Bubba Club

chile

Bad Ape
the bubba club is what I was expecting after hitting the nurple and blue line (haven't hit a ressy)...I liked the FF EL and Bal well enough but not like I love the Nurple and BL...the Bubba brought that back. Swings awfully smooth and just whips around to make contact. only put about 50 cuts on it off my tee on an open field :/...the SS felt like it's in the "normal area" of the "Easton" but more in the T and O...maybe it'll "open downward into the S a little but there wasn't much juice in the S in my opinion...when you get a hold of one on the screws, you get that immediate gratification of a well hit ball and it goes. for once, i'll post a vid...not sure how the sound is, tho. the swing is what it is and that's all she wrote on that. carry on.

Last edited:

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
the bubba club is what I was expecting after hitting the nurple and blue line (haven't hit a ressy)...I liked the FF EL and Bal well enough but not like I love the Nurple and BL...the Bubba brought that back. Swings awfully smooth and just whips around to make contact. only put about 50 cuts on it off my tee on an open field :/...the SS felt like it's in the "normal area" of the "Easton" but more in the T and O...maybe it'll "open downward into the S a little but there wasn't much juice in the S in my opinion...when you get a hold of one on the screws, you get that immediate gratification of a well hit ball and it goes. for once, i'll post a vid...not sure how the sound is, tho. the swing is what it is and that's all she wrote on that. carry on.

It's ok but your on the wrong side of the dish.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
We put about 100 swings on mine today, feels good but needs a few more swings to be hot as the regular fire flex, this feels a little stiffer but we hit balls around 300-340 range. It didn't take long to get use to the short barrel and sweet spot is like what other said around the t of easton but if you hit it any place on the the barrel it did well with no vibs

greg1292

Coed bomb dropper........
25 swings with 52/300 hot dots the 28oz has a great feel to it and flies thru the zone so decided to game it last night
and the second at bat NX3 52/300 hit the fence 325ft. Ball come off crisp and is very easy to hit the ball anywhere on the
field with authority. For not being broke in this bat has a lot of potential and I for sure wish Easton would make more 10"
barrels.

chile

Bad Ape
Let me know when you decide it’s too heavy:rolleyes:o_O

I don't think it will be unless that progressive EL jump is really crazy...Debating between a 28 Bubba or another utrip Easton...idk.

edit: just grabbed a 26.5oz octane so the next BC will have to wait...probably till after the SBF exclusive :/...

Last edited:

chile

Bad Ape
put another few rounds on it this afternoon (off the tee again :/…) at about 130ish hits and it has opened up a bit. ss seemed easier to find. everything came off well (tattoo sx spinners, classic Ms and a couple of bp rockets). lost a few to the creek (yeah, it was shallow but I was too much of a ***** to slide down into it). hopefully, i'll get some live bp on it tomorrow or sometime later in the week.

jhoov02

Addicted to Softballfans

Want ounce is this??

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd love to see this in a 1-piece. Imagine an SRV4 with a 10" barrel and some more weight in the cap...
After reading all the posts from people having trouble adjusting to hitting a one piece because they're used to two piece bats I now want my 10" barrel imx bp bat to be a one piece.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
After reading all the posts from people having trouble adjusting to hitting a one piece because they're used to two piece bats I now want my 10" barrel imx bp bat to be a one piece.

All the people whining about 1-piece composite bats being unforgiving need to travel back in time and try a 36oz aluminum bat with a 9" barrel.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
Put another 50 or so swings on mine today on the baseball field that's 325 all away around, hitting 44 375s to help with the break in. Bat found another gear and I put 6 or 7 in a row at 325 and 3 or 4 over best one being a 340ft line drive. It's now gamer stage bat has webbing all over and has a good crack sound, sweet spot didn't feel hard to find. It's far from a dud bat like some have said.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I was a bit inconsistent with the hitting the ss in live bp but when I did get it, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeetttttttt. definitely a fun bat...

Did you hit it against any of your others?

Wondering if is any better than the blue line or nurple

chile

Bad Ape
Did you hit it against any of your others?

Wondering if is any better than the blue line or nurple

nah, just took it out on it's own...those two set the bar for the 18 easton line, imo...this has been the closest, performance-wise for me, to those two (still have to hit my octane and ressy, tho).

Last edited:

chile

Bad Ape
put about 50 more on with some live bp (probably at/around 200 hits now) and hitting the ss consistently...and it seems to have opened up quite a bit. it was game "useable" before...definitely game ready now.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
We put about 70 80 more swings today and this bat is great, on the baseball field again and was hitting 325 plus fairly easy hit a few back side hr that was 350ish. Bat feels great, sweet spot seems to be about the whole barrel. With 200ish swings it's game ready to mash.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Swung a Bubba Club for the first time last weekend. Tried it in a coed tourny using C+ balls. Only took 1 swing. I barreled it up well for a line drive HR to LF over a 320' fence. Obviously 1 swing isn't enough to say much about a bat, but I liked the way it swung. Came through the zone with authority. Noticeable (but not un-manageable) endload at 27 oz.

I'm still convinced this is a bat for power hitters who like hitting the ball out toward the end of the bat. I plan to try the bat again this weekend. Same park, same balls.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
Swung a Bubba Club for the first time last weekend. Tried it in a coed tourny using C+ balls. Only took 1 swing. I barreled it up well for a line drive HR to LF over a 320' fence. Obviously 1 swing isn't enough to say much about a bat, but I liked the way it swung. Came through the zone with authority. Noticeable (but not un-manageable) endload at 27 oz.

I'm still convinced this is a bat for power hitters who like hitting the ball out toward the end of the bat. I plan to try the bat again this weekend. Same park, same balls.

i havent really had a chance to hit mine much, but my buddy has used his since i picked one up for him and he seems to hit well with it, you might know him he played with peak up there in the denver area for a few years before he moved to KS, he pitched for them. Chanc is his name

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I'm tempted to buy a 28 ....

Picked up a used 28 and finally got some swings on it today. Really hit the ball well with it and the endload is definitely manageable

This was third on the day behind my MilitaryZ with a paint crack and a 17 wegman that is very webbed up.

I might swing it tonight and see how it does with the Classic M in the heat

chile

Bad Ape
Picked up a used 28 and finally got some swings on it today. Really hit the ball well with it and the endload is definitely manageable

This was third on the day behind my MilitaryZ with a paint crack and a 17 wegman that is very webbed up.

I might swing it tonight and see how it does with the Classic M in the heat

I like the EL on the 28...i just picked up a 26.5 pure that feels very sledgy compared to my 28 bubba

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I like the EL on the 28...i just picked up a 26.5 pure that feels very sledgy compared to my 28 bubba

Interesting that the 28 pure integrity el and the bubba swung very similar and distance was pretty close

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Took another swing with the Bubba Club yesterday. 320' field and hit a synthetic AD Starr Tattoo classic M. Ball was mush in 90 degrees. Still hit it about 350'.

To summarize, I've now swung the Club twice and have hit 2 HR. I like it. Having the sweetspot so far toward the end of the bat opens up the power potential a lot. The sweetspot obviously isn't large, but it seems to be very responsive.

Ball used doesn't matter either.