CL22 leaves Demarini for Worth?!

milesej05

The Rookie
I bought a 2014 CL22 off a guy on FB as a hunch, and it was a helluva deal. Swung it for about a week before I purchased another one. By the time its all said and done, I have 4 CL22's. These bats demolish the Classic Plus balls that we are forced to hit in my area. Tournament in KC last weekend we hit Classic M Gold Dot balls and I could NOT keep the ball in the park (300' fences). I don't care what anyone says about Worth/Miken/Demarini...swing what YOU like. I have 2 J5's for ASA ball (.52/300) and those bats smoke those balls.

THESHOE

Starting Player
That's what I thought previously.

Seeing LS let Harvey walk to Worth now seems to only reinforce that thought.

Again, the performance thing became a side chat. Not the reason I think he left at all. At first I thought it was Larsen being a dwindling attraction, then maybe also that the D was a dwindling investment in Utrip, but it seems more and more are following suit. Heard rumbling Huff was next, no word on DB's status yet.

LS (also Amer/Wilson whatever you wanna call it) lost Harvey, and thought I may have read the Backman Shoppe team will be no more either.

Maybe they are facing financial issues, or re-structuring so sponsorship money goes first. Many other brands in other sports we've seen this with in the past.

I doubt this much to do with bat performance.

It's that time of year when companies are handing out budget targets for 2017. It's quite possible that the parent company Amer Sports, for whatever reason, is having to make some hard choices on funding for each of its brands next year.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Stadium isn't as hot as my Freak 30, but it's giving signs of being as hot eventually, and possibly for longer. We shall see, but it's not like the Stadium isn't a top tier UTrip bat.

Duke sucks.

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
So, what does DeMarini have to do to make their Utrip line as competitive as their ASA?

Honestly, I have limited use of Flippers but Im not stoked about them. the utrip Flippers were really awkward for me. never felt right. where something like the Fututre and Legacy I really liked. my 2013 CL22 was/is prolly my best DeMarini stick.

i dont have much if any ASA around but I did get a Juggy this year just for fun to see how they were and I couldnt get used to the give in the handle. everyone speaks so highly of the Juggy but I was pretty underwhelmed by it.

Still, im a bat junkie and dont wanna see companies bite it, sad to see Combat go, dont want to see DeMarini go.

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
IMG_1081.PNG On a demarini note. Newbreed release their roster and are a demarini team this year. Good young talent. Supposed to be a major team too

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
With this team I don't think demarini is going anywhere in the utrip market.

Their bats have lacked for utrip yes but I'm with wik I absolutely loved the black and lime green 2013 stadium.

Huff you know how good that bat was. We swung the **** out of that thing.

ck1

The Madness
That's what I thought previously.

Seeing LS let Harvey walk to Worth now seems to only reinforce that thought.

Again, the performance thing became a side chat. Not the reason I think he left at all. At first I thought it was Larsen being a dwindling attraction, then maybe also that the D was a dwindling investment in Utrip, but it seems more and more are following suit. Heard rumbling Huff was next, no word on DB's status yet.

LS (also Amer/Wilson whatever you wanna call it) lost Harvey, and thought I may have read the Backman Shoppe team will be no more either.

Maybe they are facing financial issues, or re-structuring so sponsorship money goes first. Many other brands in other sports we've seen this with in the past.

I have no idea what Wilson's financials were for the past year but a question they would be asking is whether they are better investing the money in baseball or fastpitch or slowpitch. Second, if within those do they invest the money in R&D or Marketing?

Again, tough choices no matter the circumstances. Chris isn't just a slowpitch softball player, he's a guy with a career who wants to continue to develop and grow, to make an impact at his employer. I wish him the best and hope he can realize his goals at his new employer.

jwheelerhuffman

#ifyouaintworkin
With this team I don't think demarini is going anywhere in the utrip market.

Their bats have lacked for utrip yes but I'm with wik I absolutely loved the black and lime green 2013 stadium.

Huff you know how good that bat was. We swung the **** out of that thing.

i believe the great Bob Dylan said it best "These times, they are a changing"

milesej05

The Rookie
My Stadium isn't as hot as my Freak 30, but it's giving signs of being as hot eventually, and possibly for longer. We shall see, but it's not like the Stadium isn't a top tier UTrip bat.

I agree 110% that the Stadium's aren't nearly as hot as a Freak30, but they do last longer...you can't argue that point at all.

Nelly_13

Manager
From what I heard, the sig bat this year will be a bat for Bubba and a Newbreed bat which is replacing the CL22!

MPT23

Putting on the foil
They need to make a senior bat with J2U composite and handle with a good. EL. A true juggy senior.

DRG

1. No one cares about Canada
2. Larsen didn't leave due to bats not being hot enough. That's the dumbest thing ever
3. Larsen has as much of not more visibility than DB. I love me some DB but hes still young and he will be there one day. Probably sooner now. Larsen had a face and a personality about him and was able to travel around the country playing with a bunch of guys. I know this year a lone he was in Arizona Virginia and a few other states playing off the conference schedule.

THESHOE

Starting Player
To each his own man.

As for comment #1, could be why it's all LS and Miken/Worth here. Because THEY do care and get the sales and figures to show and back it. Many US regions are the same tbh. So if their sales suck and don't show for their staffers and marketing dollar spent, look no further.

#2- Not me who hinted this at all. Yes a side track convo went that way a little. And yes, IMO he is in a better place now for Utrip. But performance is certainly not a determining factor. To their sales of bats as a company maybe, maybe marginally to the decision to cut staffers, but not the main reason behind it all.

#3 - Yes/no - We can agree to disagree. But like others we've seen come and go in the past, once they are out of Majors, they loose the big deals. Nothing to do with whether they're cool guys or good ambassadors or not. Just some, when they are no longer at that top level, they aren't worth dishing the pay cheque too anymore. Could list examples, but I am pretty sure you can guess who. Nothing against them as ambassadors, but the bat deals went quick when they were done with that level of play.

Changing of the guards so to speak. Who knows, maybe the new start means Larsen will be back into the Elite. Time will tell.

2. Larsen didn't leave due to bats not being hot enough. That's the dumbest thing ever
3. Larsen has as much of not more visibility than DB. I love me some DB but hes still young and he will be there one day. Probably sooner now. Larsen had a face and a personality about him and was able to travel around the country playing with a bunch of guys. I know this year a lone he was in Arizona Virginia and a few other states playing off the conference schedule.

Hiltz

Built for comfort

To each his own man.

As for comment #1, could be why it's all LS and Miken/Worth here. Because THEY do care and get the sales and figures to show and back it. Many US regions are the same tbh. So if their sales suck and don't show for their staffers and marketing dollar spent, look no further.

Aside from the occasional re-painted Canadian exclusive, there is absolutely zero promotion from any manufacturer in the Atlantic region. A few demos over the winter and $350 retail prices in local stores, that's it. I guess that's expected when you live in the more sparsely populated region of a country that has less people than NY state.

no really, nobody cares about canada

You're probably right.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Stadium has about 375 fewer swings on it than my Freak 30 was really the point I was making. I'm pretty sure when they're both still passing compression they'll be pretty damned comparable. The people who have the out of this world Mikens that I know have Mikens that were barely passing compression several hundred swings ago, so nobody in their right mind believes they're still passing now.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans

Hi buddy! ;)