Bring yer own , or "Any" 52 C0R leagues

tonys1

Until the scorekeeper shows up with balls that have been broiling in his trunk all day. Why won't LD's just buy the same balls for everyone and give every team the equivalent of 2 new balls per games in the season? That way all the balls are the same.

D-ROCK13

Until the scorekeeper shows up with balls that have been broiling in his trunk all day. Why won't LD's just buy the same balls for everyone and give every team the equivalent of 2 new balls per games in the season? That way all the balls are the same.

As much as you're paying in dues, they should give each team a dozen new balls per game :eek:

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
This is kinda how it works here.. with our entry fees league provides each team with one new ball for each game scheduled, ball are given to teams prior to season opener along with scorebooks, lineup cards.. game time each team gives ump one new ball ump also has one new ball and of course a butt load of used balls.
We dont pay as much as you guys but @ around $1000 for 18 to 21 games (depending how generous they feel) and a postioning round then city toruney

tonys1

$2250 for 12 games :(

You guys have it good. Our scorekeeper supplies balls, one is new, the other is beat to hell.

r8dr_rider

^how much do you pay???

$60 a player for a 12 man roster is high for me

I end up eating some costs by end of each season. Wife hate me for that

tonys1

12 man roster it's $190 per player. Might need to fork over another $80-$120 to the team total if we play more than 5 playoff games as we pay $40 per game for umps ourselves.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
12 man roster it's $190 per player. Might need to fork over another $80-$120 to the team total if we play more than 5 playoff games as we pay $40 per game for umps ourselves.

Outrageous. That might be the most expensive league I've ever heard of. I'd hope you get to play on world class fields and hit brand new pearls every game.... and have major league quality umping.

tonys1

HAHAHHAAHAHAHAH no! 2/5 fields we play on are respectable and the umps are a joke. At least 3 of them this year told us it's their first game ever, don't be so hard on them. It's all profit for the LD.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
$2250 for 12 games :(

You guys have it good. Our scorekeeper supplies balls, one is new, the other is beat to hell.

$1500 for 20 double-headers + playoffs, umpires and two dozen balls supplied. You're getting screwed.

jhitman

.52 nx3's are the way to go.. evils are good , but the yellow on the cover always comes off to show white.. so we no longer use them.

I agree as most of my practice balls are Evil's and there is some flaking on quite a few of them. I think it comes from taking a lot of BP and using the same balls over and over.....basically normal wear and tear.

Last edited:

D-ROCK13

It's 45 - 50 per person, 14 games and single elimination tourney, for 12 people here, depending on how many balls the coach asks you to pitch in on. Usually we add 1 ball cost per player

Country469

I've never once had an evil cover have an issue. In 10 years. Have they not flown the best at times, yes. Have they ever not been the most durable cover on the market, no.

Once again when people say **** that that is opposite of what 99% of softball says, they are usually just lying for attention or lying cuz their swing is trash

Chris_R

I Thought I Reacted Well
It's 45 - 50 per person, 14 games and single elimination tourney, for 12 people here, depending on how many balls the coach asks you to pitch in on. Usually we add 1 ball cost per player

That's how my old tournament team did it. When everyone put in their piece of the entry fee, we tacked an extra $5 on to buy a dozen balls. Between that and everyone usually having a bunch of balls in their bags we were never hurting.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
I've never once had an evil cover have an issue. In 10 years. Have they not flown the best at times, yes. Have they ever not been the most durable cover on the market, no.

Once again when people say **** that that is opposite of what 99% of softball says, they are usually just lying for attention or lying cuz their swing is trash

only time i've ever seen a problem with the cover is when they hit asphalt or something else that acts like sandpaper. i hit some ultimate evils in a cage that had a really rough ground and wore through some of the cover. would have done it to any ball and i knew the risk going in.

D-ROCK13

ive found a few evils with the covers flaking and peeling, but they had been laying in a muddy ditch in the weather for who knows how long. Had a few rip from endcap hits and fences but zns and gold dots do that too...

jstn8887

Addicted to Softballfans
Around here (North Texas), you have to buy different balls for pretty much every park at which you play. I think it is because of concerns about restitched balls being used in the past. It's harder to buy a restitched ball with a park logo on it in addition to the association stamp than a restitched ball with just the association stamp on it.

Unfortunately, this results in a lot of parks using cheap balls (the plastic covered .52s) so that they can make some additional profit on every ball they sell. I only know of 2 parks around here that require you hit their ball that use a good ball (Classic M Thunder ZN). Personally, I'd rather hit a good composite covered Classic Plus than a Thunder ZN, but I feel I'm in the minority here.

blakcherry329

Around here (North Texas), you have to buy different balls for pretty much every park at which you play. I think it is because of concerns about restitched balls being used in the past. It's harder to buy a restitched ball with a park logo on it in addition to the association stamp than a restitched ball with just the association stamp on it.

Unfortunately, this results in a lot of parks using cheap balls (the plastic covered .52s) so that they can make some additional profit on every ball they sell. I only know of 2 parks around here that require you hit their ball that use a good ball (Classic M Thunder ZN). Personally, I'd rather hit a good composite covered Classic Plus than a Thunder ZN, but I feel I'm in the minority here.
Restitching a ball is a thing??? I've never heard of that in my life.

Country469

When I was an evil rep I had a few who legit asked me about this and how to aquire them. Literally, the labor involved was so much and so intensive that you'd be better off bribing an umpire

bndawgs

President-Elect
had a team here do the whole re-stitching thing. ended up getting caught when a base runner got hit in the head with the ball and had to go to the hospital.

Country469

Surely you have proof of this? Because of a lawsuit, and the testing data that proved it was the wrong core and such.
Surely you wouldn't just make **** up or repeat hearsay

tonys1

Holy ****!?!?!? Is this a Beverly Hills league???? That's crazy.

Not even close - just greedy owner. You don’t know how bad it is until you see something else or league admin stuff start to suck (no idea when our next game is, box scores missing for 3-4 weeks at a time, scorekeepers not showing up, pull out some used balls from your bags and play, etc).