CL22 leaves Demarini for Worth?!

FGZ09

Addicted to Softballfans
Seen it on the gram... He changed his IG name from Demarini22 to 22Larsen22, and posted a video hitting a bomb with a legit with hashtag #NewBeginnings #Legit... Pretty crazy,

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
FOTBB46_zpsdts67mbe.jpg

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Hmmm his Facebook page says "worked" @ demarini, and pictogram he said something about opportunity representing miken/worth, but now it's gone, crazy

Last edited:

DRG

Has the entire conference majors world lost their minds. We got big name players moving all over the place. Faces of manufacturers swapping. It's a mess.

fozzie33

Starting Player
According to a chat on DeMarini Worldwide on facebook, he was "let go" by DeMarini and signed with Worth soon thereafter. So it wasn't like he left for the money.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Personally I think he lost his lustre and it was time for the D to push names that were playing for USA and Majors like DB - I mean, DB was playing Team USA and for SiS in Majors. Did CL even play anywhere above B in Conference last year? (Forgive me as I do not follow it to the bone like some, but I seem to recall by the time border battle rosters were announced he didn't even crack that while Resmondo guys aren't allowed in that event. DB did and put on a show.)

Plus, admittedly, the Utrip bats are behind. Even Easton surpassed them now with the Flex.

With Worth looking to restore the damage from Resmondo leaving them, CL22 seems like a good name to add to the stable. Not like he doesn't market himself and his sponsors well so it helps Worth exposure for sure. If you saw that IG post and bomb he hit, makes you wonder a little how long he was held back swinging the D sticks in Utrip.

Just think as the main draw, it was no longer the case for Demarini. Seems like DB has stolen the show, time to push him moreso. And now get their act together in Utrip and come out with good bats that are relevant against the rest.

Time will tell, at this point, wouldn't be surprised we see DB with a deal elsewhere too. He deserves one.

My 2 cents, we can agree to disagree but.....

FGZ09

Addicted to Softballfans
Personally I think he lost his lustre and it was time for the D to push names that were playing for USA and Majors like DB - I mean, DB was playing Team USA and for SiS in Majors. Did CL even play anywhere above B in Conference last year? (Forgive me as I do not follow it to the bone like some, but I seem to recall by the time border battle rosters were announced he didn't even crack that while Resmondo guys aren't allowed in that event. DB did and put on a show.)

Plus, admittedly, the Utrip bats are behind. Even Easton surpassed them now with the Flex.

With Worth looking to restore the damage from Resmondo leaving them, CL22 seems like a good name to add to the stable. Not like he doesn't market himself and his sponsors well so it helps Worth exposure for sure. If you saw that IG post and bomb he hit, makes you wonder a little how long he was held back swinging the D sticks in Utrip.

Just think as the main draw, it was no longer the case for Demarini. Seems like DB has stolen the show, time to push him moreso. And now get their act together in Utrip and come out with good bats that are relevant against the rest.

Time will tell, at this point, wouldn't be surprised we see DB with a deal elsewhere too. He deserves one.

Everything you wrote makes sense to me, I agree... I just always thought he kinda ran **** there... Guess I didn't know anything lol

TRaj2327

He played on Vivid which was a AA team, one level from Major and 2 levels above B.

Yes, he was on Team USA. I'm not sure what you mean by "held back." Chris has been on top teams for a while. GTL, Baugh Ford, The Scene, Vivid, Classic Glass. None of which are typically considered household names, but they are no slouches. Because he's a C/EH type it's hard for a guy like him to break into a team like Resmondo or SIS considering the guys they already have.

I still don't think much of the Flex to be honest.

I don't believe he is getting a signature bat, but rather just swinging Worth/Miken. I may be wrong.

Dale already has his own bat and will continue to. Book it.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Dale's bats were always random ltd editions though. Never full retail line. Never available in Canada like the others even though we kept hearing great things. Tbh the whole brand's gone to ****

No offense but outside where D was really popular we know and hear more about DB than CL last few years.

I'm thinking it was a choice to cut a loss. What was paid vs "what he brought in" was no longer worth it.

And no Larsen was not on USA roster in 2016...

Times change, like fashion, and some players come and go. It happens. Meh.

Personally for Demarini it would take a lot now. 1) They'd have to actually show up with demos here and make like they give a care about the region (they don't and other brands do. Was one of few still giving them a chance and the product continued to disappoint) and 2) Would need one heck of Utrip bat to be back on par with the others.

Krush411

Manager
2) Would need one heck of Utrip bat to be back on par with the others.

I'm with you, I bought the InsaneU after the hype and it didn't touch my Mikens distance wise even after 500 hits. I sold it.
I know a dude that is raking it with the Deuce though and he is like me, not much luck with recent Demarini's before the Deuce. Have you tried it by any chance?

THESHOE

Starting Player
Nope. As per usual, Demarini drops some mid season ltd ed we Canadians can't get our hands on or try, costs a fortune to import, that garners all the hype the speing full retail
Line wasn't. Tired of that ****. Eff em now.

