cheaters!!!!!!!!!!

Raz9396

Addicted to Softballfans
I talked to of our local teams at our ASA league party and they were talking about how they were all going to buy juiced bats for next year because the best team in our league smoked them 14-2 in semis. I asked them if they were gonna buy painted sticks and he said no.....they were gonna take the sleeve out of a Ultra2 and put it in another bat?? :mad: Never heard of this before........Is there a way for the umps to tell or a way to test their bats?? lmk.....I also told them that they are ******* if they have to swing glass and I'm going to be there when they accidentally kill a pitcher

Last edited by a moderator:

AJ22

Super Moderator
1. - You can't bypss the swear filter no matter what point you are trying to get acrossed.

2. - The team you are ranting about isn't swinging glass. You openly state the other team was adding a sleeve from another bat. SHAVED = GLASS, correct ? Adding a sleeve = ALTERING .. (I think I got the terminology correct).

3. - (back to #2 above). Adding a sleeve is altering and 100% illegal. The only way you can tell is if you cut open the bat. I would bet over 90% of bats that are worked this way are probably done in a way that you can't detect the work. Performance alone will be a tell tale, but you can't go calling every bat out without proof. Unless your league has one of those not so perfect compression testing machine, not much you can do.

RT Addict

\m/NEED MORE COWBELL\m/
With 2 runs it wouldn't matter what they swing; they suck.

^^^^ exactly ^^^^

or as I have told someone who was whining about our bats when both teams were using U2's....

There is not a single bat in OUR dugout that will prevent YOU from getting a hit.... so STFU and play ball. :D

hrdchrgin13

Adding a sleeve is altering and 100% illegal. The only way you can tell is if you cut open the bat. I would bet over 90% of bats that are worked this way are probably done in a way that you can't detect the work. Performance alone will be a tell tale, but you can't go calling every bat out without proof. Unless your league has one of those not so perfect compression testing machine, not much you can do.

There should be a line where the inserted sleeve stops right?

landsharklager

GDC MULTI-PLATINUM MEMBER
There should be a line where the inserted sleeve stops right?

Not if done correctly.

Currently there is a place on the internet that is doing this with the Freak FX and putting UII sleaves in, they also use to do this with the Vicious.

From my understanding, Worth bats can be done as well, but is not as popular, nor is anyone producing these that I know of.

Last edited:

DanGer1285

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^^ exactly ^^^^

or as I have told someone who was whining about our bats when both teams were using U2's....

There is not a single bat in OUR dugout that will prevent YOU from getting a hit.... so STFU and play ball. :D

That is a very solid point. :D

popo4u

Addicted to Softballfans
Not if done correctly.

Currently there is a place on the internet that is doing this with the Freak FX and putting UII sleaves in, they also use to do this with the Vicious.

From my understanding, Worth bats can be done as well, but is not as popular, nor is anyone producing these that I know of.

I believe it's Miken Nemesis ( Black and Gold), but maybe the Chaos, has a sleeve in it as well. I have heard that this sleeve can get replaced with a titanium sleeve to make the bat HOT.

I would recommend additional BP...not hotter bats. If you can hit, you can hit any bat. If you can't hit, then a dirty bat is only going to make for longer fly ball outs.

landsharklager

I believe it's Miken Nemesis ( Black and Gold), but maybe the Chaos, has a sleeve in it as well. I have heard that this sleeve can get replaced with a titanium sleeve to make the bat HOT.

I would recommend additional BP...not hotter bats. If you can hit, you can hit any bat. If you can't hit, then a dirty bat is only going to make for longer fly ball outs.

Any more I just assume if a person is swinging a Miken they are cheating.

Either it is a painted Ultra or it's been sleeved.

bigsur10

snaggin blanket anyone?!?
14-2 is smoked??????? dang even the worst team in the league here scores more than 2 runs and the top 5 score well over 14 per game. Sounds like a tough league for sure......

popo4u

Addicted to Softballfans
Any more I just assume if a person is swinging a Miken they are cheating.

Either it is a painted Ultra or it's been sleeved.

A lot of leagues out here banned all Mikens. :mad: This seems silly to me since you can alter other manufacturers just as easily (Easton and Worth). I have seen ads and actual bats that were repainted Worths so this isn't limited to just Mikens.

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
I love these threads.
All the guys saying just play ball and it doesnt matter, why would you buy a bat for $200-$300 and then spend X more to have it worked if it doesnt make a difference?
Man up and admit you are cheating, quit trying to justify what you are doing.

landsharklager

I love these threads.
All the guys saying just play ball and it doesnt matter, why would you buy a bat for $200-$300 and then spend X more to have it worked if it doesnt make a difference?

What? :confused:

Raz9396

Addicted to Softballfans
1. - You can't bypss the swear filter no matter what point you are trying to get acrossed.

2. - The team you are ranting about isn't swinging glass. You openly state the other team was adding a sleeve from another bat. SHAVED = GLASS, correct ? Adding a sleeve = ALTERING .. (I think I got the terminology correct).

3. - (back to #2 above). Adding a sleeve is altering and 100% illegal. The only way you can tell is if you cut open the bat. I would bet over 90% of bats that are worked this way are probably done in a way that you can't detect the work. Performance alone will be a tell tale, but you can't go calling every bat out without proof. Unless your league has one of those not so perfect compression testing machine, not much you can do.

Sorry AJ22......I'm not utd on all the cheaters logo!! :rolleyes: They swing glass now but said to me that they are going to re sleeve their bats next year. I've NEVER heard of this before......Would a compression tester weed these bats out? :confused: :confused: I advised the league director that he should buy 3 bats per field and have everyone use them this way it evens the playing field and would really show the quality of the players.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
I stopped reading when you said glass. That's the dumbest thing you can call a shaved bat. The two have zero in common.

AveregeJay

Banned User
I stopped reading when you said glass. That's the dumbest thing you can call a shaved bat. The two have zero in common.

But it sounds like glass breaking mang!!!

Z1000 I call "Opa" because it's like a ceramic plate breaking upon impact.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
I love these threads.

So because someone says man up they're automatically cheating??? I love playing against teams that I know have them. It's more fun beating them that way.