Bumgardner retiring

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Rusty is a class act as nice as they come. I met him about 5 years back at the Mcquades and he was one of the nicest people on that level of softball I have ever had the opportunity to speak with. He took the time to step aside and speak with me and a couple buddies and answered any questions we had. I was hesitant to start the conversation because lets face it if you have ever met Rusty he is a beast of a man and can be pretty loud on and off the field. lol But again one of the nicest guys I have ever met through this sport we all love.

Good luck this season and sure hope I get one last chance to see him before he is done.

MB:cool:

kokamojo15

Manager
He is one of few that will actually talk and not let the fame stand in the way. He spoke with my wife and I about combats. He is one of the major reason why I have nothing but combats in my bag. He is a true player to the game. His abilities are amazing. Class act on and off the field wish him the best for his life without ball

nomar1fan

Banned User
Truth . . . Rusty was no pretender either!!!!

Rusty is a class act as nice as they come. I met him about 5 years back at the Mcquades and he was one of the nicest people on that level of softball I have ever had the opportunity to speak with. He took the time to step aside and speak with me and a couple buddies and answered any questions we had. I was hesitant to start the conversation because lets face it if you have ever met Rusty he is a beast of a man and can be pretty loud on and off the field. lol But again one of the nicest guys I have ever met through this sport we all love.

Good luck this season and sure hope I get one last chance to see him before he is done.

MB:cool:

The real deal will be missed!!!!

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
Never had the chance to meet Rusty, but sounds like a great guy. I've only had the privilege of meeting Jeff Hall. He came here and I went and had wings and a beer with him the night before a HR derby he was going to show off at. The day of the derby he took batting practice with me and like 4 other guys. Then took me to lunch and we had sushi. Kind of a bromance... super nice guy though, totally down to earth, too!!

Tomj2345

aka...TOM A.V.
He will be missed...He gave me my 1st hitting lesson at COMbat Spring Training 5 years ago...Very hard not to learn something from him. Great Guy!!

BEEJ

Below Me
always a nice guy every time I met him. scary to pitch against!!!
[ame]http://youtu.be/otoGKVI9-AY[/ame]

50 second mark he hit the furthest ball ive ever seen hit in person, off of me.............over the corner of the ice skating rink in center field(500+ feet easily)

then a 1:05 hit one that I doubt I ever even saw, lol.....

people have said a lot of negative things about him, but from what I saw he was nothing other than a class act