Best ASA Miken

gharri30

The Rookie
I've seen a lot of Miken's being used in the league I play and wanted to get your opinion on the best Miken. Looking to hit the long ball. Thanks guys.

gharri30

The Rookie
anyone have a link to the freak 98 and recoil so i know exactly which ones you guys are talking about?

Edit: actually links to any of the bats you guys are listing would be great. I'm new to the slow pitch softball scene and I'm still trying to figure out whats what. thanks.

eabecker

Bat Huer
Recoil > freak98 > NRG for me. All get nasty hot by 1K hits. Plan on lots of break in time for all of them.

gharri30

The Rookie
Is there a certain Recoil I need to look for? Going to see if I can find someone using tonight and see if they'll let me take some cuts with it. Also is the Recoil balance or endloaded or both?

lamsw

Addicted to Softballfans
Is there a certain Recoil I need to look for? Going to see if I can find someone using tonight and see if they'll let me take some cuts with it. Also is the Recoil balance or endloaded or both?

They made a red Recoil for ASA and an orange Recoil for USSSA. They also made them with two different flex ratings: DFR 180 and DFR 250. The 250 was commonly referred as Maxload, and the 180 as Balanced; but each have the same balance point and endload. The 180 has more handle flex than the 250.

The most fragile part of the bat will be the tiny ASA certification emblems right next to the endcap. There's a good chance they wear off before the bat gets anywhere near the end of its life.

gharri30

The Rookie
They made a red Recoil for ASA and an orange Recoil for USSSA. They also made them with two different flex ratings: DFR 180 and DFR 250. The 250 was commonly referred as Maxload, and the 180 as Balanced; but each have the same balance point and endload. The 180 has more handle flex than the 250.

The most fragile part of the bat will be the tiny ASA certification emblems right next to the endcap. There's a good chance they wear off before the bat gets anywhere near the end of its life.

Thanks. That helps a lot. As far as flex goes, what is the difference in flex going to affect? Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to softball and trying to figure things out.

jbar2845

Officer Friendly

I would have to disagree with that....I've swung both 180 and 250. 250 definatley has more of an endload feel to it IMO.

lamsw

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks. That helps a lot. As far as flex goes, what is the difference in flex going to affect? Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to softball and trying to figure things out.

The theory is that more handle flex helps people with slow swing speeds.

zonk55

Addicted to Softballfans
2001 OG Velocit-e Maxload. The small SS is toward the endcap; if you find it the 44/375 will fly.