cartel question

boomboom32

Catch the ****ing ball!!!
demarini gurus.... one of my cartel's has DUBD etched on the taper. the other has DVZD. anyone know the difference?

Martell

Texas/New Mex Vinci Rep
Since demar outsources the handles and were having issues in the past getting them I am thinking they went with two different companies now to get them done..just a thought though...

ZIM

Addicted to Softballfans
Since demar outsources the handles and were having issues in the past getting them I am thinking they went with two different companies now to get them done..just a thought though...

mine is DVJD

iowa_kid

Manager
Ya all the new sticks are coded like this... Thinking date coded or maybe who assembled or as martell said could be something with handles but even the j2u's have them now so I kinda ruled that out... But either way letters mean nothing to us.. But something for the guys at the factory

ck1

The Madness
It is probably code for the retailer. Seems like a simple way to compare the code to the receipt rather than calling a retailer and having them check sales records.

Will B

DeMarini Nation
It has nothing to do with the retailer or handle company, I have seen 3 different codes at the same "mom and pop" retailer I am selling my Cartels thru. It is a code that the factory puts on the handles, and I think the only person on here ho truly knows what it means is Larsen. He addressed it earlier saying that the Factory uses it for some sort of "tracking" or "production code".