pair back to him. That is a $25 bill all day long +confirmation/insurance to be safe.

I would only ship back the broken bat.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
1. Unless you want to give him money, please quit using PP friends and family.

2. Is he not willing to make the deal right? I would talk to person you bought bat from first and make sure he'll make it right.

Joker

Im at work and received a bat today that I bought on here about a week ago. The seller stated in the listing "no issues at all". I have contacted the seller earlier today about the crack and waiting for a response.

After looking it over there was a noticeable but small paint crack on the barrel with glue over it. I really don't want to keep a broken bat. Do I ask for a refund then ship the bat back?

What should I do? I've never had this happen on here and not sure what others normally would do in my situation. :confused:

I paid with F&F paypal.

Thanks

2. Is he not willing to make the deal right? I would talk to person you bought bat from first and make sure he'll make it right.

1.there used to a be a thread by sonic stickied everywhere in the marketplace saying not to do it. it appears to be gone now

2.he already has

moty0901

Starting Player

1. Lesson learned.
2. I sent him a message. I made this thread because I wasn't sure what to do.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
1. Lesson learned.
2. I sent him a message. I made a post because I wasn't sure what exactly to do.

Just looks like we are jumping the gun a bit. Let's give him a chance to make it right. If not, then we can post images of cracks and screenshots of delivery. :biggthumpup:

If you need anything, don't be afraid to PM me.

moty0901

Starting Player
Just looks like we are jumping the gun a bit. Let's give him a chance to make it right then we can post images of cracks and screenshots of delivery. :biggthumpup:

If you need anything, don't be afraid to PM me.

I wanted to know what to demand of him. Normally, I ship the bat back then he sends refund. Now I know for sure what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.