Bring yer own , or "Any" 52 C0R leagues

blakcherry329

Not even close - just greedy owner. You don’t know how bad it is until you see something else or league admin stuff start to suck (no idea when our next game is, box scores missing for 3-4 weeks at a time, scorekeepers not showing up, pull out some used balls from your bags and play, etc).
And you put up with this, why??? For that much money, everything should run smoothly or you guys should be banging on his door to find out why. What would the owner do if you all just decided not to get in the league next year? Things might change, I think.

tonys1

And you put up with this, why??? For that much money, everything should run smoothly or you guys should be banging on his door to find out why. What would the owner do if you all just decided not to get in the league next year? Things might change, I think.

That's the plan - all leagues are expensive here, they run as businesses for profit, that's the reality of playing ball here. We never really inquired in the past, stuck in our "bubble", but some buddies got to play in another league this year, myself in different one as well and while the money is relatively the same (better value actually, $3,000 for 2x a week vs $2250 for 1x a week), the other leagues are run much better. Parks officially close for the season on September 25, we still have teams in the playoffs in 3 divisions and we have no idea when or where our games will be. We haven't played a game since August 5th, when the regular season ended.

Chris_R

I Thought I Reacted Well
It never ceases to amaze me how much some people pay for leagues across this continent. Based on the league fees I've seen over my playing days...I feel like if I'm in a league that costs $2-3K I'd better be playing at the nicest park in the country, hitting the best balls money can buy (and tossing in new balls with the regularity of MLB), with the best 4 man umpire crews available....and free beer in the dugouts.

tonys1

It never ceases to amaze me how much some people pay for leagues across this continent. Based on the league fees I've seen over my playing days...I feel like if I'm in a league that costs $2-3K I'd better be playing at the nicest park in the country, hitting the best balls money can buy (and tossing in new balls with the regularity of MLB), with the best 4 man umpire crews available....and free beer in the dugouts.

You're expecting too much, man. Our reality is that greedy league owners wouldn't be making $80k+ profit on a 77 team league. How the hell do you expect them to SURVIVE and not starve to death??? Don't you appreciate all the efforts and time required to run a league???

To reach that margin, they need to be real lean and:

- can only supply one new ball per game
- cap game play at 1:45 when you paid for 2 hours
- occasionally forget to send you a scorekeeper and balls
- hire umps that beg for rides after games
- can only update the boxscores once a month
- regularly give you less than 72 hours notice on when your next game is

Chris_R

I Thought I Reacted Well
You're expecting too much, man. Our reality is that greedy league owners wouldn't be making $80k+ profit on a 77 team league. How the hell do you expect them to SURVIVE and not starve to death??? Don't you appreciate all the efforts and time required to run a league???

:eek: Sounds about as organized as the intramural league I play in on the air force base....except it's completely free.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans

Umps that need rides.. L O L!!!!

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Where in Canada are you, Tony? $1500 here for 18 double-headers, supplied umps, and 2 dozen new balls. You must be in Onterrible.

Country, we're allowed 4 plants per household. The only weed shortage was for people without yards.

tonys1

Where in Canada are you, Tony? $1500 here for 18 double-headers, supplied umps, and 2 dozen new balls. You must be in Onterrible.

Country, we're allowed 4 plants per household. The only weed shortage was for people without yards.

Montreal - that sounds like a sweet deal, Hiltz. Only nice perk with this league is ASA 2013 is allowed and we play with .52's.

r8dr_rider

So did anyone recommend any good .52s? I’m joining a league that provides one ball. Team needs to provide after that. I only have .44s.

jhitman

thanks, I don't often look at the ASA section

I was sent two by Bobby Buggs to demo. They are definitely better than the OG Evil balls that we currently use for our league play. I believe the composite cover and possibly the new stitching may have made this ball better, but you would need ask BB on that. They definitely carry better than the OG Evils and would be a good choice if you have a choice. The Dudley ZN's are also a good choice as well as the Trump Stotes.

tonys1

So basically, the ball created by mistake > the ball Bobby intentionally created using his brain. Do the math.

"This core material was actually created by mistake as a byproduct of our 575 core material."