Best Single wall bat?

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
I'm assuming ASA...

Go with an Anderson NanoTek. They're very durable, and are built to the limits of ASA performance. If you don't like the small knob, Anderson makes a knob wrap, which makes the knob the same size as most others.

OG NanoTek: slightly endloaded, SS further down the barrel than you're used to, which can throw people off. One piece.
NanoTek Alpha: Balanced, has a stiff composite handle.
NanoTek Omega: Endloaded, has a stiff composite handle.

If you want a cheaper option, DeMarini has:

White Steel: Very endloaded, composite handle.
Raw Steel: Very endloaded, aluminum handle.

The problem with the DeMarinis is that they are not durable at all, but they sure do perform well.

Check with your singlewall league before buying any of these, some leagues don't allow them.

jrbmagoo

I'm assuming ASA...

Go with an Anderson NanoTek. They're very durable, and are built to the limits of ASA performance. If you don't like the small knob, Anderson makes a knob wrap, which makes the knob the same size as most others.

OG NanoTek: slightly endloaded, SS further down the barrel than you're used to, which can throw people off. One piece.
NanoTek Alpha: Balanced, has a stiff composite handle.
NanoTek Omega: Endloaded, has a stiff composite handle.

If you want a cheaper option, DeMarini has:

White Steel: Very endloaded, composite handle.
Raw Steel: Very endloaded, aluminum handle.

The problem with the DeMarinis is that they are not durable at all, but they sure do perform well.

Check with your singlewall league before buying any of these, some leagues don't allow them.

Your correct with the ASA assumption. THey don't have like a banned list or anything just want it to be single wall.

obiwan

11 Bravo
If you can find one, green TPS Ritch's Superior. Otherwise like you said Easton. The red/gray redline sz1 model I think it was.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Personally I prefer the WhiteSteel as I have not spent the time with the Nano to learn how to hit it.

WS is very endloaded and flexy composite handle.

For old school I prefer the Worth Team LightHouse SuperCell2 :D

Blueman

Star Player
I swung an asa nano last week for the 1st time and was pretty pleased with it. Was hitting whatever crap ball BLD Mansfield uses and I got some above average distance with it. (was soft tossing flies to warm up team) Being a singlewall, I was impressed. I heard white steels are awesome but have never swung one. Nano was pretty darn good though.

M

MJL 00

og White Steel---DONE...got 3500 hits out of my first one, and no im not a singles hitter...Nano rocks also.

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
First

singlewalllist-1.png

stickin2j

Good clean family fun
Definitely check with your league before buying a redline, as the better ones have a composite reinforcement, hence the c-core.

jrbmagoo

The funny part is for many years it was supposed to be just singel wall but as long as it was stamped ASA the commish has allowed. Well for what ever reason after som 10-15 years he is claiming that if a team protests then rules will apply. I have 3 ASA bats just no single walls. So really just want one in the event that I HAVE to use it.

stickin2j

Good clean family fun
The funny part is for many years it was supposed to be just singel wall but as long as it was stamped ASA the commish has allowed. Well for what ever reason after som 10-15 years he is claiming that if a team protests then rules will apply. I have 3 ASA bats just no single walls. So really just want one in the event that I HAVE to use it.

So it has to have the 2004 stamp? If so, I'm pretty sure that eliminates the Ritch's and the original c-cores, and probably a few others that have been thrown out.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
So it has to have the 2004 stamp? If so, I'm pretty sure that eliminates the Ritch's and the original c-cores, and probably a few others that have been thrown out.

Looks like it just has to be ASA stamped, so that could be 2000 or 2004. I'd be careful with pre-2000 bats, just because it sounds like that might be sticky.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
That list still has the model # for the Redline wrong :p

(it's a C-Core model, so it should actually read SZ1-C)

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Any real difference between years of demarini white/raw steels? See some people saying og but I thought they are all the same specs from year to year. I have the black barrel/silver handle white steel and think it's a great bat.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
Any real difference between years of demarini white/raw steels? See some people saying og but I thought they are all the same specs from year to year. I have the black barrel/silver handle white steel and think it's a great bat.

I think there were variances from year to year. The OG seems to get alot of love as well as the "Black" Steel. I'm not overly familiar with the Steels, so can't comment on year to year changes. I thought one year the sound deadening foam was removed or tweaked, as well as some other changes. I have noticed that the maroon doesn't seem to get alot of love compared to the others.

jtepn87

Addicted to Softballfans
Easton Ti-phoon!!!!!!! :) No joke. I have an og White Steel that was pretty impressive till the end cap popped off. It had a few thousand hits on it and was used as a team bat for about 2-3 years hitting 44. 375's.

whjs416

Addicted to Softballfans
I have always loved the White Steele, but recently have grown to love the old EST's ( I know they are double wall but most metal leagues allow them) and you can pic one up cheap on the board somewhere. But the popular single wall since 08 has def been the White steele.