Bears to start Jay Cutler

DRock88

What's the problem here?
He wasn't playing bad before he got hurt. McCown has also played well. It's Cutler's job. That's how the business works. Cutler is a high risk, high reward QB.

I hate Cutler, mostly because I've always crushed on Kristin Cavallari. **** him.

Hambo

Starting Player
Imagine if the Bears pick up AJ McCarron in a later round as a developmental pick (not completely unreasonable)

The Bear's quarterbacks wives would include Kristin Cavallari and Katherine Webb... There might not be a better duo in the league

Hambo

Starting Player
That Carl's Jr commercial is ridiculous... my girlfriend doesn't even get mad when I don't pay attention while that commercial is on

EdFred

every day I'm shovelin'
He wasn't playing bad before he got hurt. McCown has also played well. It's Cutler's job. That's how the business works. Cutler is a high risk, high reward QB.

I hate Cutler, mostly because I've always crushed on Kristin Cavallari. **** him.

My sister shared a chartered plane with them in Africa right after they got engaged and he wussed out of that game. She didn't give him **** for it. (She's a bigger sports fan than I am)

EdFred

every day I'm shovelin'
They have to win the division to make playoffs rite??

They haven't been officially eliminated from a wild card spot, but they have to win out, and Carolina has to lose out, and Arizona to lose a couple.

Edit: They could tie with Cleveland this weekend, and win the next two. But any loss and they are eliminated from the WC.

Last edited:

TRaj2327

I'm sick of Cutler. It's not that I think he's a little *****, because he's not. He is a tough dude, it's just that his mechanics are just so inconsistent and frequently horrible. I can't stand how Cutler has little to no pocket presence, he throws off his back foot constantly, and he makes poor decisions. Everything about McCown has looked better this year. Sure, he's been a career backup, but something has clicked and the guy is in beast mode.

Just because he is our "starter" doesn't make Cutler the shoe in to start if he is healthy. Look how Tom Brady got his start. Same thing for Albert Pujols. It happens all the time.

Hardees > Carl's Jr

Same ****, isn't it?

Orton > Cutler > McCown

GTFO with that bull-ka-ka. Orton sucked.

Marshenko

That's ****ing awesome. Look at how Tom Brady and Albert Pujols got their start, Josh McCown. Never forget.

3XC

Big Truss
McCowns age and nothing else is the reason why he is viewed as a disposable QB, or not a viable future starter, or anything but a breakout stud. If he was 26 and not 34, he'd be getting carried around the Bears facility in a sedan chair by beefy eunuchs.

The fact that some other team, any other team, is gonna give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Kirk Cousins instead of a 4th or 5th or 6h rounder for McCown to start in 2013 is why some franchises stay steady awful and some consistently win.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, there's no risk with a 34-yo journeyman QB that hasn't done **** his entire career but somehow has found some success with a QB whispering coach while throwing balls to Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett and Forte.

And why would the Bears trade him in the first place? A 5th rounder or backup QB that knows the system and plays in it well. That's a toughie....

Marshenko

His age and the rest of his career, you mean.
Also, lets stop sucking his nuts about what he did versus a historically bad defense. Dallas' D is one of, if not the worst of the past decade. Big ****ing deal. Last in total yards, 28th in rushing defense, last in pass defense. Pump the breaks a little bit.

I'd say it'd be more realistic to compare McCown to how Kurt Warner got his start and not how Brady and Pujols got their starts. :D But that is still even a stretch.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
I'm sick of Cutler. It's not that I think he's a little *****, because he's not. He is a tough dude, it's just that his mechanics are just so inconsistent and frequently horrible. I can't stand how Cutler has little to no pocket presence, he throws off his back foot constantly, and he makes poor decisions. Everything about McCown has looked better this year. Sure, he's been a career backup, but something has clicked and the guy is in beast mode.

Just because he is our "starter" doesn't make Cutler the shoe in to start if he is healthy. Look how Tom Brady got his start. Same thing for Albert Pujols. It happens all the time.

Same ****, isn't it?

GTFO with that bull-ka-ka. Orton sucked.

did you just call mccown tom brady?

cutler was on pace for a 30+ td season before getting hurt. he finally had been given all the pieces necessary to have some modecum of success. if you don't keep cutler its because you think he's injury prone. his mechanics were better before he got hurt because when you have confidence in your line, you are more relaxed and work better.

mccown is the backup. a 35 yr old gym teacher who has been able to play .500 football against some of the easiest pass d's in the history of the footballs.

the funny part is they are starting jay against an actually pretty decent pass d.

Marshenko

No it wouldn't. McCown has been in the league for ****ing 10 years or something.
3XC actually had it pretty spot on with the Steve Beuerlein comparison.