Broken Bat??

Fatbat30

The Veteran
So I am trying to be fair here.

About 2weeks ago I sold a bat to a board brother. It was a Worth PST Xtra. I sold it to him for a very low price. The bat was used but in really good shape and very solid. I wish I could post the pics of the bat. I think it only had 1 ball mark on it otherwise you really couldn't tell it was used. There was nothing wrong with the bat when I sold it. Anyhow I just go a PM from him yesterday saying that he took some cuts with it and the barrel broke stating that the metal shell part cracked. So I am triying to be fair asking what you guys think I should do?? :confused:

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans
the rule is you swing it your buy it but had this happen and to be a GTG guy I found him a recipt .

alvinxnguyen

BALL OUT!!!
really if you swing it, its yours... but if you wanted to be nice, you could refund him something but its up to you.

RColeman23

Addicted to Softballfans
the rule is you swing it your buy it but had this happen and to be a GTG guy I found him a recipt .

if he got a recipt then he can return it right? So maybe kick him down some cash to even it out. So its like a got a return bat from you.

Just an idea. But I'm new to the whole online bat sell/trade thingy. I'm a noob and got my sticks before I found this site.

Fatbat30

The Veteran
I had no receipt I sold it to him without a reciept. basically it was just sitting in my closet so I sold it along with 5 other bats

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
it's a chance we all take by buying used bats...you never know when it could blow. i assume he looked it over and gave it the okay. once that first bp pitch was heading towards him he gave up the right to ask you for anything. it sucks, but C'est la vie

Tomj2345

aka...TOM A.V.
You Break It You Bought It...Wait a minute...You Bought It you Break it...I am not sure which applies here, but you should not feel bad for him...Feel bad for the bat... Not your fault, If there was a problem with the bat he should have contacted you BEFORE he hit it.

muskrat47

Addicted to Softballfans
this happened to me last year, bought a bat off of a teammate. the bat had less than 100 swings and broke in the cage over the winter with lass than 150 swings. Couldn't argue with the former owner because that bat wasn't even broke in when I bought it

B Ferris

Mr. Clean
When I buy a bat I look it over before useing it..So if he used it I am shure he looked it over before hitting with it. There are a lot of bats that brake with under 2-300 hits so no falt of yours.....

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
A PST breaking in <300 swings? That doesn't happen unless you're hitting bowling balls. Regardless, if there wasn't anything wrong with it when he got it, then it's not your fault it broke.

Enuflogic

remixed version
It's like an echo in here...I just posted this same thing like 2 days ago...

Basically if you buy a bat, swing it and it breaks (assuming its not altered and undetectable at the time of purchase)...it's yours.

SigAlphAblott

Addicted to Softballfans
bad deal for the guy. If everything was honest and truthful then I would say you're ok. he will get over it. May never buy a bat off you again, but plenty of people on the site.

SirKuz

OG Softball Addict
You don't swing a bat and then make demands for it after you do something to it. If there was no crack when he got it then its simply nothing to worry about unless you are psychic and did not disclose the fact that you knew it would crack on the 5th swing he takes with it.... :)