I'm with you, I bought the InsaneU after the hype and it didn't touch my Mikens distance wise even after 500 hits. I sold it.
I know a dude that is raking it with the Deuce though and he is like me, not much luck with recent Demarini's before the Deuce. Have you tried it by any chance?

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
i SAW that they "let go" some of the DGAs, if not all. i didn't look that deep into it once they started talking about demarini phasing out slowpitch all together after next year. i doubt/hope it doesn't come to that.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
i SAW that they "let go" some of the DGAs, if not all. i didn't look that deep into it once they started talking about demarini phasing out slowpitch all together after next year. i doubt/hope it doesn't come to that.

Seeing how they are the kings of ASA bats right now. That would be the dumbest decision ever. Kinda doubt it, but who knows

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
The reasoning behind that argument was dependant on miken's new asa tech being a success, which it should be, and the baseball side continuing to do well.

Last edited:

WillW3

Starting Player
I can't believe you guys are considering that the fact that Demarin's utrip bats aren't that great had anything to do with it. These guys are the best in the game. He rakes with anything. It's like the whole "Resmondo lost because the new bats aren't as good" argument. It's completely stupid. There are definitely bats better than others, but it doesn't make or break a player/team. Just my $.02

jkwoody22

League ball huer

That makes sense with the acquisition of Louisville just roll all baseball and softball into one line and keep Wilson for gloves just based on name recognition alone for the general public, it would be sad

jwheelerhuffman

#ifyouaintworkin
That makes sense with the acquisition of Louisville just roll all baseball and softball into one line and keep Wilson for gloves just based on name recognition alone for the general public, it would be sad

Wilson owns demarini...DeMarini is not "Keeping them around" for name recognition

THESHOE

Starting Player
Nothing to do with CL22's choice or ability.... You're right.

Everything to do with dwindling sales for that brand, and likely their inability to justify keeping paid staff around.

I can't believe you guys are considering that the fact that Demarin's utrip bats aren't that great had anything to do with it. These guys are the best in the game. He rakes with anything. It's like the whole "Resmondo lost because the new bats aren't as good" argument. It's completely stupid. There are definitely bats better than others, but it doesn't make or break a player/team. Just my $.02

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Wilson owns demarini...DeMarini is not "Keeping them around" for name recognition

Huff I was referring to Louisville over Demarini, not Wilson, imo the slugger name has more noterity to the common folk, and I hope demarini doesn't fold up shop so to speak, I'm sure you know the real reasons and all the dirt

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't understand why everyone is down on Demarini's utrip bats. This years CL22 was just as good as any other utrip bat. The Worth/Miken line might have broken in a little faster, but they all performed the same once they were broken in.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I want to agree with you so bad, but nope.

Not with the 40 and 52 Cor balls we see. Rocks maybe, but not with the softer.

I had a CL22 I kept hitting and hitting with a mix of balls. Never touched anything Miken/Worth, LS, Nighthawk or even Easton Flex we had. It destroyed 47/500 balls, but who the hell gets to game those anymore.

They've become obsolete here with the rules of Utrip Thumbstamp. See less and less and now almost none.

Doesn't help that they also seemingly have zero exposure or presence around events and demos unlike all the other brands.

Side note; Ryan Harvey also gone to Worth and going to play with Scene? Yikes.... And now hearing rumblings of other key Demarini names gone.

I don't understand why everyone is down on Demarini's utrip bats. This years CL22 was just as good as any other utrip bat. The Worth/Miken line might have broken in a little faster, but they all performed the same once they were broken in.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I want to agree with you so bad, but nope.

Not with the 40 and 52 Cor balls we see. Rocks maybe, but not with the softer.

I had a CL22 I kept hitting and hitting with a mix of balls. Never touched anything Miken/Worth, LS, Nighthawk or even Easton Flex we had. It destroyed 47/500 balls, but who the hell gets to game those anymore.

They've become obsolete here with the rules of Utrip Thumbstamp. See less and less and now almost none.

Doesn't help that they also seemingly have zero exposure or presence around events and demos unlike all the other brands.

Side note; Ryan Harvey also gone to Worth and going to play with Scene? Yikes.... And now hearing rumblings of other key Demarini names gone.
To each their own. I stopped gaming the Fulk legit once I swung the new CL22. Tried out all the Eastons this year and none of them impressed me at all.

THESHOE

Starting Player
For sure. I felt the same way until the Flex.

TBH once I swung that, and kept doing so. I found a bat that was as good as any, and yet kept consistent and didn't fail comp.

No doubt Worth/Miken are off the charts out of wrappers. They fail quick or get way too soft feeling quick for me personally.

To each their own. I stopped gaming the Fulk legit once I swung the new CL22. Tried out all the Eastons this year and none of them impressed me at all.

ck1

The Madness
I doubt this much to do with bat performance.

It's that time of year when companies are handing out budget targets for 2017. It's quite possible that the parent company Amer Sports, for whatever reason, is having to make some hard choices on funding for each of its brands next year. Being in a finance leadership position I can tell you from experience that when the belt gets tightened, Sales & Marketing are one of the first levers pulled, particularly in a product line that is not your core business.