Cage Work

NDrobber_03

Addicted to Softballfans
Has anyone else used the "SweetSpot" trainer for cage/tee work? I purchased the 33 inch model and have used it solely for all BP and found a drastic improvement. Best $30 I've spent to date.

NDrobber_03

Addicted to Softballfans
I have hit cages, tee and live pitching with the bat using a 50% swing. On tee and live pitching a mix of ball have been used upto the old blue dots (.47 525). The bat shows scuffs and other marks but no cracking or splinters after over 600 hits. Only draw back was the grip..it only lasted about 100 swings or so.

LSU_MJL

WHO DAT!!!
I have hit cages, tee and live pitching with the bat using a 50% swing. On tee and live pitching a mix of ball have been used upto the old blue dots (.47 525). The bat shows scuffs and other marks but no cracking or splinters after over 600 hits. Only draw back was the grip..it only lasted about 100 swings or so.

what is the length? i only saw up to 32" and most softball bats are 34". just wondering how that transfers or works for softball

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
what is the length? i only saw up to 32" and most softball bats are 34". just wondering how that transfers or works for softball

You want it where the sweetspot would be. What bat has a sweetspot at the endcap?

NDrobber_03

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a 33" and this matches up to where I want to hit on my Freak98 & I don't change my stance or box position.

gocubsgo

Addicted to Softballfans
Just take some white hockey tape and tape up the sweet spot on your bat. Make a conscious effort to hit the sweet spot and you should see ball marks on the tape.

NDrobber_03

Addicted to Softballfans
That work's also...I liked this option better because feedback is constant and immediate. Using today’s composite bats make the “tape” method not as effective and the older bats.