Boombah Showstopper

MF'N MGR

Addicted to Softballfans
If really sponsored by Elite, they wouldnt let that happen. I hope anyway. People dont really include company names unless they were sponsored do they?

it just looks good: Smash Bros/Kinda Demarini/Raj's Discount Tobacco/Avia/#12

Code3

Lots of hating on this thread. No issues or complaints with Boombah so far. They've held up for us.

Fury21

Chillin in the QC
some of the earlier boombahs like from 2007 and 08 were comfortable but not durable.
ever since they hired a full time shoe developer the newer stuff has been money. i have no issues with the resistance turfs or faction trails from boombah and have been more than happy with comfort and durability.
i know they spend a lot of $$$$$ on the r&d side of their turfs. unlike most of the other companies out there BOOMBAH own and develop their own molds and designs (meaning upper and lowers of the shoe)

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1249339&highlight=boombah

gacane

Banned User
Well i guess all of us that have had bad shoes from boombah are wrong. Too many people in this thread and other ones saying the the same thing.......

Fury21

Chillin in the QC
lot's of people complain about adidas-nike-new balance etc...... and then other's sing the praises of those brands
different shoes 4 different folks that's all
don't sweat it cus!

Last edited:

gacane

Banned User
No sweat here cus, just making sure that other people know about the bad quaility!!!!!!!!!!

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
I go through at least 2 pairs of boombah's every year. I do feel I get my money's worth out of them though. I play league 3-5 nights a week, tournaments on weekends, and BP as much as possible. After wearing them so much at tournies and such the bottoms do wear down/out. I've had the sides blow out, I've had some issues, true. However, I'm not paying $120 a pair, and I do beat the living snot out of them. I feel it is a fair deal, plus I'm comfortable in them all weekend long. I order them and 2 days later they are on my porch like clock work. I've heard all the bitching about every turf out there, but boombah's look the best IMO. They might not be the Rolls Royce of turfs, but they are good enough for the girls I go with. Cheap, dependable, comfortable temporary cleats. My teams change colors every year anyway, I can't rock orange turfs on an all Royal and white team haha.

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked
the only issue i've had with my boombahs, and i've owned 4 different pairs (i was spoiled living in Lockport before i moved), especially with the Rage, there is ZERO cushion. maybe just the insoles, maybe it's the actual sole of the shoe is just too hard, maybe i just needed to replace the insoles boombah gives and put in my own. sure, i've had them come apart at the toe where the toe rubber wraps up and over, but every damn pair of shoes does that. that being said, unless boombah comes out with the second coming of jesus in footwear, i'm sticking the more comfortable, and slightly cheaper, adidas.

G Rat

Baller on a Budget
I only wear my Adidas! Kanadia tr4 were nice but the knobs on the bottom kept comin off. So I went to the vigor2's. they are legit. But my newest pair of the KX tr's are nice and come in half sizes cuz a 12 was a tad too small. And the new line of kx tr's are only $42 plus shipping. I got mine 2nd day air shipped out the door for $53. Look em up on the Adidas website they are legit. Super light and comfy and have great grip in the infield, turf and grass

The new Vigor 3.0 has the soles from the kx tr. I'm a big fan of the Vigor 2.0 and will be grabbing a couple more pairs this year. Brazilian river sells half sizes in the Vigor.

After owning 2 pairs of boombah turfs/trails I'll stay away until the durability gets better.

kf16

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a couple pairs of Boombah Flash turf and those are still holding up. Got the Rage trails last year. Loved them. Unfortunately they only lasted half a season before the nubs were completely worn down. I am looking at trying the Resistance Trail next.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
I have had every turf shoe since they came out but I still only wear the Boombahs. Last year 2 pairs of rage turf shoes and this year it looks like 2 pairs of the new show stoppers .:D

Code3

Those Adidas are sick but for my teams color scheme Boombah seems to fit our needs and as i've previously stated has yet to let us down. However after potentially ordering 15 pairs of those Showstoppers, I was shocked that they were charging us over $50 bucks in shipping and offered no discount in ordering 15 pairs.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ive had better luck with the bigger name brand shoes (mizunos, NewBalances) than i have with boombah and elites. my current turfs are Tanel RPM lites and they also seem to be a step above in quality vs the boombah and elites IMO. i understand bright colors are in fashion right now, but those new boombahs look like something a 13yr old girl would wear.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I go through at least 2 pairs of boombah's every year. I do feel I get my money's worth out of them though. I play league 3-5 nights a week, tournaments on weekends, and BP as much as possible. After wearing them so much at tournies and such the bottoms do wear down/out. I've had the sides blow out, I've had some issues, true. However, I'm not paying $120 a pair, and I do beat the living snot out of them. I feel it is a fair deal, plus I'm comfortable in them all weekend long. I order them and 2 days later they are on my porch like clock work. I've heard all the bitching about every turf out there, but boombah's look the best IMO. They might not be the Rolls Royce of turfs, but they are good enough for the girls I go with. Cheap, dependable, comfortable temporary cleats. My teams change colors every year anyway, I can't rock orange turfs on an all Royal and white team haha.

This is why Boombah has a great business model. They know that we're a bunch of fancy boys who want to all wear matching outfits and they have that market cornered.

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
This is why Boombah has a great business model. They know that we're a bunch of fancy boys who want to all wear matching outfits and they have that market cornered.

It is certainly a niche trait for them. Seems to be working. I don't think about my cleats the way I do about my bat and fielding glove. Those I want to last, but cleats I just want to give me traction and look good. (even if it is only in my opinion that they look good haha) I will admit the padding in them sucks. I've had heel bruises from warn out padding before, but out of at least a dozen pairs that I've had, that was the only pair. It also was the only pair of Boombah's that the nubs on the heel and toe out lasted anything else on the shoe.

All things considered, I'm a Boombah advocate for sure. I do have a pair of the Adidas too and they are indeed very comfortable. I like the look of the boombah better.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Guy one our team has been wearing his boombahs for a couple of years now. Seem to be holding up fine. Another guy picked up a pair for him and his wife. He made it through the last half of spring and all of fall plus tournaments with no problems.

I bought a pair of elites and they seem to be holding up pretty well, and are very comfortable (once I took the insole out and put a gel insole in). No complaints. Guess i am just lucky

Now on the other hand I got a pair of bass turfs on the cheap. 1 hr and the turf spike were seperating from the shoe. LOL

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess i am a tool because i would wear the green ones or a pair of orange ones :(