Bat Weights

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
New to senior softball. I normally swing 29 or 30 oz bats. I've tried 3 Senior bats in 30oz and none of them come close to performing as good as my regular 1.20 BPF USSSA bats. I am told that some tourneys don't allow the 1.20 bats though, so looking for a Senior bat.

I do see my friends swinging Senior bats and getting better performance out of the Senior bats vs their regular USSSA bats.

Anyone else notice the lighter bats being better than the heavy bats? Does anyone even swing the heavier bats? LOL

Looking for advice on which model bat to try next in the heavier weight. Tried 1-piece Ultra II, Dudley Lightning (Blue/orange) and I forget the other one. Also swung a couple lighter ones, but dropping 4oz isn't a fair review on a bat.

I tend to prefer the feel of Worth 13.5" barrel with 0.5oz EL......would go to a balanced bat before going to a full 1 oz EL. Never been a fan of Easton.

Thanks in advance for any tips.....

longball101

Part Time Player
I haven't found a SR bat that doesn't out perform a U-trip bat, not saying there isn't one out there. And I was carrying a U-trip bat that was hot as a back-up to my SR bat at one point. Do you prefer a 1pc over a 2pc? There are plenty of heavy SR bats out there. Were the ones you tried out broken in compared to your broken in U-trip?

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I put a bunch of swings on the Dudley. The U2 is pretty new. The other I can't remember.

1pc vs 2pc doesn't matter to me. I do not like a lot of flex in the handle though.

I swing an EST and an OG Revex right now. Both still test at 250-260.

longball101

Part Time Player
I just got an AT18 Sr bat, wiuld love to swing one in the 28oz, have an Adidas Melee in 27;5 coming in, you should see if you can find someone that has one of these, very hot bat...as are the new Suncoast Melee's

longball101

Part Time Player
But, if you're hitting good with your U-trip, why fix what ain't broken? Before I started stocking up on SR bats, I was carrying the Easton FF2 and Worth Comp EST XL U-trips as my back-up bats, but no doubt that the SR bats are hotter, but I wouldn't hesitate to swing wither of those two if I needed. Getting out of playing a lot of U-trip so it's time to trade/sell

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
You can still pick up a 30oz EL Melee (the gray/lime green) around if you look. Unfortunately the prices haven't come down that much in the four or five years since it came out. Great bat though...my all-time favorite. Wish I could get them cheaper though. Even the light blue Melee Reloaded was pretty decent (and cheaper) and can get it in 29.5oz if you look hard enough. Good luck.

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
New to senior softball. I normally swing 29 or 30 oz bats. I've tried 3 Senior bats in 30oz and none of them come close to performing as good as my regular 1.20 BPF USSSA bats. I am told that some tourneys don't allow the 1.20 bats though, so looking for a Senior bat.

I do see my friends swinging Senior bats and getting better performance out of the Senior bats vs their regular USSSA bats.

Anyone else notice the lighter bats being better than the heavy bats? Does anyone even swing the heavier bats? LOL

Looking for advice on which model bat to try next in the heavier weight. Tried 1-piece Ultra II, Dudley Lightning (Blue/orange) and I forget the other one. Also swung a couple lighter ones, but dropping 4oz isn't a fair review on a bat.

I tend to prefer the feel of Worth 13.5" barrel with 0.5oz EL......would go to a balanced bat before going to a full 1 oz EL. Never been a fan of Easton.

Thanks in advance for any tips.....

Sounds like you just have to try as many as you can till one feels right.
For me, you can't go wrong with Adidas/Suncoast bats. OG Dudley's, if you can find them,
are very good too. The latest model Miken Johnny Bailey has good reviews. I have a brand new
one of those & a 12" Suncoast that I've yet to swing. As far as people swinging 29/30's in senior ball
there's not too many. I'm 57 and still do when models come in that size. Less & less are.

Finally, unless SSUSA has changed the rule, you can swing your utrip sticks if you're comfortable with those.
If I remember correctly the rule states, any bat labeled BPF 1.21 or lower. So the 1.20 USSSA bats are good.
Just be prepared to hear some rumblings if you start bombing away with a utrip bat. Undoubtedly, someone will
start chirping about it being shaved.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
You can still pick up a 30oz EL Melee (the gray/lime green) around if you look. Unfortunately the prices haven't come down that much in the four or five years since it came out. Great bat though...my all-time favorite. Wish I could get them cheaper though. Even the light blue Melee Reloaded was pretty decent (and cheaper) and can get it in 29.5oz if you look hard enough. Good luck.
Bigcat21 currently has a 29.5 adidas reloaded on the block