Batting gloves? Best and most durable?

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
I know I'm in the minority here, but.... I don't wear any batting gloves (for hitting or under my fielding glove), I just never liked the feeling.

However, my son wears the Rawlings Workhorse ones and he likes them.

-G

arther itis

payin' to get paid
best slide to ever beat the tag

giphy.gif

r8dr_rider

I still don't understand how you are ruining batting gloves by sliding...
Not ruining gloves, but do get wear and tear when sliding feet first and my left palm drags. Over time this will wear the glove. Looking for a glove that’s has some extra padding on the palm to extend life.

rj_brown77

Addicted to Softballfans
I used to be an advocate for Rawlings Workhorse, but I switched to Nike MVP pro. They're more comfortable and last just as long.

chile

Bad Ape
Didn't have time to read the replies, but I like Mechanix gloves. I have the overlap grip and they seem to hold up better than regular batting gloves for me.

yup, for long bp sessions, the mechanix are gtg...otherwise, i'm using rawlings workhorses if I want to use actual BG's for bp sessions...

jhitman

yup, for long bp sessions, the mechanix are gtg...otherwise, i'm using rawlings workhorses if I want to use actual BG's for bp sessions...

The mechanix are really durable, but as much as I hit, I still can't get them to last as long as I'd like. If I used regular store bought gloves I would need to get a 2nd job just to afford batting gloves....LOL

D-ROCK13

Steer clear of the Franklin 2nd skins gloves. They grip decent and are comfortable, but, with a drop pinky overlap I tore a hole through them, in 2 games and 1 bp session

Tactical

I had two pairs of Nike "Force Edge" batting gloves start tearing after about 8 games of use each. Ridiculously low quality but they sure looked cool. Bought a pair of Franklin CFX Pro gloves and they lasted the entire remainder of summer and fall leagues. They're still in great shape.

dunkky

Hate to be that guy, but I started using the "Firm Grip" brand deer skin gloves from Home Depot a few weeks ago. Instantly like them, and they've been a fun conversation piece so far :D

this. pig skin ain't bad either, but deer skin is best. and this thing is very durable.

FLEET

bowling ball nut swanga
I know I'm in the minority here, but.... I don't wear any batting gloves (for hitting or under my fielding glove), I just never liked the feeling.

me neither. makes me feel douchey like the homo pitching to me

CoachDH

I’d avoid Easton for batting gloves. They fall apart at the wrist.

It all depends on what usage you’re looking at: game only gloves should be thin palm (if needed) and Bp gloves should have a palm pad to protect from blisters.

I like the Franklin MLB Powerstrap gloves for games and the Under Armour Clutchfit or Motive 3 for Bp.

Have you seen #Truletic Batting Gloves. They have protection throughout gloves. Developed by hand surgeons, its pretty cool technology. You should check them out online.

CoachDH

I have seen that this glove company Truletic did a comparison against evo-shield in testing batthing glove safety. Also smashed hand wearing the glove with a hammer in a video lol.

BSBR

Starting Player
I ordered a pair of Seibertron B-A-R PRO 2.0 and have been really impressed by the durability. Great gloves for under $20.

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
Louisville makes some decent batting gloves as does Franklin. Franklin has made quality gloves forever. I don’t like too much padding as I lose feel of the bat but regardless of the padding I’m going to tear the palms from doing lots of BP. I drop my pinkie so the knob sits right in the palm.

D-ROCK13

I have had problems with every brand of batting gloves, tearing in the palm from drop pinkie. I've been using cheap knock off mechanics gloves(hyper tech i believe), 5 dollars a pair, fast fit/no strap. One pair lasted all last year, bp and 3 different league double headers a week, and still no sign of wearing out in the palm or fingers

ShortYellowBus

What exactly do you expect from a sport of grown men in their forties throwing underhand?

Is it the 3mph change up that’s makes you want to hustle all of a sudden? Relax.

Have a beer.