Best Batting Gloves for Overlapping Grips

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Due to location of padding (if any)
Looseness or tightness of the glove (fingers and palms)
What are some of the best batting gloves to us with a overlapping grip.

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans

Was using Mechanix M-pact gloves which have taken me 3+ seasons to semi-wear out, but wanted to try something a little lower profile. Had some old Dead On Phantom Grip gloves with the 3-fingerless design. They don't have any padding, but they have asphalt PVC grip, which seems to be as durable as the Mpact gloves.

Very nice feel, and to compensate for the lack of padding, I tapered my bat with an old bat grip instead of a knobgrip or GNR lite taper.

Works like a charm.

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
Serious as cancer, But on the Real with a overlap grip some gloves may have their pads located in the right or wrong place and does the fit either tight or lose is better or not.

Ok then. I say work gloves with the tacky palm side. No padding so no worries. Not good for BP though.

chacha15

rec chip
4445903395_22b9669cc1.jpg

shopofpop

SBF member since 2004
Try a Whip Strip in addition to your favorite batting gloves. Thousands swear by it.

Have seen guys who struggled with overlap & never hit one out before, hit it out using Whip Strip.

Check it out here www.WhipStrip.com or PM Coach as the store sells them too!

Erik

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Work gloves get too loose and start tearing apart for me. I like my gloves like my women, stay form fitted, no padding or extra plastic/rubbery crap hanging off. $20 Nike's have been working great so far. Had some Louisville Slugger TPS that blew apart in no time.

Ok, that's a lie, I like a little padding on my women....

RobinMichaels

Addicted to Softballfans
I stick with my Mechanix. My last pair lasted almost 3 seasons. The last pair of actual batting gloves did not even make it through half a season.

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
I stick with my Mechanix. My last pair lasted almost 3 seasons. The last pair of actual batting gloves did not even make it through half a season.

This for me as well. I use Mechanix or work gloves for bp so my batting gloves will actually make it through the season.

jhitman

I've used the overlapping grip for years and I find the Mechanix gloves with the palm padding work best.