Carolina vs duke tomorrow

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
I posted this in another section but not much going on there. So who's your pick? Mine is Carolina by 5.

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
just not seeing it...

Roy_Williams_Larry_Drew_032709-370x278.jpg

single wally

Professional Amateur
Carolina has been looking a lot better recently but I don't like their odds of winning at Cameron. I'm going with Duke but think that it will be a battle.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
Sports Section?

Oh and give me 5 and Duke for 20??

I'm going to decline the bet. But not because I'm bot confident it's because I have awful luck. Hell I lost $100 on USC the yet they were supposed to kill Texas. Anything I bet on goes to hell.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
just not seeing it...

Roy_Williams_Larry_Drew_032709-370x278.jpg

Drew leaving was the single best thing that has happens to Carolina this year. Just watch they will be a much better team and I will be able to stop pulling my hair out every game.

Blazin

Pathetic Loser
Now you just sound uneducated. I can count on one hand the times this game has been a 20 point game in the last 10 years probably more. It's always close and always a good game.

Except for the last game they played. 50-82 Duke. But yes, I think it will be a good game.

Keithdor

Free at last!
I'm going to decline the bet. But not because I'm bot confident it's because I have awful luck. Hell I lost $100 on USC the yet they were supposed to kill Texas. Anything I bet on goes to hell.

That game was the closest I've ever been to suicide...still hurts.

Duke by 3

juice64011

Addicted to Softballfans
I think that it will be close but at the end Carolina will be fouling to put Duke at the line. So I'm saying Duke by 7

cwestwjg

Addicted to Softballfans
I grew up on tobacco road seen many games at Cameron and Smith Center this year I have to go with the Blue Devils for the win.

Mongo Slade

Master of the Mojo
Drew leaving was the single best thing that has happens to Carolina this year. Just watch they will be a much better team and I will be able to stop pulling my hair out every game.

Wholeheartedly agree...Best of luck to him in his future...Kendall Marshall is for real and is only going to get better! If we defend the 3 agressively it will be a close game, especially if Reggie Bullock is hitting...if they allow Dook to 3 at will game will be over by the 10 min mark of the first half. I say a close game that goes to Dook by less than 10.

Mongo Slade

Master of the Mojo
Losing after up 16 can't sit well with UNC fans.

Doesnt but those of us who can look objectively at the personnel and know the things they do well and don't shouldn't be suprised. In my earlier post I called Dook wins if the Heels allowed them to 3 at will...pretty much exactly what happened with Smith and Curry. Their perimeter defense has been sorry much of the time this season. Lots of this lies on Roy...I am as die hard as you will come across but he is not doing a great job with this group yet. When their defense collapses, so do they. You have some major questions to ask about your team as well...concerning that it took monumental effort by two players and collapse by UNC to win...IJS

Jayrock

Will Play for Bud Light!
Doesnt but those of us who can look objectively at the personnel and know the things they do well and don't shouldn't be suprised. In my earlier post I called Dook wins if the Heels allowed them to 3 at will...pretty much exactly what happened with Smith and Curry. Their perimeter defense has been sorry much of the time this season. Lots of this lies on Roy...I am as die hard as you will come across but he is not doing a great job with this group yet. When their defense collapses, so do they. You have some major questions to ask about your team as well...concerning that it took monumental effort by two players and collapse by UNC to win...IJS

I agree with you about ol' Roy. I have never been a fan of his even when he was at Kansas. He is not a great coach, just one hell of a recruiter. He wins because his teams are usually more talented that the other team and he has enough sense about him to stay out of their way and let them do their thing. This was true in his hayday at Kansas. That said i think he is horrible at in-game adjustments. His lack of in-game adjustments cost him at-least 2 NC at Kansas.

Mongo Slade

Master of the Mojo
I agree with you about ol' Roy. I have never been a fan of his even when he was at Kansas. He is not a great coach, just one hell of a recruiter. He wins because his teams are usually more talented that the other team and he has enough sense about him to stay out of their way and let them do their thing. This was true in his hayday at Kansas. That said i think he is horrible at in-game adjustments. His lack of in-game adjustments cost him at-least 2 NC at Kansas.

Agree mostly...especially that he sucks at in game adjustments. I'm no great baller but if a guy is busting threes common sense says somebodys gotta d up...a couple of games now where Roy can't or won't adjust the d to stop the jump shots. Why not try and make Duke beat them on the inside? Lots of unanswered questions for me...

LoveyPSU

Sorry, wrong trajectory
I was most impressed with Barnes' D on Singler. And as much as this pains me to say this, Singler is 10x better Re-**** and may be, IMO, one of the top 5 best Dook players ever.

Jayrock

Will Play for Bud Light!
I was most impressed with Barnes' D on Singler. And as much as this pains me to say this, Singler is 10x better Re-**** and may be, IMO, one of the top 5 best Dook players ever.

I think coming into this season he had a chance to go down as one of the all time greats at Duke, but he hasn't lived up too it. He is in a terrible shooting slump, its almost to the point where you cant call it a slump anymore cause its been all year except for a handful of games. In the unc game he almost had is consecutive game streak of scoring double digits broken. He got his 10th point on a free throw with less than 2 minutes into the game. He wasn't the one leading the charge from 16 down. No way he can even be considered top 10 players of all time unless he drops 35 on unc to bring them back in that game.

LoveyPSU

Sorry, wrong trajectory
I think coming into this season he had a chance to go down as one of the all time greats at Duke, but he hasn't lived up too it. He is in a terrible shooting slump, its almost to the point where you cant call it a slump anymore cause its been all year except for a handful of games. In the unc game he almost had is consecutive game streak of scoring double digits broken. He got his 10th point on a free throw with less than 2 minutes into the game. He wasn't the one leading the charge from 16 down. No way he can even be considered top 10 players of all time unless he drops 35 on unc to bring them back in that game.

He's still averaging 17.5/gm, though his REB and AST are slightly down over last year. There isn't anyone else on that team I'd want taking the last shot over him.

It was hard for me to give a Dook player a compliment, and you have to go and shoot me down! :p

halter91

Iam91
Saturday night rematch! Carolina wins this one. Should be a good game. Hopefully Duke can't hit the 3 ball like they did last time. GO HEELS!!!

Jayrock

Will Play for Bud Light!
All they have to do is get in Currys head....:D:p

Curry got in his own head. He was too hyped for the game. He wanted to go out and play great against his dads old team and with him in the stands watching. It backfired on him big time. Evan as bad a game Duke played they still had a chance to tie or take the lead under a minute and singler missed a 3.

Mongo Slade

Master of the Mojo
One of my good friends had a client give him tix to tonights game at Cameron...far from a Duke fan but I gotta say I'm excited to have the opportunity to go see a game at CIS...you just don't get these tix every day.